Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

2.11 "Old College Try" - Air Date 07-Dec-2015

</scorpion> Episode 2.11 Old College Try

Quote:
TEAM SCORPION GOES UNDERCOVER AT A UNIVERSITY TO FIND A HACKER WHO INFILTRATES THE FEDERAL RESERVE AND THREATENS TO COLLAPSE THE WORLD ECONOMY, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, DEC. 7

“The Old College Try” – Team Scorpion goes undercover at a university to find a hacker who infiltrates the Federal Reserve and threatens to collapse the world economy, on SCORPION, Monday, Dec. 7 (9:00-9:59 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: CLASS IS IN SESSION! #TeamScorpion goes back 2 school undercover! 12/7 9pm ET/PT @ScorpionCBS CBS Press Express | TEAM SCORPION GOES UNDERCOVER AT A UNIVERSITY TO FIND A HACKER WHO INFILTRATES THE FEDERAL RESERVE AND THREATENS TO COLLAPSE THE WORLD ECONOMY, ON “SCORPION,” MONDAY, DEC. 7
X

Sneak Peeks * Promo Photos

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT, Heidi!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 02:40 PM
Loyal Fan

TFTNT! So happy we get a new episode this week!

I still can't figure out how the space suits are going to fit in to the episode, but I can't wait to find out!
FauxDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm looking forward to a lot of things in the new ep, but I think I'm MOST curious about the spacesuits.

~Heidi
Old 12-06-2015, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Not only am I curious about the spacesuits, but I'm wondering why Walter and Happy look so annoyed while Sylvester is grinning ear-to-ear!

Barbara
ILoveScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:57 AM
Loyal Fan

New sneak peek on TVGuide this morning. I seriously can't wait for this.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

You know when we first found out there was an 'undercover at college' episode, I thought "okay, let's be real here, Happy and Sly are the only ones that could pass as college students," and then now I'm like okay, Happy and Sly are the only ones trying to pass as college students.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the episode was okay at least when it came to the case. I loved how Walter couldn't let it go when it came to those drama students and pretty much owned them in the end. lol The best parts were personal moments - Sly about Megan, the Happy/Tobby dance, Walter/Paige, Walter/Ray, and the time capsule.

Last edited by *OldHollywoodStarlet*; 12-07-2015 at 11:15 PM
*OldHollywoodStarlet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 06:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I enjoyed the episode. It was fun seeing just about everyone on the team really going outside of their comfort zone, and seeing how they deal with that (or not). Sometimes it's important to remind us that these geniuses really do not function well in normal social situations.

The case was interesting - and right up Scorpion's alley. I liked that Walter admitted that there was a computer he couldn't gain the upper hand on - not without basically diminishing it's capacity.

The ship stuff was awesome - Happy making a heart frame Sly with pictures of Megan - I just want to hug that girl! ( but she wouldn't like it ) Sly making the effort to move forward; he still hurts, he still grieves, but he's gonna be ok.

I did think the hints they dropped for Happy and Toby were a little heavy-handed. Although after all the lead-up, I was half expecting to get no Quintis at all at the end. But watching those two dance, I wouldn't care if they had to drop an anvil on Happy's head to get her to drop her shields just that little bit.

I also really liked Ray's parting tip to "Pam". However, I still think it's more important for Walter to admit his feelings about Megan's death before he and Paige embark on a relationship. Still, he's going to need a big push to do that, and Paige is about the only person, now, who can push him in that way. So in that regard, she needs to take Ray's advice.

~Heidi
Old 12-08-2015, 10:29 AM
Elite Fan

No matter what the episode entailed it was following the best ever episode and that's hard to beat. I enjoyed the personal moments the best, of course. It was nice to see Ray but it sounds like he won't be around much anymore. The entire team made strides to improve their EQ and that was nice to see.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Romantic In Denial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I liked the episode a lot. Megan continuing to be a calm center for Sly, Walter avoiding the issue, but we know he has to face his grief eventually. Ray realizing it wasn't his fault, Ray's message to Paige, QUINTIS DANCING, and there was some good humor in this one too.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved this episode. The cutting-edge technology of the quantum computer was great, even though I didn't understand most of what they were talking about!

But the personal interactions made the show. Paige was wonderful in calming Sly by invoking Megan's memory. The final scene with Paige and Ray was so touching - he is one very smart guy. And Walter hugged him! I'll miss Ray, but I'm glad he has his life back.

I thought the moment when Happy looks in the mirror and asks herself why can't she be normal was just heartbreaking, and it was then so wonderful to see her lower her guard to dance with Toby.

Walter as Romeo - oh, yes, that really worked!

Finally, thanks to Cabe for giving the campus cop the biggest day in his life.

There's no such thing as luck only good science and math.
ILoveScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing that makes this show SO good, and makes nearly every episode stand out, is how well they blend the action, the science and the personal stories.

~Heidi
Old 12-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Bryan Greenberg

I really liked this epi, it had great balance between the case and the relationships.

The case was fun and interesting and we watched a lot of what makes this characters so complex in special with Happy and Toby.

The final scene with Paige, Walter and Ray was fantastic, we are gonna miss him.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:05 PM
Loyal Fan

I really enjoyed this episode! The case was entertaining enough and had lots of humorous moments, but the character development was definitely the best part. Loved Walter helping Ray, Sly being calmed by thinking of Megan, Paige attempting to help Walter grieve, learning more about Toby's ex-fiancée and the extent of his gambling addiction, and seeing Happy struggling to open up to others. My absolute favorite part though was the Quintis dance!
Reply   Post New Thread