Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2015, 05:23 PM
Elite Fan

Loved the episode, too. It's just amazing. Every time I think "This is the MOST AWESOME episode!" another one comes and it's just as terrific.

I loved how they put Walter and Happy together - obviously the most closed off / emotionless of the group - and by working through this issue, they were both able to realize that emotions play a larger part than they previously realized - and that emotions have their place; they contribute to the decision making process in a way that pure logic can't. Such growth - I'm so proud of my babies.

I also love how Happy's dad was brought in to help, as well as that he seemed ok - even supportive - with Toby.

But WAIGE! The talking - the smiles - they almost-reversing-their-agreement.

Can't wait to see what next week brings!

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Loved the episode, too. It's just amazing. Every time I think "This is the MOST AWESOME episode!" another one comes and it's just as terrific.

I loved how they put Walter and Happy together - obviously the most closed off / emotionless of the group - and by working through this issue, they were both able to realize that emotions play a larger part than they previously realized - and that emotions have their place; they contribute to the decision making process in a way that pure logic can't. Such growth - I'm so proud of my babies.

I also love how Happy's dad was brought in to help, as well as that he seemed ok - even supportive - with Toby.

But WAIGE! The talking - the smiles - they almost-reversing-their-agreement.

Can't wait to see what next week brings!
I loved the small WAIGE moments throughout the episode - Paige telling Walt to kick Ray out, Paige looking out to sea and Walt looking in the distance, the ending... OMG the ending!!! I swear Paige's body language was telling Walter to just shut up and kiss her! She was constantly leaning towards him and literally inviting him to make a move, but as much as I would have loved if they did something as simple as held hands or something, I LOVED Ralph interrupting them! It's authentic and happens in real life all the time! I so can't wait to see Walt's reaction when Paige wears spandex and Paige's reaction when Walt has to dress up as Super Fun Guy. X'D
WriterFreak001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Loved this episode! The conversation between Walter and Happy was perfect. They really do understand each other and it was cool to see them both acknowledge that they are changing.

It was great to see Happy's dad helping in the rescue and very touching to see how much it meant to Happy that he was there for her. I also found the conversation between Toby and Mr. Quinn very interesting. When he suggested Toby let her "do what she's gonna do" it made me wonder if he was already aware of the status of their relationship and about Chet. I can't really imagine Happy completely spilling her guts to him, but it seemed like such relevant advice for Toby's current situation that he must have known some of it.

Toby getting her the dollhouse was very sweet. She totally sees through him, but agrees to work on it with him anyway. I think Toby is finally approaching things in the right way. He's being a good friend, hanging out with her (but still giving her a little space by not pressuring her about a romantic relationship), and slowly winning back her trust.
FauxDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Walter and Happy's relationship has always meant a lot to me and this episode showed perfectly why. God this season is so good.

N i c o l e ~ Tumblr | Podcast | Fanfiction | Twitter
WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Fan Art

Definitely one of my favorite episodes so far

The case was really good, I even liked that marine guy with them.
Walter and Happy talking together was good for both of them.
Happy's dad helping
And Toby's perfect gift for Happy in the end, even if she did see right through him.
girl under the floor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 03:47 PM
Elite Fan

I love how they develop the relationship between Happy and her father - and how we see that rift healing.

This episode is so tremendously important for Happy - and for Walter, too. They both come to terms a bit with the fact that they actually are human, with human feelings. I think the difference is that Happy begins to embrace it - she doesn't want to be a robot. While for Walter, it's still something that confuses and concerns him. He recognizes that feelings sometimes factor into the equation that he sees as life, but he still doesn't understand how they are supposed to be included and that's got him confused.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Loyal Fan

On the surface, Happy and Walter seem very similar, but this episode is where you start to see how they are different. Happy doesn't always let herself express her feelings because she's trying to protect herself, but she knows they're there and once she makes the decision to open up, she's actually pretty successful. Walter, on the other hand, is only beginning to recognize those feelings and still struggles to understand them.
Reply   Post New Thread