Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

2.13 "White Out" - Air Date 04-Jan-2016

</scorpion> Episode 2.13 White Oute

Quote:
IN ORDER TO SAVE A UNITED STATES SPECIAL FORCES UNIT FROM CERTAIN DEATH, TEAM SCORPION GOES TO ANTARCTICA WHERE HAPPY IS LOST IN A BLIZZARD, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, JAN. 4

“White Out” – In order to save a United States Special Forces unit from certain death, Team Scorpion must brave the subzero temperatures of Antarctica. Also, when Happy becomes cut off from the team and lost in a blizzard, Toby risks his life to find her, on SCORPION, Monday, Jan. 4 (9:00-9:59 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: #TeamScorpion gets the #FREEZE in Antarctica! #BabyItsColdOutside 1/4 9pm ET/PT @ScorpionCBS CBS Press Express | IN ORDER TO SAVE A UNITED STATES SPECIAL FORCES UNIT FROM CERTAIN DEATH, TEAM SCORPION GOES TO ANTARCTICA WHERE HAPPY IS LOST IN A BLIZZARD, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, JAN. 4
X

Sneak Peeks * Promo Photos

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 05-26-2019 at 03:44 PM
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 01:13 PM
MST Manager

Thanks for starting the thread for the new episode.
Old 01-01-2016, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT, Heidi!

I'm so excited for this episode! Those sneak peeks were great! That sorority girl really had an impact on Happy. She says she's trying to be less "mean and sarcastic" which I think were the exact words that girl used to describe her. And Happy reading the book by Quincy is hilarious! There must be thousands of books on keeping a positive attitude, so I can't wait to find out why she chose that one.
FauxDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

They haven't lost their touch for episodes combining life-and-death situations with humor! I'm glad to see Ralph, but I wish Paige was in Antarctica with Walter.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
ILoveScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:45 PM
MST Manager

So glad the show is coming back.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

Can't wait!!

Old 01-04-2016, 05:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always have such a hard time staying up to watch this show - but I always manage!

Can't wait!

~Heidi
Old 01-05-2016, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hope you all enjoyed the episode I will get to this as soon as I can
Old 01-05-2016, 09:21 PM
Loyal Fan

I loved this episode! Definitely one of my favorites! It almost felt like a companion episode to Robots in terms of the character development for both Happy and Walter. In Robots, they both acknowledged that they do have feelings and in White Out we saw them both taking steps to reach out and try to connect with other people. They're still trying to figure it all out, but they both finally recognize how much they want it.

The Quintis scenes were fantastic. Toby proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Happy means more to him than anything and we finally saw Happy acknowledge that she does want a relationship with Toby. I love that even though it scares her, we see her taking a step closer with each episode.

Last edited by FauxDetective; 01-06-2016 at 08:47 AM
FauxDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauxDetective (View Post)
I loved this episode! Definitely one of my favorites! It almost felt like a companion episode to Robots in terms of the character development for both Happy and Walter. In Robots, they both acknowledged that they do have feelings and in White Out we saw them both taking steps to reach out and try to connect with other people. They're still trying to figure it all out, but they both finally recognize how much they want it.
Yes, I was thinking the same thing!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love both of your thoughts on the episode makes me want to watch it even more I am hoping to at the weekend
Old 01-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Very true. Walter went a little off course with his hysterical attempt at navigating the world of social media, but thankfully he realized at the end that he needs to make friends with real people.

The most terrifying part of the episode for me was when Happy got lost and was screaming everybody's name. Happy was scared - and that was just very difficult to watch.

Ralph was remarkable. That whole part of the show was just wonderful. I used up lots of tissues when Captain Decker turned off the camera.

Loved the last scene. The tents, the snow from Antarctica, the snowball fight. And Walter's comment that Ralph was more mature than everyone else!

Kudos to Director Cooper. She gets better with every appearance.

All in all, just an amazing episode.

Old 01-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know I must be sounding like a broken record, but every time I think </scorpion> cannot get any better - then next episode proves me wrong.

I suppose what is really the case is that the quality - the excellence - of these episodes is so consistently superb. It makes it very difficult to choose a favorite. Nearly every episode this season, and the majority of last, have had great character development, interesting cases with edge-of-your-seat thrills and excitement.

White Out is right up there. As Stef said, there is a great connection with Robots, in that both Happy and Walter are moving further out of their comfort zones. They are now beyond simply recognizing that they need to socialize and relate better with people - both are actively taking steps to do that. Both are stumbling a bit along the way (at least Happy is in her selection of books, according to Toby), but they are working on it.

I also think the pacing of this character growth for both Walter and Happy is really good. They didn't take their revelations from Robots and immediately start changing in the next episode. The writers allowed a little time to pass, so that Happy and Walter's self-awareness could stew a bit. But they didn't allow it to languish so long as to lose the continuity.

I love Ralph as the hero - getting a baby named after him (the first of many?). The scenes that created with Paige and Ralph were wonderful.

Toby was beyond awesome. The Quintis scenes had me continuously reaching for the tissues.

Another running theme in my reaction to </scorpion> episodes - they have the ability to make me forget that it's a TV show and that the main characters are typically safe from any serious injury or death. When Happy got lost - and even more so when she was close to losing consciousness - I was crushing a pillow with the anxiety I was feeling.

~Heidi

Last edited by FoxPhile; 01-06-2016 at 04:08 PM
Old 01-06-2016, 05:38 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveScience (View Post)
The most terrifying part of the episode for me was when Happy got lost and was screaming everybody's name. Happy was scared - and that was just very difficult to watch.
I totally agree! Happy is usually really good at keeping her cool (no pun intended ), so seeing her losing it was terrifying.

You're absolutely right Heidi. This show consistently has interesting cases and more character development in a single episode than most shows give you in an entire season.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I kept expecting Happy to come up with a way to haul herself out of there. When she tried to climb up the rope and that piece of ice broke off I literally screamed at the TV.

~Heidi
Reply   Post New Thread