Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2016, 10:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally actually managed to watch the whole thing! My thoughts.

I love Halloween, I love bats, I love caves, I love spelunking, so pretty much this entire thing was like, a big fun 'this is my kind of scary' episode. I loved the bats and the lights and the rock formations like TOTALLY EATING IT ALL UP.

Ralph. This is my favorite version of Ralph. Ever.

I'm equally pleased that we have Paige backstory as I am pleased that it's the exact kind of backstory I've headcanoned for her since late S1.

Walter's emotional maturity is on the fast track and I am pleased as punch.

Toby made a rocking chair. WHEN. AND HOW WITHOUT HER KNOWING? I don't even care it's perfect.

Sylvester is the real MVP all the time.

Happy is totally gonna be a great mom. That quote from Fringe comes to mind that's like "all you have to do is love them and the rest will fall into place."

Those light and dark costumes that Walter and Happy wore at the end? THAT IS ACTUALLY SUCH A COOL COUPLE'S COSTUME LIKE????

I question my asexuality every time Paige wears glasses. *fans self*

I knew Immigration Lady was gonna find something but I thought it'd be the huge rack of costumes.

Overall, definitely in the top three (so top...half, lol) of the season so far, but I do have a tad bit of trouble with the rabies stuff, once you're that far gone and it's affecting your brain, it's kinda...like...like you're dead. Serum doesn't help.

But whatever I've given up on the show being accurate in that respect and it's always fun to see Toby being all badass doctor so I'll let it go.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 06:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

My one question is: is boot common usage in other parts of the country? Because I had never in my life heard it used that way for throwing up before this episode.
sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheisagenius (View Post)
My one question is: is boot common usage in other parts of the country? Because I had never in my life heard it used that way for throwing up before this episode.
I had never heard that either, but it certainly changes my understanding of "boot and rally" - because I always thought that had something to do with literal boots - like the kind that go on your feet (and not because you missed the toilet ).

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I had never heard that either, but it certainly changes my understanding of "boot and rally" - because I always thought that had something to do with literal boots - like the kind that go on your feet (and not because you missed the toilet ).
Ha no boot and rally is when you're super drunk, you puke and jump up and go back to drinking, basically.

Old 11-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, go Ralph! Although I hope after he booted he didn't go back to eating more candy.

~Heidi
Old 11-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Loyal Fan

It looked to me like Paige gave him another piece as a reward for thanking Happy.
Old 11-03-2016, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
It looked to me like Paige gave him another piece as a reward for thanking Happy.
Well, she's once again the one who will have to deal with him if he gets another sugar rush so I suppose it's her problem if she did.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

They just showed this episode as a rerun. I love it. But one thing I don't understand. In the beginning Toby tells Walter that Paige is lying about her family Halloween. He's bound to have known Walter would ask Paige. And then Walter helps Paige with that sweet speech about how special she was to her dad. But Toby tells him he should leave that to Tim.

Why tell Walter in the first place if he shouldn't talk to Paige? Toby knows that Walter is not able to leave it alone. If there is a problem, he is compelled to solve it. That's just one of those things that got me about this season.
Old 04-26-2017, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's one thing I can't let go from this season, because I've done similar things for people who I barely know (what Walter said at the end), and a lot of those people were in relationships, hell, some of them had their S/Os with them at the time. To say that he shouldn't have done that because "that's Tim's job" sits really wrong with me. When you're in a romantic relationship, that shouldn't be the only significant relationship you have (like that'd be super unhealthy). That'd be like saying that Paige's speech to Toby about how he was going to be a great parent was inappropriate because "it's Happy's job to make him feel good." It just didn't make sense to me and didn't fit with Toby's character at all so rather than be annoyed with him I've just sort of assumed the writers wanted to add even more drama to the love triangle situation and so threw that line in.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still honestly wonder if Toby has been playing some weird reverse psychology thing on Walter all this time. SO MUCH of what he's said to Walter makes NO sense and is totally OOC for Toby and demonstrates zero insight into Walter's psyche.

~Heidi
Old 04-26-2017, 03:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I still honestly wonder if Toby has been playing some weird reverse psychology thing on Walter all this time. SO MUCH of what he's said to Walter makes NO sense and is totally OOC for Toby and demonstrates zero insight into Walter's psyche.
I'm on two new medications so maybe that's why but Imma need you to explain to what end he'd do that because I don't get it.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I actually thought the same thing. Lol. But can't make the idea work because it makes no sense. Cabe was even telling Walter similar stuff.

So maybe if you make Walter think he's completely wrong and not good enough, he will have an emotional break through
Old 04-26-2017, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I'm on two new medications so maybe that's why but Imma need you to explain to what end he'd do that because I don't get it.
Right up until the very end of S2 - like the LAST SECONDS - Toby was totally Team Paige. Then Walter came back from Tahoe and he totally didn't do what he set out to do. Poor Toby thought at the end of 2.24 that he'd made a real breakthrough with his friend, only to find out that Walter basically chickened out. I have no idea how much detail Toby knows about what happened in Tahoe - but he for sure knows that Paige is still with Tim and Walter is still in a funk. So he figures that all the cajoling and encouraging he's been giving to Walter to get him to go after Paige has not worked. Time for a different tactic. When direct methods do not work - you try something that makes no sense at all.

And Toby somehow convinced Cabe to go along with this insanity.

I am totally grasping at straws for this "explanation" because this Toby is just not the Toby I recognize - but in so many other ways in S3, he totally was.

~Heidi
Old 04-27-2017, 05:34 AM
Elite Fan

He's so not Toby. That's what I couldn't grasp either, this complete change from Team Paige. So Walter messed up, that means he shouldn't even speak to her? Ever? Even though she's his employee. Talk about a hostile work environment!!!

But yeah, I did think that Toby was doing some kind of psychological thing that shall be revealed shortly. Haha. It's also odd that when Tim left, Toby stopped telling Walt to leave her alone. I don't know I just can't make sense of that. I'm sure the writers were trying to add drama but messing not only with Walter, but Cabe and Toby, really got to me.