Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2020, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Thank you I spent a lot of money
But it seems you consider it money well spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)

I really hope the Waitress UK tour goes ahead next year. They've already had to reschedule it of course. I'd really like to see it again (it will only be my second time! )
I'm hoping it comes to the new theater venue here next season. I'm also hoping that prices might be a bit more reasonable than they were in DC.

~Heidi
Old 08-05-2020, 08:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I started working for Door Dash today - passed my background check on Monday but didn't get a chance to actually do anything until today.

Quote:
To quote Ogie, I am in love (love, love) and I don't care who knows it!

Quote:
I really hope the Waitress UK tour goes ahead next year. They've already had to reschedule it of course. I'd really like to see it again (it will only be my second time! )
Fingers crossed! And that it tours again here.

Old 08-06-2020, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good luck with the Door Dash. They just started in this area right before Covid. They only deliver from about 6 restaurants, but at least it's something.

~Heidi
Old 08-06-2020, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Good luck with the Door Dash. They just started in this area right before Covid. They only deliver from about 6 restaurants, but at least it's something.
We've had it here a while, but it doesn't deliver to my house, so I don't use it much. But I have been kept pretty busy the last couple days!

Old 08-07-2020, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
We've had it here a while, but it doesn't deliver to my house, so I don't use it much. But I have been kept pretty busy the last couple days!
Hopefully you get good tips!

~Heidi
Old 08-07-2020, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Hopefully you get good tips!
It's not bad! Some don't tip at all, some tip great, but if you dash in a busy area during a busy time you get a couple extra bucks base pay, which can more than make up for someone not tipping.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm glad to here they pass some of that extra money on to the dashers.

~Heidi
Old 08-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm glad to here they pass some of that extra money on to the dashers.
This bonus program is a fairly recent update - people were protesting low pay while being expected to work during lockdown, so now they offer incentives to people for working...at all, basically. I'm sure if these bonuses go away ever there will be a virtual riot. Last year there was some hulabaloo about tips and they permanently changed the way they did that, so that was good, and I hope this "busy bonus" thing stays around too.

Old 08-09-2020, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

There are a lot of restaurants and other businesses that take a percentage of employees tips, based on the fact that credit card companies charge them a percentage of the total for the privilege of being able to take payments via credit card. And while it's true that credit card companies do charge, many businesses take a percentage from tips that is a lot higher than what they are actually charged by the credit card companies. Businesses are charged at a sliding scale depending on the number of transactions submitted and the total dollar amount of those transactions. A company like DoorDash most likely pools all of their daily charges into a single submission and therefore likely is charged one of the lowest rates.

Before the virus, and "contactless delivery" I used to always give delivery people their tip in cash because of the above.

~Heidi
Old 08-10-2020, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So yesterday right after I woke up we had an earthquake. It was 5.1 and centered about 60 miles from me. Shook the whole house and made my TV wiggle on its stand. Only my second earthquake, but I'm already tired of them.

~Heidi
Old 08-10-2020, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm assuming your explanation of how credit card companies work was for international posters who may live somewhere it works differently? (At first I was like "...does she think I don't know basic credit card knowledge?")

Quote:
So yesterday right after I woke up we had an earthquake. It was 5.1 and centered about 60 miles from me. Shook the whole house and made my TV wiggle on its stand. Only my second earthquake, but I'm already tired of them.
I am so glad I live somewhere where you don't *really* feel them. If they happen when we're asleep, we don't notice. If we're awake and sitting down we can feel earthquakes, but even then we sometimes miss them. They're never bad enough to knock something off shelves or tables unless that thing was perched on the edge anyway. Though once it did knock ME over because I just happened to be getting off the couch at the same time one happened, and me doing the natural rebalancing thing at the same time there was an ever so slight shudder send me flying.

Old 08-11-2020, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You might be surprised how many people don't know how credit cards work - even people who deal with them regularly. A lot of people think the companies make all their money from interest charged to purchasers.

We don't get a lot of earthquakes here, either. I'm really rather surprised that this is the 2nd one that has been strong enough for me to really notice.

~Heidi
Old 08-15-2020, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Whew, heavy stuff at work lately. Coworker is getting a divorce, and it involves a protective order, threats of violence, and 3 kids under the age of 7. Coworker has been with this person since she was in high school and he was...considerably older. It's been nearly a 20 year relationship and she's just now realizing she was groomed and has been manipulated/gaslit for basically the entire relationship. I feel SO bad for her and she just has no idea how to navigate all this and is so overwhelmed at everything that goes into getting out.

Old 08-16-2020, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's terrible, but it happens all too frequently. I hope she finds a way to navigate through it all. Is there some sort of assistance or support groups that she can work with? I know they can't always do much materially, but just having someone to talk to who has been through similar experiences may help.

~Heidi
Old 08-16-2020, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She doesn't have any idea how to even find those places. She's basically just leaning on us right now - and her family has completely vanished on her (from an availability/support standpoint) so right now, of the two receptionists at that location, one of us babysits her kids so she can come to work while the other one works the desk.

I drove back from a visit to my friend's farm in KY a day early to cover the desk for the other receptionist so she could watch this woman's kids, and all day she kept saying to me "I can't believe you two are bending over backward for me when my family won't."

Closed Thread   Post New Thread