Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2017, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3.20 “Broken Wind” Air Date 20-Mar-2017

</scorpion> Episode 3.20 Broken Wind

Quote:
WHILE ON A MISSION TO REPAIR A TURBINE AT A WIND FARM, TEAM SCORPION MUST RACE TO SAVE PAIGE AND HAPPY BEFORE THE GONDOLA THEY ARE IN PLUMMETS TO THE GROUND, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, MARCH 20

“Broken Wind” – While on a mission to repair a turbine at a wind farm, Team Scorpion must race to save Paige and Happy before the cable holding the gondola they are in snaps and sends them plummeting to the ground, on SCORPION, Monday, March 20 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion must save Paige & Happy B4 they plummet to their death! #Waige #Quintis @ScorpionCBS 3/20 10-11pm #CBS http://bit.ly/2mf8q9l
Source

Promo, Sneak Peeks and Promo Photos

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:14 AM
Loyal Fan

I understand Happy's need for quiet, but I feel sorry for Paige because she has no outlet for her current anxiety.
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 12:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Definitely a difficult situation, especially since the stress involved makes them both really need their own comfort zone.

~Heidi
Old 03-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'll just link to the post I made on Tumblr about this, because it is a really tricky situation, especially in a context this extreme.

I am excited for this ep, though, especially since we're having a two week hiatus after this.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:51 PM
Loyal Fan

Another hiatus? -___-

Siiiigh. I guess that gives me a chance to catch up on some WIP Fanfics, lmao.

I am also curious how Toby and Walter are going to handle this situation because while they have to figure out how to save Happy and Paige, they're also emotionally invested, and that could really impact their decision making skills. It might be up to Sly and Cabe to save the day, haha.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The emotional quotient on this episode was great. I loved the interaction between Paige and Happy. It was tense and sometimes hurtful, but I think it's something they needed to air - get their preconceptions about each other out of the way so they can really become friends -ish.

I'm actually surprised that Toby and Walter were able to remain as focused as they did. I know Toby uses tasteless jokes (headless bride?) sometimes to diffuse his own anxiety. But even with that, I sort of expected something more emotional from him. Walter is always a bit harder to predict in these situations. We know he *can* get emotional - especially when Paige is in danger. But in some ways with this one, it felt almost as if he was working to save total strangers - not the love of his life and one of his best friends. Of course, it's possible that he was just really focused and compartmentalizing.

~Heidi
Old 03-21-2017, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I was really proud of the guys. We have seen both of them get more emotional than this when their ladies are in danger, but in those cases they were in much closer proximity to Happy (2.12) and Paige (2.20 and 2.23) or when they were far apart but there was no visual or audio (Happy in 2.13). In this case, the guys were in visual contact with the gondola and cons were working, but they were much farther away from the danger and so getting panicked and rushing to their sides wasn't an option - though we did see both of them do that once they were close enough again.

Old 03-21-2017, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They did really well.

I also liked the Cabe/Sly stuff. When that gun dealer got down on his knees I thought I would bust - but I was too busy yelling "Get up and give them the dang gun!" I'm glad Cabe decided to do the cape thing after all. Now we know he really will do anything for his kids.

~Heidi
Old 03-22-2017, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was iffy on the lesson Cabe got - the implication you always have to just do what your friend wants you to do. That's more of a parent obligain than a friend. And since Cabe IS their parent, it'd have been better to me if it'd been a "you do weird stuff for your kids" type thing.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes. How many parents have dressed up in things a lot weirder than a cape for their kids? But for friends, there should be more ability to say no without risking hurt feelings.

One of Sly's emotional quirks, though, is that he often reacts like a child - he gets super excited about things, but also his feelings are easily hurt - especially if he feels he's being left out of something or if someone is essentially making fun of him. He's an adult, so on a certain level, he should be learning to curb those emotional extremes. But unlike Walter, he hasn't had anyone working quite so personally with him on his quirks.

~Heidi
Old 03-22-2017, 07:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I found it interesting that Cabe didn't pick up on Sylvester's sad response after turning down the cape, and that Happy was the one to point it out. I mean, I guess it was a way to show how Happy has grown as a person to recognize Sly's hurt feelings, but I don't know. I feel like Cabe would have known his rejection would have lowered Sly's spirits.
Old 03-22-2017, 07:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One of Cabe's flaws has always been his image - he thinks he'll look weak if Allie sees him in reading glasses. He talks about how "real" haircuts are done in BARBERSHOPS and NOT salons. He probably saw that cape and not only wasn't interested in the premise, but thought "there is no way in Hell I'm gonna wear that." So that overrode his ability to see how disappointed Sly was.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Hmm. Maybe. That makes sense.

ANYHOO...

I have to wonder how long Walter's been practiving that "hands" speech inside his head before bringing it up, lmao. I doubt it was completely spontaneous.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Of all the closing arguments I could have come up with for Walter...I would not have come up with that one.

Old 03-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Loyal Fan

I kept wanting him to do jazz hands in front of Toby, haha, and I really loved how he presented his hands in a very feminine way, how he had his fingers flexed, smoothing one hand over the other, lol. Those hands would be very good to Paige someday.
Reply   Post New Thread