Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2016, 06:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

bonnie51 - oh as mentioned in another thread, i can see it now when u explain it now thats true. i just wished it came off like that on screen or im just to greedy or something

ssclarke - woaaah what an promo
will take my thoughts about it over in the spoilers thread
Old 01-28-2016, 06:59 AM
Master Fan

yeah. perhaps they could have done it better but I do think that is what they were going for or that was how I interrpreted it.

I took from the earlier scenes of Barry, a relatively gentle person, wanting to kill Thawne and only barely stopping, along with everything else in their history.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:47 AM
Loyal Fan

take over how?
because Wally is more popular. I am being bias here but I only got interested in watching The Flash because of Grant and to me it seems like Cisco Killerfrost and coffee slurping gets more attention. They have taken the good heart as Joe called him the light, and made him into a killing and almost killed RF without showing any remorse mind you I had no problem with him killing sand demon. I also wish they would of showed more of him giving Iris comfort while she struggled with her feeling about her mother. now about the episode Bonnie51 after I read your post about the hesitation. I watched the episode again I agree with you, I am not happy about Barry saying he loses people he loves I only wanted him and Patty to be just workplace adorable buddies.
Old 01-28-2016, 09:55 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforshorttime (View Post)
take over how?
because Wally is more popular.
Where is Wally more popular? Lots of people are already over his attitude and attacked Wally for blaming Joe and snarking at him. Some are not sold on the actor, either.

I'd say comic!Wally is more popular than comic!Barry but this isn't the comics. In addition, people aren't fond of the New 52 version of Wally.

Even if S2 Barry is "darker" and more sad than S1 Barry Wally doesn't strike me as an acceptable replacement in terms of personality since he has his own issues as well. He's not a lighter character.

Quote:
I also wish they would of showed more of him giving Iris comfort while she struggled with her feeling about her mother.
I know I can't believe Francine is on her death bed and Barry and Iris never had a conversation about her. This is ridiculous and undermines their friendship.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Where is Wally more popular?
Yeah, I don't see that one either. Again, maybe comically? But not here.

Could that day come? Sure. But not yet.

Quote:
I know I can't believe Francine is on her death bed and Barry and Iris never had a conversation about her. This is ridiculous and undermines their friendship.
I'm with you all the way to the last part.

Simply because in the course of the episode... what chunk of time are we cutting out for that convo to happen?

I'd be all happy to sacrifice the Caitlin and Jay stuff so Barry and Iris could have that conversation but that's just me

Now if Patty was already gone .... again, then there's time.

But as I think back to the episode other than Patty already being gone or dropping the Caitlin/Jay stuff...

what are you taking out that furthered the story of that episode?

so in that regard while I completely agree it should have happened...with Patty still in the picture and them pushing Snow/Jay ... IDK what else you take out to give them time to have a emotional potentially multi-minute scene / conversation.
Old 01-28-2016, 11:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
take over how?
because Wally is more popular. I am being bias here but I only got interested in watching The Flash because of Grant and to me it seems like Cisco Killerfrost and coffee slurping gets more attention. They have taken the good heart as Joe called him the light, and made him into a killing and almost killed RF without showing any remorse mind you I had no problem with him killing sand demon. I also wish they would of showed more of him giving Iris comfort while she struggled with her feeling about her mother. now about the episode Bonnie51 after I read your post about the hesitation. I watched the episode again I agree with you, I am not happy about Barry saying he loses people he loves I only wanted him and Patty to be just workplace adorable buddies.
I don't think he is, and Barry shouldn't really feel remorse for his moms murderer.
Old 01-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scclarke (View Post)
I don't think he is, and Barry shouldn't really feel remorse for his moms murderer.
hey I never said remorse toward RF i just said he almost killed him. I'm talking about how he easily killed Atom smasher and Sand demon. but maybe I'm looking into to much. Yes I am talking about Wally in the comic and the media too
and it seems when people talk about or review they're like can't wait for Wally to become The Flash. some people are okay with the actor attitude because he's Wally West. I am looking forward to next weeks episode to see Wally and Barry interact.

