Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2017, 04:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4.10 “Crime Every Mountain” Air Date 27-Nov-2017

</scorpion> Episode 4.10 Crime Every Mountain

Quote:
AS CABE’S TRIAL LOOMS OVER TEAM SCORPION, A SIMPLE CASE GOES SIDEWAYS WHEN THEY HELP A FATHER AND HIS DAUGHTER WHOSE PLANE CRASHES NEARBY, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, NOV. 27

“Crime Every Mountain” – As Cabe’s trial looms over Team Scorpion, a simple case goes sideways when they help a father and his daughter whose plane crashes nearby. Also, Paige helps Walter navigate his feelings about Cabe’s possible future in prison, on SCORPION, Monday, Nov. 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion has a lead on Mark Collins! Could this be the break Cabe has been looking for? @ScorpionCBS #CBS 11/27 10pm http://bit.ly/2A5vpLW
Source

Promo, Sneak Peeks and Promo Photos

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, Heidi!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 06:54 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks Heidi!

I just rewatched the first sneak peek, and man, the writers are getting somewhat creative with insults. Especially the one Cabe yells at Toby towards the end. I even cringed.
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Toby referencing Atticus Finch had me howling.

Old 11-28-2017, 05:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Dear Cabe, Please stop making me cry!

Yet again Cabe was the highlight of the week. I loved the team working together to get themselves out of danger and it was refreshing for them not to have their comms for a change. I loved Toby being all action hero this week (and some medical stuff too - "I'm a doctor!" )

How dare Collins set Cabe up like that! I'm really hoping for a creative 'genius' solution to this now. I really love how Sylvester has grown in this storyline though. It wasn't just Cabe's words at the end that came from the heart, it was Sly's too.

I loved Paige coaxing Walter into admitting his true feelings about Cabe's situation, it really reminded me of how he was when Megan was dying. In fact, I would have loved to have seen him mention her when Paige was asking about losing friends. That was a missed opportunity.

This Qunitis sub plot was cute (that kiss! ), but I'm starting to get frustrated with the lack of progress in the pregnancy storyline, I don't want them to have too much difficulty conceiving, they don't deserve that.
Old 11-28-2017, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved the Quintis duet on "Meat Tube"

The Waige talk under the rock slide was amazing. Walter's reaction to the possibility of losing Cabe seems very realistic. While he's becoming more comfortable with the nicer emotions, he still obviously has serious trouble processing hard emotions. That's understandable - no one does that really well, they just do the best they can. For Walter, his best is still to rely on facts and be as realistic as he can be. Unfortunately, he takes it so far that he's writing off Cabe before the trial even starts. Paige does a really good job of gently reining that in. She stresses the reality that love often equals pain, but also that pushing someone you love away doesn't avoid that pain - it will only make it worse.

Happy in this episode reminds me a lot of Happy in Little Boy Lost from S3. She's excessively concerned about how she and Toby will do as parents and questioning how fit they are even just contribute their genes as well as raising their kids. I wonder if she's already pregnant - or suspects she is - and hasn't said anything yet. Given their previous experience, she may want to wait until a blood test can confirm it before saying anything, even to Toby.

Cabe was astounding. I'm not all that sure that Sly's idea of a bench trial is really all that good. Judges still require evidence to reach a verdict.

~Heidi
Old 11-28-2017, 04:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Love the episode Waige was great Quintis was great Cabe and Sly were great just one question for everybody Who else besides me is getting the Walter O'Brien center cut meat tube for Christmas LOL
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:10 PM
Loyal Fan

I really enjoyed this episode. Definitely my favorite so far in season 4.

All of the Quintis scenes were wonderful, especially their conversation at the end of the episode. I just love how comfortable Happy has become opening up to Toby when something is bothering her.

Cabe’s outburst at the end of the episode was heartbreaking. Robert Patrick continues to do an amazing job with this storyline.

