Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2016, 04:39 AM
Moderator Support Team

Barry Allen | Rants #1: Tell us how you feel.

It feels like there are a lot of things on this show that makes us as happy can make us equally upset. So, this is a thread where you get to vent out all of your frustrations about the show, the storylines and in general anything about the show that is just working your nerves.

Although we still love the show its just nice to get some things out and get it all out there in the open and see what everyone feels , its also a great way to focus all these rantings to one thread .

Here are simple guideline rules that everyone must follow.
  • Don't call other users out of their name because you do not agree. This is a rant thread, not everyone will agree. DO NOT bash a user over their ship preferences or how much they might like a certain character.

• Stay on topic with this show, it's a The Flash rant there, not another show. However, you can mention crossover shows if it pertains to something with The Flash .

• Actor/Actress bashing is a huge and will not be accepted. You should strictly stay on topic with the characters.
    • Don't go anti-discussion. For example, "I don't like the character." Is acceptable but, "I hate the character and wish he died." NOT acceptable
    • Same with shipping. For example, "I just don't like this ship, because ..... " Is acceptable.
    • "I hate this ship, and the fanbase for this ship is even worst." Not acceptable because you went on the disrespected the ship and called out an entire fanbase. You can talk about how much you dislike the way a couple is written or how dysfunctional (etc) the relationship is but know your limits.

• Be respectful and proceed to the ranting, we are here to discuss we are not here to offend anyone
Old 05-24-2016, 12:07 PM
Master Fan

the show's pretty good. but it'd be even better if it wasn't a copy and paste from Arrow. I mean, look at the end of season 2.

Slade kills Moira / Zoom kills Henry
Roy starts wanting to help the arrow / people = Wally.
Thea is seen more and more and slowly starts becoming a hero = Jessie?

Laurel has a rough year, does nothing and ends up being kidnapped a few times and Oliver tells Felicity Slade kidnapped the wrong person = Caitlin whose been kidnapped twice, the SL went no where really and they kind of just morphed past the caring she was gone or on her return really.

And it wasn't till Season 3 that LL kind of had more character development and drive, etc... just like supposedly Caitlin in Season 3. Plus there was a Black Canary before her (Sara) who was killed off and spurred her into becoming BC. Here on the Flash there was a Killer Frost who was killed off and now Caitlin may become KF in her place.

Slade unleashes an army of mirakuru people = Zoom unleashes army of meta humans

You had Brother Blood, Ravager and Crome Dome Cyrus Gold = Reverb, Death Storm, Black Siren and Killer Frost.

Slade threatens Olivers family / Thea = Zoom threatening the West's / Wally

Cisco = some combination of Felicity and Diggle. Where not as big bro ish as Diggle was with Oliver, the bro vibe is there.

Season 2 or somewhere in there Arrow said Felicity was Oliver's light or some such drama.

Season 2 of the Flash has established Iris as the lightening rod etc.

Malcolm = TC's characters. Kind of a mentor, kind of a anti-hero / dickish character.

Slade wants to corrupt those that followed Oliver (Roy) = Zoom telling Caitlin to unlock the Darkness

Slade wanted to take those that loved Oliver away = Zoom targeting his family, killing his dad, etc.

Slade planned on sticking on arrow into Olivers eye / kill him at the end = Zoom wants to destroy planets / kill Barry ultimately.

sure, there are some differences and all in all its still plenty good but there are quite a few parallels / similarities - almost to the point if you changed the Title to Arrow 2.0... it'd probably be about right

Last edited by bonnie51; 05-24-2016 at 12:13 PM
Old 05-24-2016, 02:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

Thanks bonnie i totally agree with tbe Caitlin/Laurel thing thats 100% true
Old 05-25-2016, 07:54 AM
Loyal Fan

I'm glad I stopped watching The Flash and all the stuff on tumblr proves it, I hate myself for getting into. I just feel like Grant got played . that Iris will be with Eddie because appartently cause Rick is so much better looking and yeah I never wanted to see Flashpoint because it made Barry look like a selfish brat. I now know why Greg Berlanti chose Grant. and now I don't have a happy place to got to. thank you for this rant page
Old 05-25-2016, 08:37 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforshorttime (View Post)
I'm glad I stopped watching The Flash and all the stuff on tumblr proves it, I hate myself for getting into. I just feel like Grant got played . that Iris will be with Eddie because appartently cause Rick is so much better looking and yeah I never wanted to see Flashpoint because it made Barry look like a selfish brat. I now know why Greg Berlanti chose Grant. and now I don't have a happy place to got to. thank you for this rant page
im sorry that you dont enjoy it anymore . wish it was different but Barry side its a bit strange . but i think Grant still ok though
Old 05-25-2016, 08:42 AM
Master Fan

not sure what's strange about it?

and I don't know how he got played? Grant said himself he wanted to do Flash Point and I don't know how someone thinking Rick is better looking has anything to do with it?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:45 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)

and I don't know how he got played? Grant said himself he wanted to do Flash Point and I don't know how someone thinking Rick is better looking has anything to do with it?
do we know that his back for sure ? or good?
Old 05-25-2016, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

i have no idea. people are speculating. but regardless... GG still wanted to do it. and I don't think he got played or anything like that. anyone who knows the Flash's story knows this is part of it
Old 05-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
i have no idea. people are speculating. but regardless... GG still wanted to do it. and I don't think he got played or anything like that. anyone who knows the Flash's story knows this is part of it
I'm ranting he wanted to do it because its popular. I can't really say he got played its just that West-Allen doesn't seem to work and they are going the Wally West and Jay Garrick so someone( Barry) had to be the person to change the time-line.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'm ranting he wanted to do it because its popular. I can't really say he got played its just that West-Allen doesn't seem to work and they are going the Wally West and Jay Garrick so someone( Barry) had to be the person to change the time-line.
Ok yer barrys getting the backlash yes

But does anyone follow the comics? Isnt that how the story meant to go in a way
Old 05-25-2016, 04:26 PM
Master Fan

yes, that's the way the story goes. though he visited his mom's grave and then goes off to change the past - I guess in this instance it was his dad's grave the spurred him into thinking about going back in time.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
yes, that's the way the story goes. though he visited his mom's grave and then goes off to change the past - I guess in this instance it was his dad's grave the spurred him into thinking about going back in time.
See than thats ok there is a path they are following which is good i dont like when it has no purposes like i watched the final of the arrow wasnt anything that good at least the flash made you feel something
Old 05-26-2016, 05:45 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

This is purely based on shipping and does not have to do with Flash point. me just being old fashioned and hating on that more people ship Barry (Grant with males) and Iris and Eddie(Candice and Rick are so cute together). They are pretty and Grant is corncob head and Barry is in love with everyone bull****.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:20 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
This is purely based on shipping and does not have to do with Flash point. me just being old fashioned and hating on that more people ship Barry (Grant with males) and Iris and Eddie(Candice and Rick are so cute together). They are pretty and Grant is corncob head and Barry is in love with everyone bull****.
Oh the shipping people are the worst i dont pay attention to that side
Old 05-26-2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Oh the shipping people are the worst i dont pay attention to that side
yeah me neither