Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2016, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I'm not a comic purist but if in doing your own thing you take a character and make him/her worse compared to the source material then the solution is simple...stick to the comics!
Yeah. I mean, don't get me wrong, there was a lot that about her that had to do with Barry. But her character grew beyond that IMO. I mean, I can't speak for all comic readers, etc... but I doubt that Iris and Barry would have been so popular if all her character was about was Barry. It was at times but it was more than that IMO - or at least, that's how I always took it.

Quote:
I've heard people complain that both Joe and the S.T.A.R. Labs crew are the reason why Iris can't be the dynamic character that in the comics used to work on cases with Barry. Do you agree with this?
I have seen that argument as well and I am torn... because on the one hand, I can see the basis of the argument in that with their love of science on the show and Star Labs being the epicenter of sorts - I can see that to a degree.

Again, I think it comes down to having writers who can find balance - which is likely looking for too much since they struggle writing characters who have balance between being a LI and having their own character independent of said LI, etc. - but I think with the right writing team it could be possible to have Star Labs but a more involved and engaging and dynamic Iris.

Joe.... I can see from a comic POV because he was never as front as center in my memory in he comics as he is here. And with his bond with Barry there is a chance that maybe the writers give him a heart to heart that might go to iris otherwise? I don't know the answer to that. I think it might be possible. And if there was no Joe, is there a chance that we'd see more of Iris the reporter? Again, possible? I don't know how likely that it is.

I think the best chance without removing too many characters is to slow down the expansion of the universe and focus more on relationships, and character development in Season 3, maybe early season 4. Introduce a few new people but pick and choose spots a little more and tie the characters individual arcs a little better to each other.

Quote:
Do you really think there will be a season of Caitlin? They can't write half a story that's about her, I certainly don't see her being front and center for multiple episodes.
Lol, yeah, Season was the wrong word. Because I completely agree. Apparently they think she and her mom will interact in Season 3, etc.... kind of like with Iris, I'd like to believe that they would finally do something for her and her character alone - at least mostly - but I am skeptical. I'll believe it when I see it...

and I swear to cheese...if they bring Charlie and some kind lost sibling arc that KF mentioned and turn it into a discount Wally West - that will be worse than the line from the last episode. People don't need brothers they never knew about popping into the show.

Quote:
This is good news to me but I get the skepticism, especially after how they've handled the Iris/Francine/Wally arc.
I agree. I'll believe it when and if I see it. More likely its a an episode or two and by the end of the episode it becomes about Barry or someone else, etc.

Quote:
Maybe we need an apposite thread to rant. I'm sorry for bringing all this negativity here

maybe. Not sure if it comes down to a new thread or the season discussion thread?
Old 04-28-2016, 11:22 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I'm not a comic purist but if in doing your own thing you take a character and make him/her worse compared to the source material then the solution is simple...stick to the comics!

I've heard people complain that both Joe and the S.T.A.R. Labs crew are the reason why Iris can't be the dynamic character that in the comics used to work on cases with Barry. Do you agree with this?

Do you really think there will be a season of Caitlin? They can't write half a story that's about her, I certainly don't see her being front and center for multiple episodes.

This is good news to me but I get the skepticism, especially after how they've handled the Iris/Francine/Wally arc.

Maybe we need an apposite thread to rant. I'm sorry for bringing all this negativity here
Its ok hun i like the idea of a ranting thread humm
Old 04-28-2016, 10:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Maybe a Comic/tv show diskussion thread
Old 04-29-2016, 02:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)
Maybe a Comic/tv show diskussion thread
Oh i always thought about a comic one
Old 04-29-2016, 05:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

New thread