Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2018, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

4.13 “The Bunker Games” Air Date 15-Jan-2018

</scorpion> Episode 4.13 The Bunker Games

Quote:
TEAM SCORPION MUST WORK WITH TOBY’S NEMESIS AND HIS WIFE, TOBY’S EX-FIANCEÉ, WHEN THEY ARE LOCKED INSIDE AN ARTIFICIALLY INTELLIGENT DOOMSDAY BUNKER THAT AIMS TO KILL THEM, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, JAN. 15

“The Bunker Games” – Team Scorpion must work with Toby’s nemesis, Quincy Berkstead (Jeff Galfer), and his wife, Amy (Shantal VanSanten), Toby’s ex-fiancée, when they are locked inside an artificially intelligent doomsday bunker that aims to kill them. Also, Walter is distracted by his recent dream where he is married to Florence, not Paige, on SCORPION, Monday, Jan. 15 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion, what do YOU think Walter’s dream about Flo (um, Florence please) means? @ScorpionCBS #CBS 1/15 10pm http://bit.ly/2z4eBmW
Source

Promo, Sneak Peeks and Promo Photos

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 08:25 AM
Absolute Fan

There was a lot packed into this episode.

First, wow, I really felt for Toby. I hope we get a pregnancy announcement soon, this is dragging on too long. And Quintis deserved a decent honeymoon!

I was hoping Amy would be a nice person and she was. I loved how insecure she was and I felt really sorry for her, she obviously married Quincy for all the wrong reasons.

The ending almost had me worried, I thought everyone was going to end up knowing about the dream apart from Paige, so I'm glad Walter just came out and told her. I love that he thought it wouldn't be an issue and it shouldn't be an issue, really, but I completely understand Paige's reaction!

I was disappointed that the Walteration One didn't play a bigger part in the plot - I wondered if somehow it would be used to beat the AI in the bunker, but I love that it was Sylvester who beat it in the end. In fact I really loved Sylvester in this episode!

I need to watch it again... and then I need to write something!
Old 01-16-2018, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very enjoyable episode.

I really felt bad for Toby, too. It's so odd seeing him whimpering like a defeated little puppy. It was SAD! I kept thinking that Happy was going to tell him that despite his issues on the honeymoon, she's actually preggers. But alas, the writers don't think like I do!

I loved Sly trying to beat the AI - but that "I'm a liar and I'm lying to you" conundrum is REALLY OLD. I mean, sheesh - they used that one on the original Star Trek. Of course, it's old because it really does work. It's a vicious circle with no exit.

I guess if Cabe is still around next week we can assume he passed his physical. I'm sort of bummed they didn't bring that one to closure and somehow I doubt we'll hear about it again.

Re: Walter telling Paige about the dream. I'm glad he did as well, because the keeping a secret from your partner story line is almost as old and tired as the love triangle - especially when it's something that really has no bearing on the relationship. I'm hoping that Paige's reaction was more of surprise than actual jealousy. I hope she's smarter than that.

~Heidi
Old 01-19-2018, 05:19 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I loved Sly trying to beat the AI - but that "I'm a liar and I'm lying to you" conundrum is REALLY OLD. I mean, sheesh - they used that one on the original Star Trek. Of course, it's old because it really does work. It's a vicious circle with no exit.
Yes they did! But it was good to see Sylvester being the one to beat it this time.
Also, I loved that we saw his anxiety manifesting itself and that he was able to overcome it (with Toby's help ) to save the day.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Bumping this off the top list, but keep talking about this great episode.

~Heidi
Old 01-21-2018, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ugh I was too tired to post my wall-0-text about this one and now I'm like eh it's a week later. (Clarification: I'm tired thinking about typing it up. )

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:30 AM
Absolute Fan

Opinion seems to be hugely divided over Amy. I expected not to like her, but actually she didn't actually do or say anything to make me dislike her. There are people out there who seem to hate her, but admit they have no valid reason for doing so. I am prepared to change my mind if we learn in future eps that she did anything to deliberately hurt Toby. It would be nice to find out more details about their relationship and her reasons for marrying Quincy, but I doubt we'll really get very much of that on screen so it will be left to speculation in fan fiction!
Old 01-22-2018, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't mind her, I think she deserves way better than Quincy, but like am I gonna be like "aw yessssss" every time she's in an episode? Nah.

Old 01-22-2018, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I certainly like Amy better than Quincy - although that's not saying much.

I can't say that I blame Amy for dumping Toby. He had a serious problem back then and if he hadn't turned himself around, that would have become a serious problem with anyone he was with. Happy knew that and she was on the verge of dumping him until he pledged to give up the gambling. I can't blame a person for wanting to get out of that situation before they get in too deep. It may seem mean to abandon a person who has a problem, but sometimes you really do have to protect yourself. It's unlikely she could do anything to really help him - except perhaps lend moral support - and she may even have realized that in some way she was enabling him.

Having said that, it seems that Amy got the raw end of that deal. Quincy is no prize.

~Heidi
Old 01-22-2018, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Very well said - I know I sound like a broken record talking about my sister's ex, but he had a big drinking problem, and after she left him (the drinking caused some of the other problems so she did partly leave him because of that) some of their mutual friends thought she should have stayed to try and "fix" him and asked her how she would feel if someone just ditched her because of problems. Now it was a lot more complicated than that, but so is Toby's story. It was clear that he wasn't going to stop gambling even with the relationship on the line, so Amy got out, and I can't fault her for that.

Old 01-24-2018, 08:59 AM
Absolute Fan

Totally agree, in fact I wrote my fic on that very basis! Amy must have put up with a lot from Toby, but she stuck by him long enough to get engaged when she could have just dumped him as soon as she realised he had so many problems. Instead she stayed with him to try to help. In the end it must have just become too much for her to take so she did what was best for her and ended the relationship. Marrying Quincy is harder to understand, but I tried to make some sense of it in my story.
Old 01-24-2018, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
Totally agree, in fact I wrote my fic on that very basis! Amy must have put up with a lot from Toby, but she stuck by him long enough to get engaged when she could have just dumped him as soon as she realised he had so many problems. Instead she stayed with him to try to help. In the end it must have just become too much for her to take so she did what was best for her and ended the relationship. Marrying Quincy is harder to understand, but I tried to make some sense of it in my story.
From what we saw in the episode, unlike Toby, who wasn't able to hide his gambling issues, Quincy hides a lot of his true character. It's obvious even Amy was shocked when he hid from the gas in the sealed area and had no intention of letting the others in because of the limited air supply. Amy apparently didn't really know him when she married him - and she's only now just learning who he really is.

~Heidi
Old 01-24-2018, 10:18 AM
Absolute Fan

Have you been secretly reading my fic, Heidi?
Old 01-24-2018, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone139 (View Post)
Have you been secretly reading my fic, Heidi?
Uh - no. I want to, very much. But I'm so swamped with work I get very little chance. I rarely secretly read though - I'm a dedicated reviewer. *When* I get more time to read - you'll get reviews.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread