Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2016, 06:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I'm just saying. Considering for the most part she's the only "core" character to not have a story line other than a new love interest that we know of this season.
maybe her storyline now is to get jays speed back? kind of lame i know, but yeh...

Quote:
I mean unless something else happens in the back end of 2B which will be loaded with Wally, Zoom, Wells betrayal, the attempt to save Jay...
yeah this is true, then i would rather they went with the KF arc, as we have talked about before, and then her just half being there cause yeah, what can happen in the next hafl or end at 2b, that will give her character an actual storyline thats interesting?
Old 01-28-2016, 07:01 AM
Master Fan

I think that is he S/L, at least from Kriesberg said about she was going to be "hell bent" on saving him. So it basically is just all about Jay.

^^

I actually have a theory that the obsession they are giving her over Jays' health will in some way possibly lead to her becoming KF or taking some kind of stupid risk. I hope I'm wrong but that's my personal belief at the moment. Because if that happens than she'd have started becoming KF over Jay too and just.. ugh.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

that would be sooo weird if she became KF because of maybe loosing jay nope wouldnt do great in my book !
Old 01-28-2016, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

better numbers for the other night

1.4 / 1.5 and an 8% rise in adults 18-49, 1st time ever being the top "original" show in its slot, tying the repeat on NCIS.

Most things on a lot of networks were repeats... plus the return of the reverse Flash probably helped.

but a nice jump and hopefully, it can hold it moving forward

and also this

‘The Flash’ Season 2 Casts Female Speedster Trajectory — Allison Paige | TVLine
Old 01-28-2016, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oooh awesome ratings, yeh i mean we have a ratings thread but i cant bump it
but thanks foor posting that

- so i dont know what my thoughts are on a female speedster, hmm..... dont we have enough of them?
Old 01-29-2016, 05:50 AM
Supreme Fan

I'm glad the ratings went up. Apart from some parts it was a very good episode. It gave me hope for the rest of the season

I can't be excited for the white washed new speedster
Old 01-29-2016, 06:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I'm glad the ratings went up. Apart from some parts it was a very good episode. It gave me hope for the rest of the season

I can't be excited for the white washed new speedster
why not, if i may ask ?

i dont read the comics, but heard something about she was not white?
Old 01-29-2016, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

she was not, no.

and I do have a problem with that, I also know in an earlier discussion I discounted people who had a problem with the casting of the West family so speaking solely for myself...

I'm not excited for, not happy at all bout white washing if I'm going to dismiss other people's criticisms of casting decisions that changed characters from how they originally appeared... personally I'm not wholly comfortable turning around then and criticizing the same thing I initially told people to get over, basically. Everything in life to me IMO is a two way street so while I'm far from happy...

its not really a character regardless of casting I was likely to care about, TBH.

just goes to make true one of the oldest sayings, never making everyone happy.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Supreme Fan

She'll probably be a one episode character and I have nothing against the actress but it bothers me tbh.

I don't think it's the same to what happened with the casting of the Wests because how many POC characters are there in the comics? Not so many. Whitewashing one of them? Eeehhh It's not the first time they do this because from what I heard they've already whitewashed plenty of characters on Arrow/LoT.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

haven't been following LoT that closely so I can't speak to it on that....

and for the reasons you mentioned it does bother me as well. Because your right, comics generally.... characters look one way, sadly. so that's a very valid point regarding the Wests.

and not only that, Id say they did a great job of casting not just anyone but who they cast the Wests have portrayed those characters very strongly iMO.

and... that's the thing that has made me sad,TBH, not surprised, but resigned? I'm a comic fan but I never identified with characters because they looked this way or that way, but rather because of what they ddi and who they were and the struggles that they went thru if they seemed relateable to something I knew or had gone thru.

so it just makes me feel... resigned, I guess, that people think their characters are being taken away because some (are being modernized, etc.) and seem to think that was what made the character who they were. Sadly, I know that there are a good number of people who feel that way.

and its the history of the world and unfortunately, will likely always be. people can say its worse here or worse there, etc. and to a some level, they can likely be right. but its everywhere. don't know why it is. but it is.

