Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2017, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

4.04 “Nuke Kids on the Block” Air Date 16-Oct-2017

</scorpion> Episode 4.04 Nuke Kids on the Block

Quote:
WHILE DECOMMISSIONING AN OLD NUCLEAR MISSILE, A SIMPLE ACCIDENT CAUSES TEAM SCORPION TO ENDURE EXPOSURE TO TOXIC VAPOR WHILE TRYING TO PREVENT THE NUKE FROM DETONATING, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, OCT. 16

“Nuke Kids on the Block” – While decommissioning an old nuclear missile, a simple accident causes Team Scorpion to endure exposure to toxic vapor while trying to prevent the nuke from detonating. Also, Paige confronts Happy about constantly tagging along with her and Walter, on SCORPION, Monday, Oct. 16 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion, Happy’s NOT HAPPY! And u know that’s “NOT GOOD!” @ScorpionCBS #CBS 10/16 10pm http://bit.ly/2wQtObS
Source

Promo, Sneak Peeks and Promo Photos

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 02:26 PM
Absolute Fan

I'm not as excited about this one as I was for last week's episode, not based on the sneak peeks. If anything I'm slightly worried! I hope there is a reasonable explanation for Happy's behaviour and it doesn't cause any real problems for Waige. The case looks exciting though.

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow (I don't often work on Tuesdays) so that will delay my opportunity to watch the episode! I'll have to avoid the forum for even longer than I usually do.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Honestly maybe I should be concerned that this will cause an issue for Waige, but...I'm surprisingly not. I feel that this is going to be something that isn't as big of a deal as they're making it out to be and the episode will end on a good note.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I won't be surprised if that Paige jealousy thing winds up being much ado about nothing. They do love to put the most melodramatic stuff in the sneak peeks.

~Heidi
Old 10-16-2017, 04:25 PM
Loyal Fan

I'm more concerned about it being something that is out of character for Happy. The writers did a lot of damage to her character in the first half of season 3, in my opinion, so I'm just hoping this won't be more of that.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:32 PM
Absolute Fan

Well I was happy with Happy. That's a relief! Although it did seem to come from nowhere, which was slightly weird, I thought it was totally in character for her to be behaving that way, she was doing research to make absolutely certain that she really wanted a family. I also loved that Toby wasn't in the least bit jealous or worried about what she was doing.

Other highlights for me were Sylvester being generally amazing (he's going to be a fabulous lawyer) and Cabe actually knowing about the neon lights (because I don't like it when he's portrayed as an old fool, which he obviously isn't!) I also loved how Walter was so very Walter-ish in this episode. He was back to the old Walter we love.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the way the Happy story turned out. I can definitely see her reverting a little - the whole "humans are awful" thing - when she's dealing with something so momentous. I wonder how much Walter knew about this. He kept warning Paige to back off, and I can't figure out if that was just generally good advice to give anyone who's going after Happy or did she confide in him about this?

Toby is such a sweetheart. Considering he's not without his own insecurities where Happy is concerned - he definitely believes she's way out of his league - it's wonderful that he didn't feel any jealousy about the time she spent away.

~Heidi
Old 10-17-2017, 11:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I really loved the final Quintis scene and am so glad that her strange behavior was about her wanting to start a family. I can’t wait to see Happy and Toby as parents. I did, however, have some issues with this episode.

1. I didn’t really get the line about Paige being responsible for Happy feeling things. I just don’t see it. It seems to me that Toby and Patrick played much bigger roles in her emotional development than Paige.

2. Paige is supposed to be their EQ expert, but she didn’t take the time to figure out what was going on with Happy. If my friend was suddenly hanging out with my boyfriend and me instead of her new husband, I’d be concerned about her, not angry. I don’t really enjoy this side of Paige.

3. Sly acting as Cabe’s lawyer is cute but completely unrealistic. I was curious if passing the bar in Vermont is as simple as they implied, so I googled it. FYI, it’s not. It’s true that you don’t need to graduate from law school, but you do have to complete a 4 year “law office study program” under a Vermont bar member instead.

