Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2015, 06:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

That review brings up an interesting point that I was wondering about. When Walter finds out about Megan's procedure, will he be angry/hurt at Megan, Sylvester, or both? I understand that Megan didn't want Walter to worry about her, but it did seem unfair of her not to tell Walter and to make Sylvester keep it a secret. Hopefully, Paige will get the opportunity to help Walter work through this - if he lets her.

Barbara
ILoveScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveScience (View Post)
That review brings up an interesting point that I was wondering about. When Walter finds out about Megan's procedure, will he be angry/hurt at Megan, Sylvester, or both? I understand that Megan didn't want Walter to worry about her, but it did seem unfair of her not to tell Walter and to make Sylvester keep it a secret. Hopefully, Paige will get the opportunity to help Walter work through this - if he lets her.

Barbara
I'm fairly sure it will be an issue when Walter finds out. First, he'll realize the significance of the procedure - that it means that Megan is getting worse and he will have a harder time maintaining his stand that he will find a cure before it is too late - he'll also feel the pressure to trying an step up that effort, despite having not made any real progress. Both of those will put his fragile emotions on edge and the tinder to the fire will likely be the fact that both Sylvester and Megan tried to keep this information from him. I expect Walter will not be pleased at all.

I liked what the reviewer says about Ray's offer to fix up the garage being a metaphor for his bolstering the team's emotional home. It makes sense - it's too big a job for Paige to support the emotional growth of 5 geniuses, one of whom is her own son. Cabe is pitching in somewhat, but he's limited in his own way. They definitely need another "emotional genius" to help out.

I also liked his take on Toby's cold turkey plan. It's not so much that he's really cutting Happy out - it's that he's decided that he refuses to be "just friends". It's all or nothing and if she's not ready for all, then he'll go with nothing. But I agree, it won't last.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

So in 2x02, Cuba; Happy is hanging in the bank, telling the guys to get her down because she is not a piñata.
Now she's hanging upside down, Toby tries to get her loose by hitting with a broomstick and she asks if he thinks there will fall candy out of her

I'm warming up to Ray a bit. There's definitely already more depth to him than I first thought. And he's trying to fit in, that's so nice.

I was disappointed at both Waige and Quintis ships.
Meaning: Waige moment was great for what it was, but I hope this season isn't just going to keep teasing at it all the time without something actually happening.
Quintis: I actually thought it was good of/for Toby to say no to Happy inviting him. She made a step forward by asking him, he made a step forward by recognizing he's obsessed. Doesn't mean I wouldn't have loved it if he just had said yes and they ended up kissing
Old 05-12-2016, 02:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brienna (View Post)
So in 2x02, Cuba; Happy is hanging in the bank, telling the guys to get her down because she is not a piñata.
Now she's hanging upside down, Toby tries to get her loose by hitting with a broomstick and she asks if he thinks there will fall candy out of her
I never noticed that connection! That's brilliant! I guess that's one of the advantages of binge-watching.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread