Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2016, 07:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

De-topping but as always feel free to keep up the discussion!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was kinda disappointed that all the way through the episode whilst people kept being vocal to Sly about why they didn't listen to Walter, that Sly never stood up for him
I know how Sly is, but that still bugged me.
Old 11-30-2016, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I was kinda disappointed that all the way through the episode whilst people kept being vocal to Sly about why they didn't listen to Walter, that Sly never stood up for him
I know how Sly is, but that still bugged me.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That sort of bugged me, too. I guess they were trying to make it more obvious - and more necessary - that Tim stand up for Walter.

The only character-reasonable reason I can think of is that Sly was so nervous about meeting Megan's extended family that he wasn't himself - and that the rock he gave Walter was his way of apologizing for not really being there for his brother - even if he did get the rock from the parking lot outside the garage.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
That sort of bugged me, too. I guess they were trying to make it more obvious - and more necessary - that Tim stand up for Walter.
Ah so what you'e saying is the writers are making people act out of character in order to force a plot point? Sounds like this season.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Ah so what you'e saying is the writers are making people act out of character in order to force a plot point? Sounds like this season.
Bingo. I think one of the things that has really turned me against the character of Tim is that so many of the other characters have acted OOC in support of Tim Paige, Toby, Sly, Cabe and to some extent even Walter. If he needs that much support, he's not a very good character. When the character was first introduced I liked him. There was some shady mystery around him, and there wasn't much depth to him, and of course we knew he was being brought in as a third wheel. But I was willing to make allowances in the first couple of episodes for his character to be developed. But they just never did that. He's still such a one-dimensional character that is basically just a tool - in multiple senses of the word.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Bingo. I think one of the things that has really turned me against the character of Tim is that so many of the other characters have acted OOC in support of Tim Paige, Toby, Sly, Cabe and to some extent even Walter. If he needs that much support, he's not a very good character. When the character was first introduced I liked him. There was some shady mystery around him, and there wasn't much depth to him, and of course we knew he was being brought in as a third wheel. But I was willing to make allowances in the first couple of episodes for his character to be developed. But they just never did that. He's still such a one-dimensional character that is basically just a tool - in multiple senses of the word.
GOD. YES. This is perfectly stated. If it was on Tumblr I'd reblog the hell out of it.

Old 12-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Loyal Fan

Tim is one of the few things that I'm actually enjoying about this season.

My take on Sly's behavior in this episode was that he needed to stay in the family's good graces so that he actually stood a chance at steering them away from danger. Isn't that exactly why Walter tasked him with that job in the first place?
Old 12-05-2016, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Perfect. Thanks.
Reply   Post New Thread