Last edited by hereforshorttime; 01-28-2016 at 06:06 PM
Old 01-28-2016, 11:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

its true there arent loads of time for iris and barry to talk in this ep, to much happened my hrad almost exploded '

hmm i dont know if i like wally yet, need to see more of him to decide and i havent read the comics so '
Old 01-29-2016, 03:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidsdk (View Post)
its true there arent loads of time for iris and barry to talk in this ep, to much happened my hrad almost exploded '

hmm i dont know if i like wally yet, need to see more of him to decide and i havent read the comics so '
Yer i wish barry was with iris saying that is nice to have iris seperate to barry she needs her own storyline to but i do miss them 2 together

Barry this season is more darker he became the flash had fun than found out his idol killed his mother, had to fight him but lose cause well ronnie and eddie killed him not barry resulting in both thier deaths his not the same barry for sure .. but his growing as person still love barry but yer his not mr happt anymore

Again i doubt wally becoming the flash grant there to stay so yeye
Old 01-29-2016, 05:32 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
I'd be all happy to sacrifice the Caitlin and Jay stuff so Barry and Iris could have that conversation but that's just me
Jay and Caitlin traumatize you

I would have cut the WA scene altogether. Barry can't comfort Iris? Cut the scene where he learns that her mom is dying. Out of sight, out of mind. It was a pointless scene anyway whose only purpose was to show that Iris supports Barry/Patty. We.get.it. She ships it. I don't need to be reminded of that two episodes in a row They should have shown Joe having that conversation with only Iris and left Barry out of it.

I like Wally just fine but he doesn't seem to be a fan favorite with audience. Even if people want him to become the Flash it's not because they want a replacement for Barry, but because they're obsessed with characters having powers. That's why some consider Iris useless and don't give two damns about Caitlin unless she becomes Killer Frost. They probably want Wally to fight crime alongside Barry, not to replace him.
Old 01-29-2016, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

exactly
Old 01-29-2016, 07:46 AM
Loyal Fan

sorry scclarke I Did word it like remorse for RF, did not mean to.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think they would honestly, if I could believe it for a nanosecond, lol. From how it started to somehow where it is now - its like going A to Z without doing any of the letters inbetween IMO. And if there was more going on with Caitlin or Jay really, it also wouldn't seem so bad. But since for the most part their relationship sums up their development this season.....

Quote:

I would have cut the WA scene altogether. Barry can't comfort Iris? Cut the scene where he learns that her mom is dying. Out of sight, out of mind. It was a pointless scene anyway whose only purpose was to show that Iris supports Barry/Patty. We.get.it. She ships it. I don't need to be reminded of that two episodes in a row

Very good point, I can see that totally. I would agree 100%

Quote:
I like Wally just fine but he doesn't seem to be a fan favorite with audience. Even if people want him to become the Flash it's not because they want a replacement for Barry, but because they're obsessed with characters having powers. That's why some consider Iris useless and don't give two damns about Caitlin unless she becomes Killer Frost. They probably want Wally to fight crime alongside Barry, not to replace him.
sadly, this is probably very true. I know on Arrow there were at times people who didn't consider Diggle, Laurel, Felicity, etc.. any of them "super heroes or even " until they got mask and costumes, etc.

which was just really dumb to me, IMO. But yes I'm sure there are plenty of people who feel as you described, sadly.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:42 AM
Loyal Fan

when Wells said who wants a Belly Burger and Barry said I'm good I wanted to hit the screen what you just pushed RF in another time and your good. did he eat a big breakfast? I wanted him to eat Linda food feast and dessert in that zoom episode I want to see him eat.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:

I would have cut the WA scene altogether. Barry can't comfort Iris? Cut the scene where he learns that her mom is dying. Out of sight, out of mind. It was a pointless scene anyway whose only purpose was to show that Iris supports Barry/Patty. We.get.it. She ships it. I don't need to be reminded of that two episodes in a row They should have shown Joe having that conversation with only Iris and left Barry out of it.

true we need more barry being there for iris

do we even know if wally would get powers?