Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2018, 01:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4.18 “Dork Day Afternoon” Air Date 05-Mar-2018

</scorpion> Episode 4.18 Dork Day Afternoon

Quote:
TEAM SCORPION INADVERTENTLY CRASHES A BANK ROBBERY IN PROGRESS AND IS TAKEN HOSTAGE, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, MARCH 5

“Dork Day Afternoon” – Team Scorpion inadvertently crashes a bank robbery in progress and is taken hostage. Also, Sylvester’s feelings for Florence grow, on SCORPION, Monday, March 5 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion’s mission? To help make BABY #QUINTIS! Yeah, they are WAY too involved in each other’s lives… @ScorpionCBS #CBS 3/5 10pm http://bit.ly/2EJAjjJ
Source

Promo, Sneak Peeks and Promo Photos

~Heidi
FoxPhile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, Heidi! Seems like a better storyline than last week. Hopefully the personal stuff will be less annoying too.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope the Sly/Florence stuff is more than just a tease.

~Heidi
Old 03-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
It looks like this week Sly and Florence will have scenes together and according to the sneak peaks they have been working together for 2 weeks on Sly's water filtration project
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I hope so toooooo.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The promos and sneak peeks look very promising - but I'm always leery when they look too good.

~Heidi
Old 03-05-2018, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
The promos and sneak peeks look very promising - but I'm always leery when they look too good.
Same though.

Old 03-06-2018, 11:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Great Episode!

Excellent episode! The case was interesting enough to let Scorpion be Scorpion, while providing Walt a life lesson. Fly could have been less shaky, but seemed a realistic start. The Waige moments were the best though! From the worries Paige expressed when Walt was in danger, the calling him genius in a not exactly complementary way, right through to the awesome ending!!
KatFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 03:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My absolute favorite moment was Walt giving up his working evening to spend time with Ralph fixing their whatchamacallit. That is the Walt we know and love.

~Heidi
Old 03-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
My absolute favorite moment was Walt giving up his working evening to spend time with Ralph fixing their whatchamacallit. That is the Walt we know and love.
Yes if he would only do the same for Paige I discuss this in the Waige thread
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 02:15 PM
New Fan

Episodes

“Dork Day Afternoon” was written by Paul Grellong and directed by Steven A. Adelson. Grellong co-wrote the beautiful season-one episode “Young Hearts Spark Fire.” Adelson directed one of my favorite season-three episodes, “Little Boy Lost,” as well as “Broken Wind.” The latter gave much focus to Paige and Happy. Season #04’s “Dork Day Afternoon” focused even more on differences between Walter and Toby. I’m referring to how they operate; meaning Paige and Happy compared to each other; Walter and Toby compared to each other.

This was good for character development. It was smart of Paige to have Happy hold a woman’s baby. Paige knew that was Happy need to do. Toby was wise in speaking out about Walt being selfish. It gave Walter the jolt he needed to realize it is a problem. And he ended that episode, unlike the previous one, being where he needed—with Paige and Ralph.

Some of the Season #04 episodes of Scorpion, for how satisfying they are, go back and forth.

There were number of odd-numbered episodes, in the first half of the season, which were better than even-numbered ones: No. 7 was “Go with the Flo(rence).” It was better than No. 8 “Faire or Foul.” No. 11 “Who Let the Dog Out (’Cause Now Its Stuck in a Cistern)” is, so far, my favorite episode from Season #04. It was better than the No. 12 It’s a Wonderful Life-inspired “A Christmas Car-Roll.”

Here in the second half of the season, and with 18 having aired from what will be a 22-episode Season #04, the even-numbered ones have been better than the odd-numbered ones. I loved the romantic and optimistic No. 14 “Lighthouse of the Rising Sun” much more than No. 13 “The Bunker Games.” No. 18 “Dork Day Afternoon” was much better than No. 17 “Dumbster Fire.”

The best of two consecutive episodes were No. 9 “It’s Raining Men (Of War)” and No. 10 “Crime Every Mountain”—both terrific performances by Robert Patrick, whose chances for an Emmy nomination feel remote even though his work, this season, is at that level.

The worst of two consecutive episodes were the depressing season-opener “Extinction” and the slightly better “More Extinction.” But, with my feeling that this set up of Florence having an impact on Walter could be connected to Mark Collins, having those first two episodes with those titles could bring us a season-finale “Annihilation.” (I want Florence not as a co-conspirator but as a pawn of Mark Collins. I like Tina Majorino. I like her performance. I want a Season #05. And I want the actress to be bumped to series regular, listed in the main cast credits, with a returning Season #05 for Scorpion.)

This just goes to show that all these episodes can’t leave us feeling they are satisfying. There are some one is not anxious to view again. And I think we’re good at recognizing this and appreciating a lot of good quality that is produced and we viewers experience.

Last edited by Candy83; 03-10-2018 at 08:49 AM
Candy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think there is an interesting parallel that Paige was helping Happy come to grips with her fears about motherhood, and Walter - without even knowing it - was helping Toby by his example. Toby told Walter how much his fathering of Ralph has helped him aspire to be as good; and in turn, Walter realized he needs to live up to the impression that Toby has. As a result, he reconsidered his plan to work and decided to spend time with Ralph instead.

~Heidi
Old 03-19-2018, 04:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another episodes looms
So this thread will de-top
I hope our posting booms
And the next ep isn't a flop

~Heidi
Old 09-19-2018, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Here is a deleted scene from this episode.
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 04:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks, Kim!

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread