Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I kept expecting Happy to come up with a way to haul herself out of there. When she tried to climb up the rope and that piece of ice broke off I literally screamed at the TV.
Yeah, the promo to me didn't look like she was in a cavern so I assumed she got out before Toby found her.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 07:02 AM
Elite Fan

I finally got a chance to watch and have to say I agree with everyone here on the "awesomeness" of the episode.

Foxphile - I also expected Happy to save herself.

Walter was hilarious with his social media binge but in the end he realized the meaning of true friends.

Happy/Toby - nudging ever closer to each other.

Loved the scenes with Ralph and the soldier.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Great review of 2x13!
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awesome review. Very evenly balanced. Thanks, Kimberly!

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Awesome review. Very evenly balanced. Thanks, Kimberly!
Thanks. I always enjoy reading her reviews. I don't always agree with all of her opinions, but they are most certainly evenly balanced! She's been writing reviews for Scorpion on SpoilerTV since the pilot so it's always interesting to read what she has to say. I'm glad she comments on Scorpion for it's artistic spin on the cases rather than complain about its often lack of realistic / scientific integrity. (if that makes sense).
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I know I must be sounding like a broken record, but every time I think </scorpion> cannot get any better - then next episode proves me wrong.
THIS!
Especially with binge-watching, things can get too repetitive or you can get bored. But apart from only a few 'meh' episodes, I'm on the edge of my seat the entire time.

When they went out with the ropes attached to them, it seemed obvious one of them was going to be loose for drama purposes, but I didn't mind that predictability at all. Quintis
This was just a great Quintis episode.
I loved how it also gave a little Waige moment when Toby asked Walter what he would do if Paige was the one out there.

And after Walter said he only heard one heart beat and we saw him and Cabe looking down on Toby and Happy, I was screaming at my laptop: "Oh, NO, they didn't!" For the smallest second I actually thought she'd died.

Ralph was rocking it, as usual. And I really love how Walter (really everyone on the team) does treat him equally in the sense of getting him involved and asking him things.

Shout out to Sly at the end : "I don't want to play this game, I don't want to play this game!" *Hides in the tent*
Old 05-19-2016, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Quintis moments in this one were over the top - which is quite something since Happy was unconscious most of the time.

It's phenomenal how they keep Toby cracking little jokes even under the worst of circumstances - and then he says things that just make you

~Heidi
Old 05-19-2019, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This week's Random Episode Review takes us back to Season Two. For those just starting to feel the heat of summer, this one may cool you off - or Quintis may heat you up!

~Heidi
Old 05-20-2019, 07:08 AM
Absolute Fan

I don't need an excuse to watch this one again! Definitely one of the best eps of the whole series.

There's so much to love! Happy and Toby's story really moves along. Happy desperately calling for Toby when she first realises she's lost is heartbreaking because we rarely see her so vulnerable and yet here she is and the only person she calls out to is Toby.

I remember the first time I watched it I wondered if, after Toby goes racing off to rescue Happy, the roles would be reversed and Happy would end up having to rescue Toby for some reason, but I actually prefer it this way because otherwise it would have played to the cliches of her being the tough, capable woman and him being a bit incapable. I think it was better leaving it this way round so Happy had the chance to realise that she's not invincible and although she's usually perfectly capable of looking after herself, it's sometimes OK to let someone else help.

That scene at the end with her father encouraging her to find out what (or who ) makes her happy was so moving - she wants to change and not be so closed off emotionally all the time, but she doesn't know how to do it. I particularly loved that she then caught sight of Toby playing with Ralph - I think in that moment she realised she didn't just want Toby, she also wanted a family with Toby.

I also loved that Cabe had that little chat with Toby about his and Happy's hearts beating as one being true love - Cabe really is an old softie, isn't he!

I loved how Ralph was fully involved in the situation and he was able to help the soldiers. I don't think Walter would have thought about sending them a song to keep their spirits up and that's where Ralph is different from Walter - Ralph is able to connect with people on an emotional level, even if he still resorted to logic to choose a song he thought would be appropriate.

I think this is my favourite rooftop scene, for so many reasons. It's wonderful to see Walter joining in, laughing and having fun, as we didn't see that side of him very often. I also loved Sylvester and his desperate plea not to be part of the snowball fight! Then of course we see Happy finally start to let her barriers down and invite Toby to spoon with her in a tent! Such a huge step for her to take and Toby's face as he realises what she's offering him is wonderful.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

This is a episode I rate as BT which means before Tim Walter and Paige got real close for most of season 2 than here comes Tim and ruined it
Earnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this episode. It was so fun to watch how Toby gradually got Happy to accept him, sometimes just by being there for her. She's so used to being independent and almost invincible that it was a risky move on his part. She could have reacted badly to any suggestion that she might need - or even could use - help. In some ways, Happy falling through that crevasse was the best thing that ever happened for Toby and Quintis.

One of the best scenes was when Toby went off to find Happy - over Walter's objections. His suggestion that Walter would do the same thing if it was Paige lost in the blizzard obviously really hit home for Walter. It was a great step forward for him.

~Heidi
Old 05-25-2019, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I loved this episode. It was so fun to watch how Toby gradually got Happy to accept him, sometimes just by being there for her. She's so used to being independent and almost invincible that it was a risky move on his part. She could have reacted badly to any suggestion that she might need - or even could use - help. In some ways, Happy falling through that crevasse was the best thing that ever happened for Toby and Quintis.

One of the best scenes was when Toby went off to find Happy - over Walter's objections. His suggestion that Walter would do the same thing if it was Paige lost in the blizzard obviously really hit home for Walter. It was a great step forward for him.
What I love about this episode is everything you said. It was such a strong one for both ships but especially Quintis.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread