Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2016, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Flash Season Two Discussion #2 - "Everything you think you know will change"

the flash | season two
discussion thread #2

Old 01-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

TFTNT!
Old 01-24-2016, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

you are welcome
Old 01-24-2016, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

basically a day away now. hopefully the return of RF is good
Old 01-25-2016, 01:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i believe it will be good i hope so
Old 01-25-2016, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

hope so. maybe we'll get some teaser clip today or tomorrow?
Old 01-26-2016, 05:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i sure hope so, i believe we will, well maybe
Old 01-26-2016, 07:55 AM
Master Fan

well, I've seen stills from tonight but have not seen a clip yet.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

thats weird kind of haha!!
Old 01-26-2016, 03:48 PM
Master Fan

yeah oh well.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

so that was an awesome episode well i think it is!! and i told u we would get a full on cisco episode almost hehe!

i did like the farewell scene between patty and barry it was cute

ooh man, so whats next.. Will e1 jay have a important role now in the flash?
heard someone saying the name zolomon, is known? i mean from comics or?
Old 01-27-2016, 06:01 AM
Master Fan

Zolomon is known in the comics, yes. One of the later Reverse Flashes / Zoom.

It was a decent episode. there were moments but I can't really call it awesome. It would get a solid grade as I thought some parts were very strong but there were a couple that I just...

1) While true to the comic story, the hatred the RF had for Barry was all because he couldn't be him?

I mean... ok. Sure, that could have been part of it but personally, I would have liked a little stronger motivation added in. Maybe start there but then lose someone or have something happen that Barry didn't prevent and that was the final straw, etc.

In Season 1 Thawne made it seem a little deeper the whole "it doesn't matter now" and "nothing is forgiven" lines when Barry is in a coma...

and now it was just that he couldn't be Barry? Really? That was kind of a let down.

2) and then the Caitlin/Jay thing. The doctor is missing, etc... stuff is going on and the main thing they have her worried about is where is Jays doppleganger and him?

I mean, I get it. They're pushing that relationship, its whatever. But as a former colleague just got kidnapped they are going to throw in that no, its not her that Caitlin's worried about that Barry senses but rather Jay. Because, #reasons.

3) While the scene on the train was certainly very well done and emotional... does EVERYONE have to know? We're basically half way thru season 2 and literally, there is no one save the captain from Season 1 who doesn't know.

At some point he might not even want to wear the mask.
Old 01-27-2016, 07:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

new thread
Old 01-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
1) While true to the comic story, the hatred the RF had for Barry was all because he couldn't be him?

I mean... ok. Sure, that could have been part of it but personally, I would have liked a little stronger motivation added in. Maybe start there but then lose someone or have something happen that Barry didn't prevent and that was the final straw, etc.

In Season 1 Thawne made it seem a little deeper the whole "it doesn't matter now" and "nothing is forgiven" lines when Barry is in a coma...

and now it was just that he couldn't be Barry? Really? That was kind of a let down.
i totally get what you mean, by that i was also dissapointed, i was like WHAT thats the only reason, wooooow kind of ridicilous really so yeah wpuld have loved some more depth also

i also was a bit hmm, she is worried about Jay when he former colleague is missing, that doesnt make sence i mean his disease can wait one day or some hours or am i to harsh?
Old 01-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

no, not at all regarding Caitlin, IMO... and I love Caitlin.

But this season outside of a moment here or there... has basically a 180 from where she ended Season 1.

And sure, you can make the case that she lost Ronnie for that... and I'd buy that to a degree.

But IDK... as I've said before, almost nothing that happened with her in Season 1 has had any carry over to Season 2 except for Ronnie's death and even that didn't get much play outside of 2x01 until now.

She's just... there. I don't know if they have a plan for the character or not, etc... but this season she's just kind of been there...

I'm just saying. Considering for the most part she's the only "core" character to not have a story line other than a new love interest that we know of this season.

Literally everyone else has and sometimes had that story line plus a new love interest.

and again, I'll be incredibly surprised if she's not a regular and around in Season 3 but something about that just strikes me as odd. If there were more than one I'd probably not think anything of it. but she is literally the ONLY ONE

Barry: patty, dealing with RF fall out, Zoom, Wally to a degree maybe too...
Iris: Wally, a new boss, little more look at journalism, hints for WA? IDK
Joe: Closure with Francine, trying to connect to Wally, etc.
Cisco: Development of his powers, Kendra, etc.
Caitlin: Jay Garrick. And........ an evil twin in an alternate planet? So someone not really her as a character but her double?

I mean unless something else happens in the back end of 2B which will be loaded with Wally, Zoom, Wells betrayal, the attempt to save Jay...

I don't know that they'll have time or would spend the time

so like I said... that just seems odd to me. That out of everyone of the "regulars" in both Season 1 and Season 2 largely - you've been given the least back story or plot development in some ways. And what was done in Season 1 apparently has been thrown out the window in Season 2 or repeated a little bit with a minor change (Ronnie to Jay)

that's why I'm only 95% convince she's back as a regular in Season 3. Because that just seems odd to me. Two years in a row and you repeat the same story line with her in Season 1 more or less that you did in Season 2 - with some changes, yes, but the overall shape and scope is the same - and the person is a regular on the show? I saw that happen on other shows and generally speaking that person either died at some point, opposed to the main character or left the show