Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2016, 01:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

3.10 “This is the Pits” Air Date 12-Dec-2016

</scorpion> Episode 3.10 This is the Pits

Quote:
TEAM SCORPION MUST HELP A WOMAN TRAPPED IN THE DEADLY LA BREA TAR PITS BEFORE SHE RUNS OUT OF OXYGEN, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, DEC. 12

Lea Thompson Returns as Paige’s Mother, Veronica

“This is the Pits” – Walter must swim through the deadly La Brea Tar Pits when Team Scorpion helps a woman trapped in the tar before she runs out of oxygen. Also, without Paige’s knowledge, her mother, Veronica (guest star Lea Thompson), “helps” Ralph maximize his troop cookie sales, on SCORPION, Monday, Dec. 12 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion, @LeaKThompson is back 2 help Walter get Paige!! #Waige! @ScorpionCBS 12/12 10-11pm CBS Press Express | TEAM SCORPION MUST HELP A WOMAN TRAPPED IN THE DEADLY LA BREA TAR PITS BEFORE SHE RUNS OUT OF OXYGEN, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, DEC. 12
Source

Promo, Sneak Peeks and Promo Photos

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 05-12-2019 at 02:46 PM
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like my heart is gonna be racing this entire ep.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I need to re-watch before I can really express anything coherent about this episode. I did like that they provided a lot of explanation as to why this was so dangerous - more so than just a run-of-the-mill car-in-the-water thing. Like how the tar apparently leeches acid into the water that burns within minutes. Going into this episode I was wondering a lot about how Walter was supposed to wade into tar. Obviously, he really didn't - he waded into water that is on top of the tar - but it's not quite like typical lake water.

~Heidi
Old 12-16-2016, 11:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed the ep for a lot of reasons, though I am frustrated by the complete lack of Quintis while Paige and Tim hugged twice. Like I get that they're ending very soon and I get that the writers need to show that they like each other but it annoys me that the engaged couple gets next to no PDA and haven't even kissed on screen since last March while this couple that's been dating like ten minutes and is nothing more than a plot device gets so much more than them. I do not care one whit about Paige and Tim. I love Quintis. I want them to have screen time.

But I loved Ralph - though poor guy, first he thinks he's lost the man he wants to be his dad and now he's disillusioned with Grandma, can the kid catch a break? And I loved seeing Paige's tangible worry for Walter (and it looked like some regret was in her eyes each time Walter was going in the lake) and Walter's declaration to Ronnie that he didn't want to get into a relationship with Paige the way Ronnie wanted to help him. Him wanting to do it right was such a big deal, because it shows both his E.Q. growth, his overal maturity, and also gives us hints at the depth of his love for Paige because he wants to be completely right for and fair to her. He's not being selfish here in the slightest. And I adored that.

Also Toby's 'so tar so good...when I'm nervous I pun.' I died.

De-topping only because with the temp mod notice and the early opening of the 3.11 thread, we're at five topped threads and we're only supposed to be at three. But feel free to keep discussing!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

For this week's Random Episode Review, we have a sticky mess of an episode. Nothing like a quick dip in a tar pit to ruin your day!

~Heidi
Old 05-05-2019, 05:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

To be honest I didn't really watch the first half of season 3 the Paige Tim relationship was unwatchable
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

I agree with that

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 10:43 AM
Absolute Fan

I really like this ep. I know Tim isn't popular, but my biggest problem with him has always been that the love triangle story arc went on for way too long, not so much with him per se. I don't think the writers really knew what to do with him at times, they wanted someone to cause trouble for Waige but beyond that I don't think they really had much of a plan. From a character perspective his conflict with Walter over dating Paige was unpleasant to watch, but then Walter and Paige need to shoulder some of the blame for that. Tim was used to getting what he wanted in life so as he began to realise he couldn't have his career anymore he shifted his focus onto Paige instead, perhaps without realising how appalling his behaviour was at times. In this ep he was shown to be a good team player, getting stuck in when he needed to to save the girl and Walter. Also we were meant to feel sympathy for him when he realises his career in the Navy is finally over and I actually did because the way it was played showed a very human side of his character instead of the one dimensional way he was often written.

I love the developing relationship between Ralph and Veronica in this episode and I particularly loved Ralph's blunt honesty with her - "You've been a disappointment," - so very Walter-ish! I'm also curious about the idea that they've been communicating in secret. For how long? And what would Paige say if she found out? I would have loved to have seen Veronica's storyline expanded over more episodes, instead it felt rushed. It would have been really interesting to explore Paige's relationship with her mother even more to see just how much of a negative impact it has had on her. Much of Paige's insecurity must stem from having her mother drift in and out of her life the way she did throughout her childhood. Also because she had a mother who basically lied to people for a living that must've had a huge effect on her ability to trust people.

Anyway, back to this ep! I loved the very Scorpion way they "cobbled together" the diving suit out of whatever they had available. It also made me laugh that Cabe got another opportunity to use his "On behalf of the US Government I'm commandeering this truck..." line again!

Talking of great lines, this ep also has one of Walter's best - "We've been to space and back with less preparation..."

Really enjoyed this re-watch.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The case on this one is old school Scorpion at it's best. If Beth's husband Michael knew them better, the thought that Scorpion is about to "cobble" something together would be the best thing he could hear. I love Happy taking charge and going through all the equipment on the fire truck to see what she can use. Add to that the fact that everything that can go wrong, does and it's a great example of a typical Scorpion case.

I also sort of guiltily like the plotting and scheming that Veronica and Walter are doing to try to win Paige for Walter. It's manipulative and sneaky - but it's also cute and sort of fun.

It's a little difficult watching Toby be so anti-Walter with his repeated "I smell a rat" comments. It would be much more Toby like to go with "all's fair in love and war". Plus, we see him being so compassionate with Beth and Michael, but he's treating his best friend like he's not worthy of love.

But above all, there are some really lovely moments between Paige and Walter that in the midst of the Tim debacle, gave us Waige shippers real hope. I truly wish Paige could have heard Walter's discussion with Veronica at the end. It shows just how much he's really matured and learned to take other people's feelings into account.

~Heidi
Old 05-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Absolute Fan

I don't think Toby was being anti-Walter, he just doesn't like it when he knows something's going on behind his back. And Walter was being obviously deceptive, pretending the film night and the grunge outfit were just normal things for him to do, so of course Toby's going to want to know what it was really about.

Veronica and Walter's scheming was fun - if you ignore the fact they were basically scheming to steal another man's girlfriend (outdated terminology, but you know what I mean. ) It's only Tim, though, so it's OK!
Old 05-12-2019, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

See, I think Toby knew exactly what it was about, and this was just part of the whole season 3 turnaround where Toby was suddenly against Walter and Paige. For the first couple of seasons Toby was pushing Walter at Paige, then he does a sudden about face. It made no sense.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread