Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2017, 11:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Go ahead! Pile it on! I'm going to have to take a vacation day pretty soon just to wade through everything. Which is as good an excuse for a vacation day as anything.

~Heidi
Old 09-17-2017, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The fanfic section of fandom has been so quiet lately. I was shocked when I went to update Here To Stay and my previous update was five days earlier but it was still at the top of the fanfic list. And there's like...no reviewing happening either. I wanted to finish both my Scorpion WIPs before the new season starts, but when no one is reading, it's hard to get that motivation up.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:53 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
The fanfic section of fandom has been so quiet lately. I was shocked when I went to update Here To Stay and my previous update was five days earlier but it was still at the top of the fanfic list. And there's like...no reviewing happening either. I wanted to finish both my Scorpion WIPs before the new season starts, but when no one is reading, it's hard to get that motivation up.
I don't have much spare time to write during the summer when the children are not at school, but I have been working on a multi chapter story, it's just taking some time. I don't usually post anything until I've finished the whole story though, because I tend to go back and change things in earlier chapters once I get to the end. ( I have been known to change the name of my main guest character after ten chapters! )

I do have another idea for a one shot, single chapter story, though, so I might just write that first to get it out of my head and then go back to my multi chapter later.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
When Tumblr notifies you that "Oh Goody, AO3FEED SCORPION is posting again!" you know there's been a fanfic drought.

~Heidi
Old 09-18-2017, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hahahaha.

I was trying to update today, but 1. writing smut while babysitting a four month old is not the easiest thing in the world and 2. this whole reviewer drought that seems to be spanning over everyone's fics just doesn't do much for my motivation. I don't know why her name is escaping me at the moment but ScorplingInTraining and I were lamenting that yesterday.

Old 09-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Loyal Fan

I definitely hope fics pick up when the show starts. I love reading from the regulars, but it would be nice to read a fresh story from a new writer or a writer that hasn't posted in a lonnnnnng time. (And I'm talking more along the lines of the writers who hasn't written anything since May or before.)

Also to add to the pet peeves is when someone sends a PM and just says, "Hi." or "I have a question" without adding any context. Siiiiigh
Old 09-19-2017, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

And most of the regulars aren't even updating right now.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:36 AM
Absolute Fan

The other fandoms I've written in have a much smaller fanbase so I'm quite used to having only one or two reviews. It is disheartening, but I try to tell myself that I'm writing for me because I love writing and I'm not writing for other people. If they choose not to read my stories then it's their loss!

I'm having a ball writing for Scorpion, though, where more people are reading my stories and leaving reviews. It is a good feeling to wake up to a lovely comment from a fellow fan.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Some fandoms I write/wrote for are much smaller, so my review hopes and expectations (I say expectations only because after a while you do start anticipating based on the size of the fandom) does vary, but both updates and reviews have really dropped off this month for Scorpion. I hope it re picks up after the show comes back, but it's strange to me that the fandom would be going strong for most of the hiatus then vanish the month the show comes back.

Old 09-19-2017, 02:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In the days before ff.net I wrote mostly for e-mail lists. Those groups were usually very small, although it was the X-Files fandom, so the fanbase was huge. Since it was an e-mail list, people could only write reviews or comments to the entire list, so very few people did. Feedback was very hard to come by.

~Heidi
Old 09-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Updated Try Try Try - chapter 19 now.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:26 AM
Loyal Fan

Loved it!

I also uploaded (and completed) one of my stories.

Because of Ralph - Chapter 9
Old 09-20-2017, 12:32 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Updated Try Try Try - chapter 19 now.
19!? I'll never catch up! No, I will get there, I promise. I've added you to my favourite authors now, Nicole, along with a few others so I'm hoping to get some reading and reviewing done over the next few days. Apologies to you all in advance for the influx of ff.net notifications! (I'm dS-Tiff for those who don't recognise my ff.net username. )
Old 09-20-2017, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If 19 is a lot of chapters, I would recommend you not read Serendipity.

I need to catch up on yours, still! When busy season at work ends (November) I will have a lot more time!

Old 09-20-2017, 08:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I beg to differ, Nicole. Serendipity may be a marathon, but it is well worth it. I highly recommend it!

~Heidi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread