Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2016, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

yeh really poor barry
Old 05-23-2016, 05:09 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)
yeh really poor barry
Yep popr thing I think it makes it worse that he didnt soend a lot of time with him this season thats worse
Old 05-23-2016, 04:52 PM
Extreme Fan

Old 05-24-2016, 03:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Thank cant believe its the final already
Old 05-24-2016, 04:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

2x23: The Race of His Life
25th May 2016

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:

When Zoom finally reveals his true plan,
Barry Is more determined than ever to stop him.

PROMO

JOIN US BEFORE, DURING & AFTER FOR EPISODE DISCUSSION

- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine
to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or
performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do
the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss
and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler
before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode
Old 05-24-2016, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

its going to be crazy
Old 05-24-2016, 04:27 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)
its going to be crazy
I know and we all know there wil l be a shocking cliffhanger
Old 05-24-2016, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

holy freaking crap. they did it. I cannot believe these SOB's actually did it!

Flash Point.... ladies (and gentlemen, just in case) has come. (I think)

HOLY FREAKING CRAP
Old 05-25-2016, 03:48 AM
Supreme Fan

^ I owe you an apology. I was 100% certain Caitlin's kidnapping would have led to Killer Frost but I was wrong. It just resulted in a PTSD case that gets resolved in one episode Even if we get Killer Frost in S3 it would be because of time travel so the whole arc with Zoom was actually pointless. My bad, I gave the writers too much credit as usual.

How does Flashpoint end? Does Barry get back to the exact moment he left before screwing up the timeline or what? Are the events that happened up to this point lost forever? It seems too drastic, especially considering the impact this will have on all their shows.
Old 05-25-2016, 04:45 AM
Master Fan

not needed but thanks. I had hoped for that so that the kidnapping actually would have made sense and had a point - but I knew it wasn't likely they were going to do KF. I mean, they out right said it wasn't on the table so ...

and I kind of owe you one too. I never thought they would do it to WA fans AGAIN... well, not twice in the first two seasons. Where Barry would time travel - this time on purpose - and erase what happened with them. Or at least seem to. Maybe it won't. IDK. If they are doing the complete Flash Point paradox arc, then it will.

more or less, it basically leads to New 52 series when Barry gets back. When he is trying to return to the time before going back to save his mom because Pandora, whose an immortal god / being basically, merges the three worlds / universes together - and creates a new one. Barry retains his memories of the alternate time line and goes back in time to where its SIMIlLAR to what happened before Flash Point but its not entirely the same. So its basically new 52, etc.

I still can't believe they did it right now. I mean... at some point, sure, OK, I can believe it. But right now? To make almost everything pointless? To once again erase - apparently - what happened with WA?

I'll say this... either they are planning on having their be some kind of great pay off when they do actually get together - or they don't know if they want them together in the end. and if the latter is the case, fine, they have that right IMO. But stop messing with people and the fans. Its not right, IMO, to do that last night. Not for the second time in two seasons, not in the exact same way, etc. Just like I'd be pissed if they had another every man moment or some kind of evil clone of Barry kissed Caitlin again etc.... - its not good to me.

There had been a steady build up - the zoom SL arc with Caitlin even when he was Jay was always kind of off point IMO and not really well written so while I am mad that it ultimately meant nothing - I can't say I'm surprised because it was so randomly written it seemed. Barry and Iris since E-2 especially were more or less well written and you could see where it was going, it was largely linear and there needed to be more of a payoff than what there was. Maybe they will have a epic one after Flash point, etc, IDK... but it just feels wrong to me. Makes me feel kind of dirty.

because for the second time - maybe even more than the first season - the show teased and lead down a path to something and then was like - nope! time travel bitches! - so IDK how y'all feel about that but it really bothers me right now.

I give them some credit for being ballsy enough to think they might be able to do Flash point. That's incredibly ambitious and shows they aren't playing around and are playing to win, etc. But on the same end - if you want to break them up, then break them up. If you want them to be together, then have them be together. I don't really care at this point one way or the other... but stop teasing and stop erasing part of the story to start over in some ways.

that's why I didn't think they'd do Flash Point so soon. I figured we'd get some kind of happy ending or something. Not only that... but what the hell was the point of 2x21 now and Barry accepting his mom's death? I know his dad died in 2x22 and all that - but he's STILL dead in Flash Point.