4. I’m a little tired of these cases where they spend the whole episode fixing problems that they created. There is no way anyone would still be interested in hiring this team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I wonder how much Walter knew about this. He kept warning Paige to back off, and I can't figure out if that was just generally good advice to give anyone who's going after Happy or did she confide in him about this?
I don’t think Walter had any idea what was going on with Happy. I think he just knew that if Paige talked to Happy, he would have to go on a date alone with her and that scared him.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree that Toby is more relevant to Paige's EQ development than Paige, but I didn't really see that as off or weird. In the end of S1 Happy was also extremely angry at Paige for making emotionally related changes to the team (Walter specifically but ripple effect), so it does make sense to me that she would revert back to that given her needing to project her feelings of guilt + being currently annoyed at Paige for her not liking the third wheeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
I don’t think Walter had any idea what was going on with Happy. I think he just knew that if Paige talked to Happy, he would have to go on a date alone with her and that scared him.
I agree. I think because of him being nervous, when Happy started tagging along he was like "oh okay this works great." Happy didn't even really know why she wanted to spend so much time with them, so it's not like Walter was going to figure it out (and since she didn't know, she couldn't tell him).

Old 10-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I think because of him being nervous, when Happy started tagging along he was like "oh okay this works great." Happy didn't even really know why she wanted to spend so much time with them, so it's not like Walter was going to figure it out (and since she didn't know, she couldn't tell him).
That's exactly how I saw it as well. Although, now that I think about it, if Ralph was along on all of these dates - which presumably he was or else Happy would have had no interest in tagging along - then Walter wouldn't have been alone with Paige anyway.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
That's exactly how I saw it as well. Although, now that I think about it, if Ralph was along on all of these dates - which presumably he was or else Happy would have had no interest in tagging along - then Walter wouldn't have been alone with Paige anyway.
True - though I get the impression that Ralph wasn't there for all of them. It didn't sound like that Drive-In thing was something Ralph was going to, and when Paige said she watched a movie with them after everyone else had left, that sounded like a "Ralph is with the sitter" situation too. So maybe at first it was stuff just with Ralph, then Happy just started hanging out with them even when Ralph wasn't there because it had become habitual and she didn't fully realize that the Waige + Ralph family was what was drawing her to hang out with Waige.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:47 PM
Absolute Fan

It made far more sense that Happy would be tagging along on family days out, rather than playing gooseberry on their dates which would have been weird. I also think it made sense that she would blame Paige for her newly discovered emotions, even though of course it was unfair to actually blame her in that way. Happy just needs to learn how to deal with her feelings, especially if she's going to become a mother.

The idea that Sylvester can become a fully qualified lawyer in the space of a few days (or hours!) is ridiculous, but I'm willing to gloss over it if it means Sly can help Cabe win his case and things can go back to normal.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would not be surprised if most of Waige's dates have involved Ralph. I get the impression that Walter doesn't understand a lot about what a date is supposed to be. Paige may not want to push the issue. So their dates may have been mostly about family outings like science museums or evenings at home watching old movies. Both of those, Ralph would be there - although on the movie evenings he may have gone to bed, leaving Walter and Paige alone with Happy. Even the drive-in may have included Ralph. Drive-Ins are an endangered species and Paige may have wanted to include Ralph so that he could have the experience while it's still possible.

~Heidi
Old 10-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really enjoyed Sly in this episode (despite the fact, as you all have mentioned, that taking a bar exam two days after you decide to do so is completely unfeasible), and to think how much he's grown as a character/person!

I like that Patty is making more of an appearance for the sake of having another young person around.

They've been building up to quintis having a baby, obviously, and I wasn't really surprised that Happy was so direct in saying she wants a kid, but I don't think I was expecting her to say that in that way.
sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm actually really glad that Happy was direct about it. I really thought they were going to have Toby be the first to bring it up, but given their respective personalities, it's more interesting having Happy do it - and I think Toby was genuinely surprised. I don't think he was surprised that she was thinking about it. I think he knew that at the end of Grow a Deer. But I think he was a little stunned that she came right out and said it.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread