Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2016, 09:12 PM
Loyal Fan

3.09 "Mother Load" - Air Date: 21 Nov. 2016

</Scorpion> Episode 3x09 "Mother Load"

X

Quote:
PAIGE’S ESTRANGED MOTHER CALLS ON TEAM SCORPION WHEN SHE ACCIDENTALLY UNCOVERS A FORGOTTEN NUCLEAR REACTOR ON THE VERGE OF EXPLODING, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, NOV. 21

Lea Thompson Guest Stars as Paige’s Estranged Mother

“Mother Load” – Paige’s estranged mother calls on Team Scorpion when she accidentally uncovers a forgotten nuclear reactor on the verge of exploding, on SCORPION, Monday, Nov. 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion, @LeaKThompson is Paige’s grifter mom! What’s her scam? @KatharineMcPhee @ScorpionCBS 11/21 10-11pm CBS Press Express | PAIGE’S ESTRANGED MOTHER CALLS ON TEAM SCORPION WHEN SHE ACCIDENTALLY UNCOVERS A FORGOTTEN NUCLEAR REACTOR ON THE VERGE OF EXPLODING, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, NOV. 21

REGULAR CAST:
Elyes Gabel (Walter O'Brien)
Robert Patrick (Agent Cabe Gallo)
Katharine McPhee (Paige Dineen)
Eddie Kaye Thomas (Toby Curtis)
Jadyn Wong (Happy Quinn)
Ari Stidham (Sylvester Dodd)
Riley B. Smith (Ralph Dineen)

GUEST CAST:
Scott Porter (Tim Armstrong)
Lea Thompson (Veronica)
Amir Korangy (Dr. Patel)
Reiko Aylesworth (Allie)
Dan Dratch (Dyfrost)
John Hartman (Kaldor/Glenn)

WRITTEN BY: Kevin J. Hynes
DIRECTED BY: Jeff T. Thomas
Sneak Peeks & Promo Photos

WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Waige is so married in that sneak peek.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"We're gonna have a happy, family meal, DAMMIT!"

Mama Paige has spoken!

So married.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 07:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
"We're gonna have a happy, family meal, DAMMIT!"

Mama Paige has spoken!

So married.
I love how she directs all of her frustration out on Walter, even though he's not the only one wanting to take the assignment.

"If my turkey is not cooked in time, your goose will be."
Old 11-19-2016, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriterFreak001 (View Post)
I love how she directs all of her frustration out on Walter, even though he's not the only one wanting to take the assignment.

"If my turkey is not cooked in time, your goose will be."
And like a good hubby, he looks like he's taking this very seriously. He may not completely understand it, but he's going to do his best not to cross her.

~Heidi
Old 11-19-2016, 09:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

To be honest part of me is still really angry at everyone including Paige walking out on Sylvester's family meal in the premiere and that part of me wants everyone (or at least Sly) to ditch Paige's Thanksgiving plans.

I know it won't happen and I know I'm being unnecessarily mean by kinda wanting it but that part of 3.02 just really ticked me off.

Old 11-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I totally understand that, and I wouldn't blame Sly at all. Except he so often seems the most grown-up of all of them - and that includes Paige these days - that it would be sort of OOC for him to do that.

I sort of hope that Paige's goal with this is similar to Sly's in 3.02. There has been some repair of the rifts, but the mood of the entire team still seems a bit off, and so I'm hoping that her goal with this dinner is to give them all a chance to really reconnect and get that sense of family back - not just with hugs and words at the end of a case, but with a real return to their ability to work and live together in harmony.

~Heidi
Old 11-19-2016, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I totally understand that, and I wouldn't blame Sly at all. Except he so often seems the most grown-up of all of them - and that includes Paige these days - that it would be sort of OOC for him to do that.

I sort of hope that Paige's goal with this is similar to Sly's in 3.02. There has been some repair of the rifts, but the mood of the entire team still seems a bit off, and so I'm hoping that her goal with this dinner is to give them all a chance to really reconnect and get that sense of family back - not just with hugs and words at the end of a case, but with a real return to their ability to work and live together in harmony.
Yeah it'd definitely be OOC I just really hate the ending of 3.02.

Maybe. I hope it ends with a solid group scene. The group still has a different feel to it than it did in the first two season and I just really want them to get back to how they were.

Old 11-20-2016, 03:08 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Maybe. I hope it ends with a solid group scene. The group still has a different feel to it than it did in the first two season and I just really want them to get back to how they were.
Yeah, I agree. The show definitely feels different this season and I think a good "family" scene could help.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I swear they just think of the punny titles and then just try and fit the plot to them these days!

(I approve, by the way).
Old 11-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sometimes I like the original titles better. This one was "Mother Turcker" before they changed it. I supposed the new one makes more sense.

~Heidi
Old 11-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Sometimes I like the original titles better. This one was "Mother Turcker" before they changed it. I supposed the new one makes more sense.
Yeah, I agree with you for the most part. While I like the title "Mother Load" better, I liked the title "Lake of the Irish" better than "Sly and the Family Stone." I just... I don't know why... that title doesn't seem as awesome sounding to me. >_<
Old 11-21-2016, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Lake of the Irish being a play on Luck of the Irish is probably why it sounds better to us.

Old 11-24-2016, 12:25 AM
Loyal Fan

I finally watched the episode and thought it was sort of...meh.

I'll start with the things I liked:
-Toby and Paige's friendship. I really liked their little therapy session and how they've been each other's confidants lately.
-Toby in general had some great lines and was probably the highlight of the episode for me.
-Love that Cabe is finally getting a love interest.
-I've always liked Lea Thompson, so it will be fun having her around for a bit.

And the things I didn't like:
-I was excited about exploring the relationship between Paige and her mom up until Veronica told Walter she was going to help him win her back. I'm happy for the Waige shippers, but for me, having the storyline be about Walter and Paige's relationship instead of just focusing on Paige and her feelings about her mother makes it a lot less interesting.
-While I'm happy they're finally giving Sly a storyline of his own, I'm not sure I like the one they're going with. I would much rather have seen a continuation of the hospital wing dedication story from last season. What happened to that?
-Speaking of dropped storylines, I guess we're not getting any real follow-up for Quintis regarding the secret marriage or false positive pregnancy test. I'm really disappointed because if they aren't going to explore Toby and Happy's feelings about everything they've been through this season, what was the point of any of it?
-I expect some silliness on this show, but they were really pushing it in this episode. Trying to balance a nuclear reactor on binders and film canisters? It doesn't take a genius to realize that that's not going to work. And the Super Fun Guy balloon? Was this episode written by a 10-year-old boy?
Old 11-24-2016, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't really know where else to say this, so I guess here is fine?

I was making some gifs this morning, and I think they did like a...really good job with the casting of Lea in terms of physical features. Like, there are ways that Kat and Riley do resemble one another, but in other ways, they don't. But a couple ways that Kat and Riley are different, Riley and Lea then look similar (the mouth is the biggest example of this to me). And just as Kat and Riley have some similar features so do Kat and Lea.

Like, I didn't really see much resemblence with Sylvester and his dad. But the Lea/Kat/Riley three generation thing, I think they did that really well.

Reply   Post New Thread