So not paying off WA to me for the 2nd time in two seasons, having Caitlin's SL arc turn out to be about as pointless as I feared, and potentially making the first two seasons mean nothing - depending on how you viewed the death / disappearance of Barry's time remnant - I just don't know.

On the one hand, I'm intrigued by the idea of Flash Point and how it might look.

On the other hand... i like a good story and for there to be a good story I need more payoff than what I got last night for some big characters / arcs. I need some time to think about S3 and some time for Berlanti and Crew to talk more about what exactly they are planning.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:24 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
I'll say this... either they are planning on having their be some kind of great pay off when they do actually get together - or they don't know if they want them together in the end.
I suppose there will be a pay off and they'll be together...in the last episode of the last season. In the meanwhile they can waste time on Barry dating boring, bland and childish Felicity knock-offs

If you say that Flashpoint leads to the New 52 then get ready for Barry/Patty 2.0

I'm trying to stay optimistic for the time being but as soon as I hear spoilers about Barry getting another LI you can be sure I won't be coming back for S3. As I have said before, 2A burned me too much.
Old 05-25-2016, 05:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

so did we like the episode? i havent seen it yet i need to download it
Old 05-25-2016, 06:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I suppose there will be a pay off and they'll be together...in the last episode of the last season. In the meanwhile they can waste time on Barry dating boring, bland and childish Felicity knock-offs

Yeah. that might be right, sadly. which is nothing but a damn shame. all differences in opinion aside, the Barry/Iris story deserves to be told and told better than that.

I'm more flexible on the end point than you are but their story deserves far better treatment than that

Quote:
If you say that Flashpoint leads to the New 52 then get ready for Barry/Patty 2.0
It more or less does. Because Pandora merges the universes to create a new one when Barry goes back in time, basically.

I'm going to try to be optimistic that they won't do Patty 2.0 because ugh.....

and please, no LI for Barry in Flash point - at least to start. PLEASE. I'd say the same for Iris, Caitlin, Cisco, etc... I know its the CW and a little agains the comic story line but seriously, what's wrong with having some very attractive 20 year olds be single for a while?

why is that a bad thing?

Quote:
I'm trying to stay optimistic for the time being but as soon as I hear spoilers about Barry getting another LI you can be sure I won't be coming back for S3. As I have said before, 2A burned me too much.
Understood. That might oddly enough be a breaking point for me too depending on how they did it. And 2A was not good and considering they repeated 1x15 with the finale and then did kind of SL Iris again in 2x22... the worry/fear is very real, I'm afraid.

Right now I'm torn between being pissed about Caitlin's arc being what I feared - and intrigued about Flash Point. Because like you said even if she is KF - its not earned, its just another cheap knock off where its an UA one.

If she's Caitlin and doesn't know Barry and we get to see him work to build relationships back with Iris, Cisco, Caitlin, etc... that might be interesting to see how desperate he is to bring those people back into his life. That could be interesting, on paper, IMO.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i was dissapointed a bit not to rant, but yeah i agree caitlins kidnapping didnt make any sence cause her PTSD went over in one episode, which for me is weird

ooh yeah and zoom died , no suprise there, OH and WA broken up again cause he travelled back in time AGAIN.

So yeah okay the most best thing about the episode was really the cliffhanger i was like ooooooh wha4t will happen now, will it affect the timeline or not? as usual

i will see how season 3 goes, i hope it will be better though

ooh i was suprised that jay garrick actually was barrys dads dobbelganger
sad we didnt see more to him, and now jessie and wells are gone for good or?
Old 05-25-2016, 09:21 AM
Master Fan

yeah, the thing with him, Wells and Jessie... its hard to say without knowing more about Season 3?

I was feeling OK bout season 3 if they were all gone - not that they'd like TC to leave of course lol -

but it'd open up time for new characters and better development / spacing, etc.

but now... who the heck knows?

Zoom isn't dead... what I think is he's on his way to becoming the Black Flash. Which is a terrifying thought because the Black Flash basically = Death. As in, the Black Flash is death. and he appears to speedsters in the moment of their death and pulls them into the speed force. basically, a newer, stronger version of time wraiths in some sense. Wally only defeated it by running to the end of time where death had no meaning