Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

3.07 "We're Gonna Need A Bigger Vote" - Air Date Nov 7 2016

</scorpion> Episode 3.07 We’re Gonna Need a Bigger Vote

Quote:
ON ELECTION DAY, AS DEMOCRACY HANGS IN THE BALANCE, TEAM SCORPION IS CALLED IN WHEN SOMEONE TRIES TO THROW THE U.S. ELECTION INTO CHAOS, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, NOV. 7

“We’re Gonna Need a Bigger Vote” – On Election Day, as democracy hangs in the balance, Team Scorpion is called on when someone tries to throw the U.S. presidential election into chaos, on SCORPION, Monday, Nov. 7(10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion’s got our vote & is ready to save the #Election! @ScorpionCBS 11/7 10-11pmhttp://bit.ly/2enwGBN
Source

Promo, Sneak Peeks and Promo Photos

Last edited by FoxPhile; 11-06-2016 at 04:02 PM
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT! Hoping that watching this episode will take my mind off the real election for a little while!

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
TFTNT! Hoping that watching this episode will take my mind off the real election for a little while!
Honestly I think it will stress me out more.

Old 11-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Honestly I think it will stress me out more.
I have done some thinking on this. And I've also done some reading that suggests that my candidate may win the popular vote but lose the election. So yes, this is definitely going to stress me out more.

Old 11-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hoping that watching this episode will take my mind off the real election for a little while!
Me too! It looks like it should be a funny one from the promo and sneak peeks.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know we can't call political stuff too early, but...

Spoiler:

Old 11-07-2016, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know we can't call political stuff too early, but...

Spoiler:
Totally agree with this.

This show is truly trying to kill us. They aren't satisfied with one emotionally wrenching scene at the end. They have to give us like... four!?!?!?!

Although I have to say - if I didn't want Tim to exit so damn bad - and quickly - I would have to say he was seriously hot in his dress uniform.

~Heidi
Old 11-07-2016, 09:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The ending was so...charged. First, I was so proud of Ralph for telling his mom he would be happy if she was. Then I burst into tears at the distress on his face and in his voice when he talked to Walter.

Then Quintis. The ep has been over for 15 minutes and I haven't stopped crying.

Quote:

Although I have to say - if I didn't want Tim to exit so damn bad - and quickly - I would have to say he was seriously hot in his dress uniform.
I was actually hoping we'd get to see him in his uniform because I have a weakness for Navy uniforms (wonder where I got that from...)

Old 11-07-2016, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I was actually hoping we'd get to see him in his uniform because I have a weakness for Navy uniforms (wonder where I got that from...)
This part really made me laugh. My best friend is a huge JAG fan and the last time she came here to visit the MAIN thing she wanted to do was go to Annapolis to see the middies in their dress uniforms. We got an eyefull.

I started out crying when Ralph was talking to his mom. He's being so grown up, but even the you could tell his heart wasn't in it. And then when he talked to Walter, I was just dead at that point. Topping that off with Happy's sad news was just too much.

I'm a little torn about Toby's picking that moment to ask her again, though. He obviously knows her well - her answer, and the way she answered tells me it was actually the right time - it was what she needed. But at the same time, she will always look back on his proposal and the memory will be mixed with such sadness.

~Heidi
Old 11-08-2016, 08:37 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I'm a little torn about Toby's picking that moment to ask her again, though. He obviously knows her well - her answer, and the way she answered tells me it was actually the right time - it was what she needed. But at the same time, she will always look back on his proposal and the memory will be mixed with such sadness.
I have more to say about the episode, but yes this exactly 100%. I was surprised they had the second proposal happen so quickly. I would have liked it to be drawn out longer, so we could have had two good solid moments between them and not one where things melded together to tinge this happy moment with sadness. Also, because there was potential for more if the more hadn't been the second proposal.

I LOVE RALPH IN THIS EPISODE SO MUCH. His sass almost makes up for the overall lack of his presence, though it's gotten better.
sheisagenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ralph in this episode was completely amazing - a wonderful melding of the genius he is with the little kid that he also is. It's so easy to forget that the little kid is still a very big part of who he is - despite the genius - and the last two episodes have gone a long way to remind of of that.

Walter and Ralph together absolutely MADE this episode. More of that, please. Although it certainly made their final scene that much more poignant. We were able to see and they both had a chance to experience what a great time they can have together - and how much good they can do together. Their ability to do that in the future is jeopardized. Not that I think Paige would ever prevent Walter and Ralph from spending time together - but with Tim in the picture - especially if it was any significant way - it would naturally exclude Walter to some degree.

Despite what he said to his mom - and kudos to the little kid for saying it - Ralph's real views are obvious. Tim needs to go.

~Heidi
Old 11-08-2016, 11:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

As much as I loved Walter and Ralph together, I feel that this episode was another illustration of how Scorpion has become a soap opera, instead of the interesting and inventive show that it was the first two seasons. I really hope that will change once Tim is gone.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
ILoveScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 07:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm okay with the timing of the proposal because, like you said, I think Happy really needed it. That scene made me think about Happy and Toby's rooftop conversation when she said she couldn't have the rug pulled out from under her again. Happy definitely had the rug pulled out from under her when she found out she wasn't pregnant. By proposing and presenting that ring to Happy at that moment, Toby gave her a tangible reminder that he will always be there for her and that they will face this disappointment together. I think that knowing she finally has someone in her life who will stick around, even when things are tough, will mean more to her than having a perfect, happy proposal.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:09 AM
Part-Time Fan

I feel the situation of a Quintis baby was a great plot device. We got to experience the emotions of everyone regarding a baby, all the joy and excitement. We saw again the potential for growth of Happy and Toby. It also served to motivate Walt to make progress on divorcing Happy, to open his options, and becoming a citizen. After it's impact is in motion, the baby never was. So the writers are still free to have everyone continue to develop, without the predicable and expected baby scenes and action. I have to say, Paige's bonding moments with Tim at the expense of the geniuses is a bit disturbing though.
KatFan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

See, I actually hate that the pregnancy was nothing more than a plot device. Someone discussed it well on Tumblr but I'll try to explain why here.

The 'baby' existed for exactly as long as the knowledge that Walter and Happy were married. We find out literally a minute ater Toby figures out it's Walter, and it ends moments after he gets his citizenship. Which means it served to completely erase any feelings or discussions that Quintis might have had in regards to this. Whie I've always been completely on Happy's side regarding this secret, it'd be unrealistic to believe they had no discussions about it but the writers completely are able to jump over any tension or conversations they might have had over it because it was distracted by the pregnancy, then as soon as the marriage is over, so is the pregnancy, so they don't have to commit the show to a baby, but they also got to avoid having Quintis deal with the marriage thing onscreen. So I feel like it was a lazy cop out.

I agree with not liking Paige bonding with Tim at the expense of her family, though. Sylvester dated, fell in love with, and married a normal without this schism between geniuses and normals being exacerbated, and while Paige and Tim are two normals, her characterization from the start has been someone who may be confused by them, but who wants to love and protect and teach them without being abrasive or condescending or dismissive, and since she's gotten with Tim, it feels different (Hard Knox is the biggest example but ever since that happened the littler things bother me too).

Reply   Post New Thread