Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2016, 03:53 AM
Master Fan

I don't think there is another break before Xmas.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:16 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, the show already went on hiatus for the elections. No more breaks until Christmas
Old 11-16-2016, 12:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

Woo hoo than
Old 11-16-2016, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh nice. Thanks for the info!
Old 11-17-2016, 05:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

very much appreciated
Old 11-17-2016, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

The ending of the last episode confused me. What happened to Wally??
Old 11-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
Haven't seen it yet but i heard q lot of fans are confused or upset
Old 11-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well it was a weird ending.
Old 11-19-2016, 12:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Well it was a weird ending.
Eww i dont like that
Old 11-19-2016, 04:07 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
He's turning into a butterfly The rock gave him his Kid Flash powers. When he "wakes up" he'll leave behind a husk similar to the ones Julian is analyzing.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Interesting transformation. I thought so; just don't quite get the way he's transforming, lol.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

3x07: Killer Frost
22nd November 2016

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:

KEVIN SMITH DIRECTS; KILLER FROST EMERGES — Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) uses her powers to save Barry (Grant Gustin) but as her mother predicted, the effort unleashes her inner Killer Frost. Killer Frost goes on a rampage looking for Dr. Alchemy, kidnapping Julian (Tom Felton) and battling both The Flash and Vibe (Carlos Valdes). Meanwhile, Joe (Jesse L. Martin) and H.R. (Tom Cavanagh) have a heart to heart talk. Kevin Smith directed the episode with story by Judalina Neira and teleplay by Andrew Kreisberg & Brooke Roberts (#307). Original airdate 11/22/2016.

PROMO

JOIN US BEFORE, DURING & AFTER FOR EPISODE DISCUSSION

- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine
to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or
performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do
the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss
and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler
before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode
Old 11-22-2016, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

well... this is a really tough episode for me to break down. there were parts that I loved with a capital L... there were parts I disliked and there were moments inbetween.

overall, I thought it was a good episode.

More disappointed now that apparently the KF arc is over already a lot more after tonight. THIS was more in line with the KF from E-2 I thought we were going to be getting last year.

In terms of powers anyways - the ice breath, the making the road icy so Barry would slip, etc... she seemed to have a better understanding of what she was capable of than the E-2 version did. The whole scene with the dude in his house and what not. This is what more of what I expected from last year's E-2 Killer Frost.

Loved Caitlin and Cisco at times both laying some hard truths on Barry and Barry kind of accepting the fact.

The scene where he told KF / Caitlin to hill him if she wanted to leave was awesome iMO. One of my favorites of the season. Maybe more.

some really good emotional stuff - liked Iris point on how always playing the what if game never leads to anything good. It'd be nice if Barry didn't need quite as many pick me ups but i give him a mulligan here because two of his best friends were super pissed at him and blaming him for what was happening, etc.

it also brings up the idea that Caitlin maybe was effected after all by the particle acclerator? which had been ruled out but maybe not...

---------

now to the middle.

Julian = Alchemy is no surprise. and while him forcing Barry to quit was kind of

liked Joe in this one. could kind of feel his angst and pain regarding Wally.

Wally being back to normal - or so it seems - kind of predictable. seriously, can they not let something last more than an episode?

at least the stuff about people not wanting to help Caitlin were more or less over blown. It wasn't as bad as it was made out to be.

now that we've had a team flash team up it's going to bad hard for me to see Cisco just sit there and do nothing. Sure, Caitlin might have a reason not to use her powers. But what's the excuse for Cisco to keep sitting on his a**?

I like Wells in this new role more and more.

----------------

i get it and while i liked the emotional levity of the moment, having Cisco mad at Barry again - after starting the year off that way - is a little tiring.

the whole kiss....I mean... sure, it kind of fits with the whole kF thing and kevin smith referenced Batman / Catomwan in Batman returns....but being the 2nd time its happened where the character's have kissed and one of them hasn't been "themselves"... its shipper bait and I'm not a fan. i know its how shows operate. i get that. just stating my personal dislike of it is all. if it had more context in the show as in it was sooner after 1x19 etc... then i might not consider it such slash. but its not...

i had no problem with the leg kick or another unitl it was clear that cisco wasn't going to aprehend her until something else happend and i had a feeling what that was going to be pretty darn quick.

am I going to stop watching? no. did it bring back a couple old feelings? maybe. but not enough to see it wasn't just ship bait that much like 1x19 was not going anywhere and was just a random scene that worked largely in the context of the fight in the street and the character of killer frost in question.

-----

in the end I liked the episode. A lot. It's one I'll probably rewatch....

but more out of ... nostalgia / sadness than enjoyment at times. Letting KF out - and to a degree letter Vibe out - was a nice addition to the show. People were out of their boxes. And i just feel like the show is missing an opportunity by making KF turn back into Caitlin and stick around. Here's what honestly I would have loved to have seen...

after Caitlin broke down and hugged Barry, have her do kind of what Julian did and say that she was going to help them, but then they had to let her go. So we still get the nice scene, then there's the whole group finding a way to help Wally, then she's gone - at least for a little while. you still could have had Barry quit to protect her - though admittedly that would not have had the same impact in my scenario.

but that gives the show real consequences for what happened, lets the hero of the show reach his friend and appeal to their humanity and save his brother but at the same time lose his job and have someone walk away from him. so ups and downs. IDK.