Walter distancing himself from Cabe seemed like a very realistic reaction and Paige’s talk with him about it was really well done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Happy in this episode reminds me a lot of Happy in Little Boy Lost from S3. She's excessively concerned about how she and Toby will do as parents and questioning how fit they are even just contribute their genes as well as raising their kids. I wonder if she's already pregnant - or suspects she is - and hasn't said anything yet. Given their previous experience, she may want to wait until a blood test can confirm it before saying anything, even to Toby.
This is a really interesting theory. I hadn’t thought of that, but it would definitely fit her behavior in this episode.
Old 11-29-2017, 10:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Cabe was astounding. I'm not all that sure that Sly's idea of a bench trial is really all that good. Judges still require evidence to reach a verdict.
So I actually really like the bench trial idea and this is why.

In the spring of 2007 a woman was murdured a few miles from my folks' home. Her husband was ultimately convicted of her murder, but only in the second degree. That caused a huge uproar. Later it was discovered that some jurors didn't understand that the amount of time it took her to die (it was forensically determined that he had to be actively strangling her for x many minutes) should have made them find him guilty of premeditation. But since they weren't familiar with the law and the science behind it, they refused to go for first degree murder and so the jury had to compromise with second.

This situation with Cabe is super complicated and a jury may not be able to comprehend all the arguments Sylvester will make, whereas a judge is not going to be ignorant of the laws. So bench trials are definitely risky but I think in this case it's actually a good idea.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:12 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
So I actually really like the bench trial idea and this is why.

In the spring of 2007 a woman was murdured a few miles from my folks' home. Her husband was ultimately convicted of her murder, but only in the second degree. That caused a huge uproar. Later it was discovered that some jurors didn't understand that the amount of time it took her to die (it was forensically determined that he had to be actively strangling her for x many minutes) should have made them find him guilty of premeditation. But since they weren't familiar with the law and the science behind it, they refused to go for first degree murder and so the jury had to compromise with second.

This situation with Cabe is super complicated and a jury may not be able to comprehend all the arguments Sylvester will make, whereas a judge is not going to be ignorant of the laws. So bench trials are definitely risky but I think in this case it's actually a good idea.
It's a tricky one. I've never heard of the concept of a no-jury trial before. I assumed we didn't have them in the UK, but apparently it is possible, but only happens occasionally in very specific circumstances. The jury system is the the very basis of our legal system and the idea of doing without feels fundamentally wrong, but you could argue that many cases are too complex for the average juror to have any hope of understanding all the technicalities anyway so I can see why dispensing with the jury could avoid miscarriages of justice. I just hope Sylvester does whatever it takes to stop Cabe going to prison!
Old 11-29-2017, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One other good thing about a bench trial is it is less formal than a jury trial, so that will work to Sylvester's benefit as he has no actual court experience.

Old 11-29-2017, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

There are advantages to a bench trial, and avoiding the relative ignorance of typical juries is definitely one of them. I don't mean that to sound pejorative. The average person is not going to have technical knowledge in any given field AND they typically don't want to be on a jury - they aren't motivates. So if your defense requires very technical knowledge or understanding, a judge may put forth the extra effort needed to understand.

It might be to Sly's advantage to present his case to a judge rather than a jury, unless his inexperience comes out too much. A judge may be somewhat tolerant of an untried lawyer. But a judge may also decide that Sly should have realized he wasn't experienced enough. You would think that judges would not hold the failings of the lawyer against the defendant - but they sometimes do exactly that, especially if the lawyer is personally hired by the defendant and not a public defender. The judge may figure that Cabe should have gotten himself a more experienced lawyer.

~Heidi
Old 11-30-2017, 09:12 AM
Absolute Fan

I suppose I'm really hoping that it doesn't even get as far as the trial and instead the team track down Collins and make him confess. However, considering how he used CLAM against them, it looks like Collins is going to outsmart them all the way.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like even though the trial is soon, they'll be chasing Collins all season.

Old 11-30-2017, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I feel like even though the trial is soon, they'll be chasing Collins all season.
Ugh. That makes me ill.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread