Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2017, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The one thing I dislike more about it is the situation Cabe is in now. I didn't think anything could make me dislike Collins more than his kidnapping of Toby - but fooling Cabe like that - and getting him arrested - that just makes me

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Absolute Fan

Loved this episode! I am very satisfied with the way they brought everything together and answered all those questions we had after last week. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing how they deal with Collins being on the run now. Not over the moon about what they're putting Cabe through, but I'm sure it'll work out eventually - I just hope they don't drag out that particular storyline for too long because it will presumably break up the team. I really loved all the Quintis moments, especially when Happy was about to go and hijack the helicopter and Toby told her to be careful - that was so sweet. And Waige are going to be fine!
Old 10-03-2017, 04:42 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
The one thing I dislike more about it is the situation Cabe is in now. I didn't think anything could make me dislike Collins more than his kidnapping of Toby - but fooling Cabe like that - and getting him arrested - that just makes me
Maybe he will not be back because he got eaten by a Polar Bear a guy can dream
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie (View Post)
Maybe he will not be back because he got eaten by a Polar Bear a guy can dream
I like the way you think.

~Heidi
Old 10-03-2017, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Ugh I know. I can't even decide if I'm actually angry or just over it.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 01:11 AM
Absolute Fan

Second viewing... It was so well written, very clever with all the plot threads coming together, but the thing with Cabe just feels unnecessary. There's enough conflict now with Collins on the run and the uneasiness that the team will all feel knowing he could turn up at any moment with a new plan to bring down Scorpion. Having Cabe in that situation is a step too far. Up until that point we were still unsure about Collins - was he really a reformed character? Then by the time he supposedly hurt his ankle it became so obvious that he was still bad and deceiving everyone that it was silly that Cabe, an experience government agent, could not see through him. I know they had the added distraction of saving the world, but even so, you'd think Cabe would at least have tried to find another solution rather than being so quick to remove the ankle bracelet. Also, any reasonable person would realise the difficult situation he was in and that Collins is a master of deception so could not really blame Cabe for what happened, but apparently his new boss is totally unreasonable, which doesn't seem appropriate for someone in his position. I really hope this is resolved in a couple of episodes at the most and Cabe is back on the team soon!
Old 10-04-2017, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

You have a good point about Cabe. It does seem that he would be more cautious when dealing with someone that he knows is so devious. No matter how much he might want to avoid causing Collins undue pain, I really can't see him just taking that ankle thing off.

~Heidi
Old 10-04-2017, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the writers were counting on us accepting that it's something Walter would do and Walter suggested it. But Walter didn't forcibly make Cabe remove the ankle cuff, so it doesn't really work.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I think the writers were counting on us accepting that it's something Walter would do and Walter suggested it. But Walter didn't forcibly make Cabe remove the ankle cuff, so it doesn't really work.
You think a federal agent would have handcuffs or some other way to restrain Collins then remove the ankle cuff. The writers want Collins to come back during sweeps to cause more trouble for Scorpion
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie (View Post)
You think a federal agent would have handcuffs or some other way to restrain Collins then remove the ankle cuff. The writers want Collins to come back during sweeps to cause more trouble for Scorpion
It's obvious they want to bring Collins back for another episode and they did a lot of stretching belief to ensure they could do that.

~Heidi
Old 10-06-2017, 02:01 AM
Absolute Fan

It was clever up until that point. Collins left us all guessing, we just weren't sure if he had a plan or not. It would have been nice to see an equally clever twist at the end enabling him to escape, rather than making a fool of Cabe.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Up until the point that Collins got "hurt", there was still a lot of question - was he really reformed or did he have some sort of scheme in mind. The thing that gets me as well is that is such a mundane plan. Collins is usually much more devious and complex than a fake injury. Although that could explain why Cabe fell for it - he was expecting something very crafty and unique.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread