Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2017, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3.16 “Keep it in Check, Mate” Air Date 13-Feb-2017

</scorpion> Episode 3.16 Keep it in Check, Mate

Quote:
WALTER AND SYLVESTER GO UNDERCOVER AT AN INTERNATIONAL CHESS COMPETITION ON FOREIGN SOIL TO EXTRICATE A U.S. SPY BEFORE HER IDENTITY IS EXPOSED, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, FEB. 13

“Keep it in Check, Mate” – Walter and Sylvester enter an international chess competition under cover on foreign soil for Team Scorpion in order to extricate a U.S. spy before her identity is exposed, on SCORPION, Monday, Feb. 13 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion, watch out 4 flying pawns! Walter & Sly go head2head playing CHESS! @ScorpionCBS 2/13 10-11pm #CBS CBS Press Express | WALTER AND SYLVESTER GO UNDERCOVER AT AN INTERNATIONAL CHESS COMPETITION ON FOREIGN SOIL TO EXTRICATE A U.S. SPY BEFORE HER IDENTITY IS EXPOSED, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, FEB. 13
Source

Promo, Sneak Peeks and Promo Photos

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, Heidi!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Happy Episode Day!

~Heidi
Old 02-13-2017, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hope it's a good one! (Honestly all I'm really hoping for is a nice Quintis Valentine's Day moment and NOT having to watch Paige gush over whatever Tim did for her - Heidi, the things Webb sent to Mac when he was away are coming to mind and I'm gagging - but I probably can't hope for both my wishes to come true.)

Old 02-13-2017, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Hope it's a good one! (Honestly all I'm really hoping for is a nice Quintis Valentine's Day moment and NOT having to watch Paige gush over whatever Tim did for her - Heidi, the things Webb sent to Mac when he was away are coming to mind and I'm gagging - but I probably can't hope for both my wishes to come true.)
Ugh. I'm sick. I don't need to get sicker.

I wasn't even thinking about Valentine's Day. A nice V Day moment for Quintis would be lovely. I would really love for Happy to surprise Toby by doing something. Nothing traditionally romantic - because that's just not her. But something to acknowledge the day.

~Heidi
Old 02-13-2017, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We just spent how long talking about getting our collab up near Valentine's Day and you didn't think about that?

Yeah, I'd love for Happy to initiate something, not overly sappy because that's more in Toby's wheelhouse (not a bad thing at all) but something meaningful and better than that Christmas present.

Old 02-13-2017, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

The case was entertaining, and it was a nice break from the overly crazy things Team Scorpion seems to save the world from, and I like how this case seemed a lot more realistic than ones they've encountered in the past. That was good! Not a lot of suspension of disbelief needed! X'D

I also loved the ending how Paige practically grabbed Ralph's hand and rushed out the door, excited to teach her son how to dance. I wish we could have seen that moment, but I guess beggars can't be choosers, lmao.

This was a pretty solid episode, and I'm so so so so glad Tim wasn't even mentioned! YAY!
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh my god Happy destroyed me. It always really gets to me when the stoic characters really break down, so 2.12 has always been a big one for me, and now 3.16, too. And the grief stricken sound she was making, that physically hurt my heart.

I too wish we could have seen more of Paige and Ralph, but I liked how she lit up when he asked for help.

And I too was pleased at no mention of Tim.

Old 02-14-2017, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Watching Happy go through this whole story line was so difficult. Seeing her break down, and seeing Cabe struggle, knowing that the only option he has is not only to hurt her, but to deceive her as well - I cannot even imagine the pain that sort of thing must cause.

It was amazing watching Jadyn's portrayal. It's hard to call such episodes "favorites", but they are undeniably pinnacles of the craft for the actors involved, and that makes them worth watching, and watching again.

The case itself was enjoyable and fun - even with Walter and Sly's feud. Any episode that has a sequence that reminds me a bit of my old Mouse Trap game is fun. I loved the chase, and also Walter's breakdown of the gambit that allowed them to get safely out of the country.

I do wonder, though, what the fallout of Patrick's incarceration will be. I cannot imagine they threw that in there without the idea that it would lead to some additional crisis down the road. But of course, all we can do is wait and see (and speculate!)

~Heidi
Old 02-15-2017, 12:00 AM
Loyal Fan

I loved this episode. It was heartbreaking, but I still loved it. The case itself was a lot fun and the scenes with Ralph were really sweet, which helped balance out the heavier Happy/Patrick/Cabe storyline.

I really felt for all three characters. Patrick and Cabe both had to do what was best for Happy in the long run, even though they knew it would break her heart. Happy fought like crazy to stop it, but was still forced to relive the childhood trauma of watching her father walk away. At least this time she has Toby and Cabe to help her through it and hopefully she'll also be able to remain in touch with her dad so she has some reassurance that he's not out of her life permanently. Fingers crossed that it plays out on-screen because the Happy/Patrick relationship continues to be one of my favorite parts of Scorpion.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Watching Happy go through this whole story line was so difficult. Seeing her break down, and seeing Cabe struggle, knowing that the only option he has is not only to hurt her, but to deceive her as well - I cannot even imagine the pain that sort of thing must cause.
This episode actually allieviated some residual anger I've had at Cabe. Even though he did explain in 1.21 why he had to keep from Walter that they were going to use his technology to drop bombs, I've always been a little angry at him for that anyway, because Walter was only a kid, and he became indirectly responsible for all those lives being lost without getting any say in the matter. And sure Cabe said "oh yeah it ate me up having to do that kid I'm so sorry" but I was always still kinda "screw the consequencse you should have told him." But seeing this ep and how much it ate him up to hurt Happy like that, but he honestly had no choice (and in this case knew it'd work out better 'his way'), it kinda makes me see how it must have really destroyed him to lie by omission to young Walter like that, and that makes me less upset with him about it.

Old 02-15-2017, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
This episode actually allieviated some residual anger I've had at Cabe. Even though he did explain in 1.21 why he had to keep from Walter that they were going to use his technology to drop bombs, I've always been a little angry at him for that anyway, because Walter was only a kid, and he became indirectly responsible for all those lives being lost without getting any say in the matter. And sure Cabe said "oh yeah it ate me up having to do that kid I'm so sorry" but I was always still kinda "screw the consequencse you should have told him." But seeing this ep and how much it ate him up to hurt Happy like that, but he honestly had no choice (and in this case knew it'd work out better 'his way'), it kinda makes me see how it must have really destroyed him to lie by omission to young Walter like that, and that makes me less upset with him about it.
Agreed. It's one thing to realize that Cabe must sometimes struggle with the things he has to do because it's part of his job. It's a revelation to see him actually go through it. Yes, he knew that what he was doing was the best possible thing in the circumstances, but that didn't make it any easier for him to watch Happy get so angry with him - and then watch her fall apart.

~Heidi
Old 02-20-2017, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

De-topping this, but feel free to continue the discussion!

~Heidi
Old 02-20-2017, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Heidi!

Reply   Post New Thread