^^

but back to the show and more on topic, I agree, one episode character, won't care much for her and then its done.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:52 PM
Moderator Support Team

how do we like the seasons so far?
Old 01-29-2016, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

Its okay?

I like parts of it... but I generally would say I might like Season 1 better in some ways as well.

I miss the connection that was used in Season 1 to establish why people care for each other, etc... I would have liked to have seen a little built off of that - across the board -

rather than kind of jumping into what seems almost like a bigger is better approach this season has had to me.

that's not to say that there are parts I don't like or some upcoming ARC's for characters that don't have me at least somewhat intrigued or totally intrigued for that matter. but there are some - namely the romances of the season -

that I just don't know that I care for.

Honestly, would anyone have hated had Iris, Barry and Caitlin stayed single this season and dealt with the loss of Ronnie and Eddie and the consequences of those losses, etc. and worked thru them together and continued to build their relationships with each other...

and then maybe introduced Jay and Patty in Season 3. That might be how I would have done it. I might have introduced Wally this season, because it would have added an impact on the show, but not a new LI or something

and I know its the CW and generally there is romance galore on the CW so I can accept that fact. But at the same time I still think a Season 2 that at least the beginning if not the whole season dealt more with Iris, Joe, Caitlin, Barry and Cisco working thru everything that happened last season and trying to move on and seeing where they know stood in the world...

would have been good enough for me
Old 01-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

^ i agree 100% they didnt focus on teh loss and than they all got disconnected but they havent fix than disconnection i feel
Old 01-29-2016, 08:27 PM
Master Fan

yeah. I mean, the show's just been in a hurry to have them move on and they haven't really dealt with anything.

Barry's still dealing with the fall out of the RF killing his mom and Eddie dying to stop him - something we just saw last episode.

Caitlin and Iris respectively were never really shown to have had time or focus to mourn Ronnie and Eddie.

We've never really seen everyone come to terms with who and what Eobard did to them all in Season One...

you could have made Eobard into the big bad of Season 2 in some ways by having his legacy of betrayal and death, etc... be the primary villain or one of the villains and have them fight their way thru that and kind of back into becoming a team and a family again
Old 01-30-2016, 08:31 AM
Supreme Fan

I honestly don't even know how to comment the season since a lot of it felt like stalling. There were good moments but I could block out of my mind 3/4 of what happened in 2A and feel like I didn't miss anything.

Zoom is the big bad of the season and the only thing we know about him is that he wants to make Barry faster and is blackmailing Wells. I like what we've seen of him but it didn't have enough impact since the show was too busy doing crossovers and wrapping up Patty's personal arc.

I didn't like how they wasted so much time launching LoT. Having a shared universe doesn't mean we've to forget this show is about the Flash and the people in his life and not a bunch of other future (?) heroes.

The West family arc should have had more focus since it was about introducing another hero that will be relevant to the show in the long run. Iris waited two months to spill the beans about her soon-to-be-orphan brother?

Jay and Wells's knowledge overlaps so I don't see why we need both of them. They should have introduced only Wells and then waited for Jay. This way Caitlin would have had enough time to mourn Ronnie. Since Jay is also powerless and can't fight alongside Barry the only reason he's here is to keep Caitlin busy but that wasn't needed, at least not so soon.

While both Iris and Caitlin should have been single for a while I was fine with Barry dating. Since this is the CW and it's an unspoken rule that the main character has to have multiple love interests I'm positive comic canon gf Patty had always been in the plans. Better now than later. Her purpose was to be the manufactured perfect girl that could offer Barry manufactured "happiness" while he was struggling with his life as the Flash. It was forced and annoying to me but it worked?...until the last two episodes where the back and forth between them didn't do either character any favors.

I think that they didn't want Iris and Caitlin to mourn because it's boring, it's a drag, we can't have another S2 Laurel and blah, blah, blah...but then the show can't pretend Eddie was Iris's "world". Retcons annoy me to no end and I still cringe every time they refer to Eddie as Iris's fiance.

I agree that we've somewhat lost the emotional connection between the main cast. Barry and Joe are the only ones who still consistently have heart-to-hearts but I've been over their relationship since the back half of S1 so there's that.
Also, freaking Henry going fishing