Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-09-2018, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

getting ready for work
Old 10-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

we're gonna get a bunch of wind and rain later this week, because of Hurricane Michael coming across Florida sometime in the next several days.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 10-09-2018, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dave, people call the devil candidate the Brazilian Trump but honestly he manages to be even worse. Johh Oliver did a pretty spot on video about him this weekend:

Luckily he didn't win the first round (and my region was the one that saved us from that ) but things are looking bleak for the second round two weeks from now. I still have a tiny bit of hope though

Hope you stay safe during the hurricane, I've never experienced one when I lived there but they seem pretty scary

How's the week going so far?
Old 10-10-2018, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

wow, thanks for the video, watched the whole thing, had no idea how bad Brazilian politics has gotten. so the Brazilian trump, Bolsonaro, would continue the mass clear-cutting of the Amazon, logging/deforestation on an even greater scale?! because our trump is rolling back all kind of environmental safeguards, pulled out of the Paris Climate Accords, digging more coal, cutting grand National parks in half, allowing miners on lands never dug up before, more oil, more coal, ugh. my head hurts from all the corruption just here in America, can't imagine what's going on in Brazil!

Old 10-10-2018, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's pretty much what he's planning to do. He's also made some abysmal comments about the indians saying they won't have any more land if he's elected, which is absolutely outrageous considering our country was built by their hands. He also makes a big deal about being pro-life and pro-traditional families (such as dad, mom, kids) but he's been married three times (always trading the older wife for a younger one) and known for using public money to maintain a house where he'd take his mistresses. What's more surreal is that the other candidate (Haddad) is an intelectual, was one of the best mayors my city (São Paulo) has ever had, has won several awards during his political life yet people are dismissing him because he's affiliated to a party that a lot of Brazilians (mod mentality at its finest) think has "ruined" our country aka did a lot more for the poor than for the rich. Anyway it's been a really stressful time, I've already argued with half of my family ('cause they're morons ) but luckily all my close friends are smart when it comes to politics so at least in my bubble I can relax a little.

What was the deal with Kavanaugh? I've seen a lot of people talking about it but things have been so awful here I haven't had time to check on politics from other countries.
Old 10-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kavanaugh is a Constitutionalist, meaning he would make bench decisions to protect the charter and amendments, specifically 2nd Amendment, the troublesome reason we have billions of guns in the hands of 22-chromosome idiots, but hopefully this dude will also rule in favor of the 1st Amendment, our right to unfettered free speech and media, something the orange-faced buffoon in the pale house, seems not to like nor want to exist. smh. pro-gun rednecks put the trumpster in the Oval Office, so he had to throw them a bone because of the 2020 reelection he wants to win. also, i believe he put Kavanaugh in there, because the dude would be a Supreme Court pro-vote in case the House of Representatives decided to impeach the orange-faced one.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The US is so obsessed with guns, I honestly don't understand. The awful candidate who's running here is obsessed as well and his idea of fighting violence (which is rampant here in Brazil) is arming the citizens. It's not a good idea in a first world country and it'd certainly be a even worse idea here, a third world one.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

politics makes me feel nauseous and dirty, like i constantly need a long shower and a handful of Advil. ugh.

Old 10-12-2018, 12:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here

I'm glad we have FF to unwind, in times like these I realize how helpful coming here and posting can be when it comes to dealing with my anxiety

On a brighter note, I'm seeing one of my favorite bands live this Sunday, I'm excited
Old 10-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

i agree, i have fun posting here, reading topics i find interesting, and looking at pictures and media of people i admire for their talents. too many people in politics and business, have no talent, they're just schmoozing leeches living off the accomplishments of truly talented predecessors.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Truth

Any plans for the weekend?
Old 10-13-2018, 02:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

raking leaves and trash today, from the storm, and having several nice evening drinks. laundry on Sunday, and watching my Pittsburgh Steelers football game in the afternoon.

any plans yourself?

Old 10-14-2018, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

How was the game?

One of my favorite bands is playing tonight and I'm going to their concert, I'm hyper
Old 10-14-2018, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

we won 28-21 with 10 seconds left! check it out!

Old 10-15-2018, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awesome vs which team they played?