----

again, really enjoyed the episode. and am perfectly okay being in the minority in that view if that's how it ends up breaking down. butt here were things that IMO could have been done better or not done at all that might have made it get a little higher grade from me. again, just iMO

----

bottom line is this... after tonight....

give me Killer Frost over Caitlin. Still love Caitlin. But there's potential ... well, gold / good stuff with KF that to me, Caitlin's just not going to compete with. And I don't want her as a hero - at least not right away. Sympathetic villain or frenemy kind of character who sometimes does bad stuff... and occasionally lends an assist. i ate up the interactions she had with people more as KF... Her "you brought your toys" to Cisco about had me dying... where was that with Reverb?

Last edited by bonnie51; 11-22-2016 at 07:53 PM
Old 11-23-2016, 10:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
at least the stuff about people not wanting to help Caitlin were more or less over blown. It wasn't as bad as it was made out to be.
I was SO relieved I watched the episode after reading other people's posts. If anyone had confirmed that Iris was gonna be the "skeptical" one I wouldn't have watched it

I liked Killer Frost Bummed that the sweet Caitlin/Iris moment was cut

A Flash/Vibe/Caitlin Frost team up is what nightmares are made of. Not a fan

People were expecting Cisco to be the one to break through to Frost but I knew they were gonna throw the SB fandom a bone

I saw the kiss as a homage to the comics, not shipper bait. Is it even a kiss when there's no emotion, no intensity, no passion but just a desire to kill? It was more like a Dementor kiss. At least in S1 Caitlin kissed the shapeshifter back...

I didn't like that Barry referred to Caitlin and Cisco as his best friends. Now that Iris is his gf she can't be his BFF anymore?

Barry to Iris: You're my life!

Me:

Barry:...and Joe, and Wally, and Caitlin, and Cisco, etc.

Me:

Not that they're not important and that he doesn't love them but they could have kept it as a WA moment!

I hated Julian blackmailing Barry like that but at the same time I can understand his viewpoint. I still don't believe he's Alchemy...
Old 11-23-2016, 11:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
People were expecting Cisco to be the one to break through to Frost but I knew they were gonna throw the SB fandom a bone
He'd be my first choice too. Barry and Cait have a history as well but not that kind of connection as Cisco and her...but yeah, shipbaiting at its best...

Quote:
I saw the kiss as a homage to the comics, not shipper bait. Is it even a kiss when there's no emotion, no intensity, no passion but just a desire to kill? It was more like a Dementor kiss. At least in S1 Caitlin kissed the shapeshifter back...
Yes, no baiting here, I agree. It's even been said by KS that he wanted to do a homage to the comics where KF uses the frost kiss to kill people. Here she was trying to do exactly that and not make babies with The Flash.

Quote:
I didn't like that Barry referred to Caitlin and Cisco as his best friends. Now that Iris is his gf she can't be his BFF anymore?
Well I think she is still his BFF, like #1 but on top of this she is also his girlfriend and the love of his life. Cisco and Cait are different kind of best friends. And also I would actually put Cisco a little bit higher than Snow when it comes to friendship with Barry.

Quote:

Barry to Iris: You're my life!
Me:
Barry:...and Joe, and Wally, and Caitlin, and Cisco, etc.
Me:

Not that they're not important and that he doesn't love them but they could have kept it as a WA moment!
Same! Like the same exact reaction. And I understand what he meant, that he has other prorities in his life now and not everything revolves around that lab anymore BUT I agree the wording could be a bit different. Like he could say "You are my life, Iris. And I have other people more important to me than this job and I would give up everything I have to keep you all safe. No regrets"

Quote:
I hated Julian blackmailing Barry like that but at the same time I can understand his viewpoint.
Well he accused Barry of having his moral compasss broken but his own is ok even though he blackmails people. Mhnnn...I hated that moment. I mean I know people say Barry was barely at that lab recently anyway but still there's so much history there and before anyone and anything else, he was a CSI at CCPD. It's been such an integral part of his character so when Julian said: "quit", man, that hurt a bit. but hey, at least we won't have to wonder anymore why he's not there as much as he should be.

Do we think they will give him some other job? Like I srsly have no thought about that. I mean TF is a full time job anyway but...

Quote:
I still don't believe he's Alchemy...
First of all, this "reveal" was so anticlimatic for me. Like I said: Really? That's it? And taking how Julian being Alchemy was almost carved in stone by the fans and prolly barely anyone was surprised, I think there is more there than meets the eye. Plus people say the Alchemy is not even a one person but a vessel for Savitar's actions...