Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2016, 05:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

The Flash S2 Episode Discussion • 2x23: The Race of His Life ( final episode )

2x19 : Back to Normal
26th April 2016

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:

Griffin Grey, a meta-human with super strength, mistakes Harry for Earth-1 Harrison Wells,
kidnaps him and demands that Wells cure him from his current condition.
Realizing another brilliant Wells could help track Griffin's location, Barry asks Jesse to help.
Meanwhile, Wally corners Joe about The Flash.

PROMO

JOIN US BEFORE, DURING & AFTER FOR EPISODE DISCUSSION

- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine
to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or
performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do
the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss
and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler
before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode

Last edited by Summer Falls; 05-24-2016 at 04:03 AM
Old 04-29-2016, 09:06 AM
Master Fan

sometimes I really think the writers might not watch their own show.

Joe said that without Barry's speed they couldn't even make it through the breach....

ahem. but Wells made it thru the breach? and he has no powers - at least, that we know of. and Grodd was sucked thru as well - now, a meta human - and big a** gorilla - but not super speed.

so at worst... Cisco could have done it. now, I'm sure they meant that they couldn't bet Zoom, but they could have made it thru the breach
Old 04-30-2016, 04:06 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)

Joe said that without Barry's speed they couldn't even make it through the breach....

ahem. but Wells made it thru the breach? and he has no powers - at least, that we know of. and Grodd was sucked thru as well - now, a meta human - and big a** gorilla - but not super speed.

so at worst... Cisco could have done it. now, I'm sure they meant that they couldn't bet Zoom, but they could have made it thru the breach
i agree i think the writers sometimes just dont remeber what they write
Old 04-30-2016, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
glad im not the only one thinking this
Old 05-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
i agree, and that just seems really weird to me. maybe if they watched their own show the continuity and everything would be better lol
Old 05-02-2016, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
i agree, and that just seems really weird to me. maybe if they watched their own show the continuity and everything would be better lol
iyts true if they watched it bwfore they aired it ;D
Old 05-02-2016, 03:41 AM
Moderator Support Team

I feel that each episode is written from a different person which makes sense but it need to flow
Old 05-03-2016, 05:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

2x20 : Rapture
4th May 2016

EPISODE DESCRIPTION:

Back on Earth-1, Zoom is intent on taking over Central City;
Barry and Wellsdevise a dangerous plan to stop Zoom for good;
Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice.

PROMO

JOIN US BEFORE, DURING & AFTER FOR EPISODE DISCUSSION

- Be respectful. Not everyone is going to agree with you at all times. It’s perfectly fine
to disagree with someone as long as it is done respectfully.

- No character/actor bashing. You can express your opinions on a certain character or
performance, but please keep in mind that these are real people who are trying to do
the best with what they are given, so please keep things civil.

- Links to illegal links to downloads or live streams are not allowed here. You can discuss
and share these links only through PM's.

- With the exception of promos and episode stills, everything else is considered a spoiler
before the episode airs.

- HAVE FUN watching and discussing the episode
Old 05-03-2016, 06:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

I stated that about Wells a while back thinking why does he need Barry to get him through when he did before? making me think there more to Wells that even evil men love their children.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Moderator Support Team

Wells is unique didnt zoom help him get through?
Old 05-03-2016, 03:53 PM
Extreme Fan

Old 05-03-2016, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

better than last week, IMO. still didn't quite enjoy it a lot. enjoyed some, enjoyed the ending...

A) I know its not comic canon but do like Wally and Jessie

B) Always good to see Henry

C) Iris and Barry were good.

D) Liked Cisco and his brother

E) Liked Wells.

so thats the positive.

- Rupture was a complete disappointment

- Somehow the risk of a particle acclerator is greater than Zoom.... sure. ok. kinda dumb but why not. sure. cause he'll just go away if you close your eyes and say three hail mary's.

- has to be the most a** backwards and pointless kidnapping I've ever seen on television

A) Not only does no one care seemingly - if Zoom never came I got the impression that they were just going to go on with their lives

B) and because no one cares, no one is even trying to save Caitlin.

C) which is really sad because apparently they are counting on her - the kidnapped victim of a socio path and mass serial killer - to save their asses.

D) so in a way... they are sacrificing her to Zoom. Which is what I wanted to happen when Barry showed up at the end - I wish he would have said something like "we won't try" and she could have heard because then maybe

we'd get her in Season 3 as a real villainous Killer Frost who tries to kick all the ass and is rightfully pissed off to the extreme.

but instead we'll probably just get sad, down trodden Caitlin and everyone will act all happy that she's back when the truth is none of them really gave a damn when push came to shove.

got 3 episodes left as it didn't do anything to really change my mindset that S2 will likely be my last. I just can't get over what they have done to a character who allegedly was important to the show. It'd be one thing if they were tried and failed and she wasn't aware that they even tried and became vengeful and what not. that would be fine with me. that might be worth watching.

but these last two episodes? I think they've broken me.maybe the break between seasons 2 and 3 would be enough time for it to be better and bring me back IDK... but right now?

Where we have Cisco say "she's scared but fine"

and then tonight literally the only play her being kidnapped was Iris wondering why she was there and then Joe saying that Caitlin would stop Zoom from killing people by being the Zoom whisperer because you know.... being dragged through universes by a psychotic person who cares about you in a derranged manner is just fine and aww shucks...

maybe if she becomes Killer Frost by the end of Season 2 and is pissed.... that would cause me possibly tune in for Season 3. Or if she died. Because then I could enjoy the other parts of the show and not always be reminded of how they basically made someone replaceable and irrleveant in the scope of a season and the amount of effort they put in was like " hey, we're basically going to say her name a few times and call it a day"

Last edited by bonnie51; 05-04-2016 at 05:14 AM
Old 05-04-2016, 01:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

soo is barry dead ? i know that jesse and wally will become speedsters now cause the bolt hit them, maybe they have some of barry in them, and maybe the show will continue with them instead? well thats my biggest fear really :eek
Old 05-04-2016, 05:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)
soo is barry dead ? i know that jesse and wally will become speedsters now cause the bolt hit them, maybe they have some of barry in them, and maybe the show will continue with them instead? well thats my biggest fear really :eek
Haven't seen the episode yet bu i saw the trailer and barrys not dead could you imagine? .. but it makes sense if they want jessie and wally to have powers but i dont get the point of everyone having the ability of speed ? Barry on his own his unquie i know in the comics its meant to happen but i still dont see why?

Now it jusy means there will be more.meta humans
Old 05-04-2016, 05:15 AM
Master Fan

nope. Barry's not dead. not at all. he is simply stuck inside of the speed force.

which is interesting because comically speaking, Barry is the speed force.

the ending really improved the episode IMO because Zoom appears to have stopped being just a little lovesick puppy and went back to being a villain. it would have served them right if he had killed captain singh cause they were all being really dumb imo but I'm glad that he didn't.

and i mean, I don't know for a fact that the show was intending this to work this way - and maybe it was IDK for sure - but after Iris' confession - the timing was interesting in that I think was when Barry decided finally not to do the PA attempt to get his powers back? so was that intended to be a defacto Barry choosing Iris over his powers and trying to save the city/caitlin/ stop Zoom? if I am remembering the timing correctly? That's how I took it, I just don't know if that was what the show intended for sure but I'm leaning in that direction

and i do think something is going to happen with henry - probably death - but something regarding the line about his mom's maiden name will come up - i doubt that is just a red herring this season

Last edited by bonnie51; 05-04-2016 at 05:37 AM