Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2019, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
Thanks for the link, Heidi. I have no idea what's going on in that clip out of context, but I assume from the title of the film that RP is playing a cop!
It's about an Iraqi War veteran and the difficulties he encounters after coming back home. RP plays his boss, who apparently treats him pretty poorly. It's not getting very good reviews.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 01:38 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
It's about an Iraqi War veteran and the difficulties he encounters after coming back home. RP plays his boss, who apparently treats him pretty poorly. It's not getting very good reviews.
Ah, OK. Thank you for the info.
Old 02-07-2019, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If you could know one thing about Cabe's life that we never found out about, what would it be?

~Heidi
Old 02-08-2019, 03:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
If you could know one thing about Cabe's life that we never found out about, what would it be?
We know quite a lot about Cabe's life already, but there are still plenty of gaps. Does he have any siblings? Where did he meet Rebecca? (Or do we already know that?) He must have so many stories - good and bad - from his military career that it would have been so interesting to hear.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to know more about Cabe's marriage and family life. We know he must have been married to Rebecca for quite a few years. I don't know if we ever found out exactly how old their daughter was, but I think she must have been at least 8 or 10 - which means he was married at least that long. It seems that Rebecca was also involved in the FBI in some way so is that how they met or did they meet earlier and decide to both join the FBI? How did they manage career vs personal life - since that doesn't seem to have been one of their issues.

~Heidi
Old 02-12-2019, 02:03 PM
Absolute Fan

I've always imagined Cabe and Rebecca married quite young. She was his first real love (and he was probably hers too) and because he's quite old-fashioned and I can't really see them living together "in sin" so they would have married as soon as possible.

In my head Amanda was a little older than 10 when she died, maybe 12 or 13, but she had been ill for some time.

I think Rebecca was as focused on her career as Cabe, so they didn't really argue over work/life balance (except perhaps after Amanda became very ill) and that may have also been the reason why they never had any more children?
Old 02-12-2019, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm sort of the opposite. I imagine Cabe was single while he was in the military, and married Rebecca after he left. I also suspect they met while they were both working for the FBI, but Rebecca left the Bureau when Amanda was born.

~Heidi
Old 02-13-2019, 02:47 PM
Absolute Fan

I can see that scenario for him too. Maybe his military career was his entire focus at that time and romance was the farthest thing from his mind until he left the Marines?

We know the only other person he ever said 'I love you' to before Allie was Rebecca, so I just imagine they met when they were young and then, when the marriage ended, he was just totally lost and barely looked twice at another woman because he'd never known anything other than being married to her.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If he was a Marine - and especially if he was in combat - being married can be really tough. A lot of Marines choose to not even consider that, so he may have avoided any entanglements until he was out.

~Heidi
Old 02-13-2019, 10:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't know if we ever found out exactly how old their daughter was, but I think she must have been at least 8 or 10 - which means he was married at least that long.
I agree they were married for quite a while and probably were when Amanda was born, but this does assume that of course they didn't have the kid before they were married, when that's far from a rule.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I agree they were married for quite a while and probably were when Amanda was born, but this does assume that of course they didn't have the kid before they were married, when that's far from a rule.
Certainly not a rule, but somehow I can't imagine Cabe having a child without being married to it's mother. Of course, Rebecca could have balked at marriage initially and waited until after Amanda was born. Just the same, I suspect they went the traditional route.

Which brings up another thing I would love to see - Cabe proposing. Would our tough guy Cabe be able to pull off a romantic moment, or would he be very practical - "I think we outta get married; whattya say?" Or would he attempt the romance, and make a complete mess of it?

~Heidi
Old 02-14-2019, 06:06 AM
Absolute Fan

Definitely not a rule, but like Heidi I think Cabe still holds old fashioned ideas about such things, at least he did 30+ years ago. Now I doubt he'd be as bothered, although he still has a traditional approach to relationships.

As for proposing to Allie, I can definitely see him pulling out all the stops and getting down-on-one-knee with a ring he spent weeks choosing. He'd do it in a private, but romantic spot, maybe during a weekend away in the country. I think he can be romantic when he puts his mind to it. He'd probably be nervous as heck, but he adores Allie so he'd push through it for her.
Old 02-14-2019, 04:29 PM
Fan Forum Hero

These days, with Allie, I think Cabe can be very romantic, although I agree he'd still be extremely nervous. I think a much younger Cabe - the one who proposed to Rebecca - probably wanted to be very romantic, but didn't have a lot of ideas on how to do that. I can see him doing something very impractical, like baking a ring in a cake or something.

~Heidi
Old 02-16-2019, 10:09 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
These days, with Allie, I think Cabe can be very romantic, although I agree he'd still be extremely nervous. I think a much younger Cabe - the one who proposed to Rebecca - probably wanted to be very romantic, but didn't have a lot of ideas on how to do that. I can see him doing something very impractical, like baking a ring in a cake or something.
Oh dear, yes he would have done something like that! Poor Cabe. I'm sure Rebecca wouldn't have minded too much, as long as he popped the question somehow!
Old 02-17-2019, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can definitely see Cabe being a bit smoother now. Popping the question on a romantic weekend getaway would definitely fill the bill.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread