Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

 
 
Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2016, 05:15 PM
  #31
Graphics Team

 
cry pretty's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 129,572
They are too confident that they don't feel the need to give us a tease.
__________________
oh, sweet erin. heaven gained a lovely angel.
don't give up on me. »
chasing the sun » 🎨
cry pretty is offline  
Old 12-10-2016, 02:49 AM
  #32
Master Fan

 
lafcia's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,452
How was it last season? I've read somewhere that after midseason finale they released a promo where they showed even more than scenes for 2x10 but for E2 episodes as well so it was more like: This season on The Flash than next episode of TF. Was it reallt like that?
__________________
.nika @ tumblr .nika @ twitter
distance can’t take what is hidden here safe in my chest.
lafcia is offline  
Old 12-10-2016, 03:46 AM
  #33
Supreme Fan

 
FireQueen's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,562
They released the promo for 2x10 soon after the midseason finale and a longer trailer with scenes from different episodes on December 23rd
__________________
Icon
Serena
FireQueen is offline  
Old 12-10-2016, 06:54 AM
  #34
Graphics Team

 
cry pretty's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 129,572
^ You have a great memory.
__________________
oh, sweet erin. heaven gained a lovely angel.
don't give up on me. »
chasing the sun » 🎨
cry pretty is offline  
Old 12-11-2016, 02:45 AM
  #35
Supreme Fan

 
FireQueen's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,562
I remember because when I saw the trailer with the E-2 footage it was Christmas Eve. I was like "Best Christmas gift ever!"
__________________
Icon
Serena
FireQueen is offline  
Old 12-11-2016, 05:34 AM
  #36
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 157,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I remember because when I saw the trailer with the E-2 footage it was Christmas Eve. I was like "Best Christmas gift ever!"
so true !!
__________________
"I'm not a witch, I'm a nerd.
And I know all the great centers of nerddom".
charlie bradbury
Summer Falls is offline  
Old 12-11-2016, 09:13 AM
  #37
Master Fan

 
lafcia's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 16,452
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
They released the promo for 2x10 soon after the midseason finale and a longer trailer with scenes from different episodes on December 23rd
Ohhhh so maybe we'll get a Xmas present this year as well? Fingers crossed.
__________________
.nika @ tumblr .nika @ twitter
distance can’t take what is hidden here safe in my chest.
lafcia is offline  
Old 12-11-2016, 09:16 AM
  #38
Master Fan

 
bonnie51's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,163
have to say... i'm not at the moment super looking forward to the second half.


1.
i feel like they really dropped t he ball with savitar. they took someone with a god complex and turned him into yet someone else whose made at barry because barry did XYZ.

maybe I'm alone but I think it would have been more interesting in dealing with him as someone with a god complex and just out of his mind rather than having him just seeking revenge on barry. his motivation just disappoints me i guess... and makes me wonder if they're going to be able to write something that actually makes sense.



2.

too many characters. i'm not looking that forward to the speedster team-up. again, maybe i'm alone but i don't need to see jay garrick or jessie that much.

not to mention cecile's daughter's coming on at some point, reports that eddie could come back, ronnie could be out there floating around and who knows, patty could come back and oh god my head... not to mention apparently a 2 episode arc in gorilla city...



3.

kind of goes into number 2. with all of that happening...who and how many regular characters are kind of side lined and for how long to introduce characters or new story lines... and what in the first half of the season is going to be dropped potentially or just not carried over?


4.

the whole killer frost thing. probably the biggest example of something being dropped from 3A in some ways because it might as well have been on earth two. it had zero carry over as i figured and it's almost impossible for there to really ever be any. because it won't make any sense.

if she had powers because of flash point, right, then now that that's water under the bridge, and she conquered the inner killer frost, i guess. because what is there that could possibly make her snap moving forward? not really much that hasn't already happened. so basically in about 40ish minutes they turned something that could have been interesting into making it into Caitlin being the same mild mannered, lab tech / doctor who stares at a screen and does little to nothing at times who might at times use her abilities but again, there's zero risk of that having a negative side effect now so its not like there's any consequence there.

and to make it even better, they seemed to indicate that they were going to pair her with the guy she kidnapped and nearly killed. awesome


5.

i guess... writing. i just don't feel like there's a great connective thread for a lot of characters or story lines.

i'm going to stick around and watch 3B to see what happens but i fear the more new characters and returning characters appear and need screen time... it won't get any better


----------


speaking of new characters and what not... Gypsy is coming.


http://www.ibtimes.com/flash-season-...leased-2458362


sounds like she's going to help cisco one way or the other with his powers which could be interesting... hoping it doesn't turn into a love interest situation right off the bat at least.....though she is tied to Vibe/Cisco and Rupture comically so I guess we shall see.
__________________
~People who think they know everything are of great annoyance to those of us who do~

Last edited by bonnie51; 12-11-2016 at 09:22 AM
bonnie51 is offline  
Old 12-12-2016, 04:22 AM
  #39
Supreme Fan

 
FireQueen's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
maybe I'm alone but I think it would have been more interesting in dealing with him as someone with a god complex and just out of his mind rather than having him just seeking revenge on barry. his motivation just disappoints me i guess... and makes me wonder if they're going to be able to write something that actually makes sense.
I hope they will They did such a horrible job last year with Zoom that I fear they will ruin Savitar too. I have no problem with his motivations though I'd rather see a villain that is bad for a reason than someone who goes evil just because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
too many characters. i'm not looking that forward to the speedster team-up. again, maybe i'm alone but i don't need to see jay garrick or jessie that much.
I don't care for Jesse that much but I love Jay. He's probably one of my favorite characters I don't need to see him that often though. He can appear twice a season and I'll be satisfied.

What's wrong with the team up? It won't be a thing that happens consistently. They'll probably join forces for the two episodes arc in Gorilla City and that will be it. The season has 23 episodes. I doubt a two-parter on E-2 and Jesse/Jay appearing twice a season can take time away from the other characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
not to mention cecile's daughter's coming on at some point, reports that eddie could come back, ronnie could be out there floating around and who knows, patty could come back and oh god my head... not to mention apparently a 2 episode arc in gorilla city...
That is more of a problem. I don't know what the deal is with Cecile's daughter and I find Eddie and Patty rather pointless Ronnie is so S1. He needs to stay dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
speaking of new characters and what not... Gypsy is coming.


‘The Flash’ Season 3 Spoilers: First Photos Of Gypsy Released?


sounds like she's going to help cisco one way or the other with his powers which could be interesting... hoping it doesn't turn into a love interest situation right off the bat at least.....though she is tied to Vibe/Cisco and Rupture comically so I guess we shall see.
I hope not I don't think they like to focus on romance that much. How can they write four romantic relationships when they already do the bare minimum for Barry and Iris? I'm glad Joe has a love life but Cisco and Caitlin can stay single...at least for now. It's not like years have passed since their last romantic relationship.
__________________
Icon
Serena
FireQueen is offline  
Old 12-12-2016, 12:16 PM
  #40
Master Fan

 
bonnie51's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
I hope they will They did such a horrible job last year with Zoom that I fear they will ruin Savitar too. I have no problem with his motivations though I'd rather see a villain that is bad for a reason than someone who goes evil just because...
see, i can like both. i like characters with good reasons for being evil but if you find an actor / character who is just evil because he wants to be? not like he doesn't know right for wrong, but rather he jus doesn't care....

i can love those kind of villains too. and i was thinking savitar might be along those lines since he has a god complex.

and i guess... part of it is barry fault fatigue. the whole season has been hammering how it was his felt regarding flash point, etc... now savitar too? guess i just have barry's fault fatigue

Quote:

I don't care for Jesse that much but I love Jay. He's probably one of my favorite characters I don't need to see him that often though. He can appear twice a season and I'll be satisfied.
I don't mind jay... and jessie is rather meh... idk, i guess my main issue with the team up is just that two more characters not regularly there - jay and jessie - are now going to be there.

Quote:

What's wrong with the team up? It won't be a thing that happens consistently. They'll probably join forces for the two episodes arc in Gorilla City and that will be it. The season has 23 episodes. I doubt a two-parter on E-2 and Jesse/Jay appearing twice a season can take time away from the other characters.

i know it won't last forever but there's only 14 episodes left. seems like a lot...

but i'd like to think that most of the sl's could have some kind of conclusion in those 14 episodes and when the cast is just growing - even for 2 episodes here, another episode there, etc. - then i don't know if they all and that frustrates me. outside of a couple over aching major story lines that last season to season, i like having most things reach their conclusion

Quote:
That is more of a problem. I don't know what the deal is with Cecile's daughter and I find Eddie and Patty rather pointless Ronnie is so S1. He needs to stay dead.
i agree. if rick came back i'd kinda rather him be malcolm thawne if possible or something along those lines rather eddie.

patty........

and yeah... ronnie SHOULD stay dead... but do i think he will?

Quote:
I hope not I don't think they like to focus on romance that much. How can they write four romantic relationships when they already do the bare minimum for Barry and Iris?
i hope not as well but they seem to throw cisco and a guest appearing female character towards the fast track of romance rather quickly. lisa, kendra.

Quote:
I'm glad Joe has a love life but Cisco and Caitlin can stay single...at least for now. It's not like years have passed since their last romantic relationship.
exactly. i know its the cw and sure, they're all young and attractive and succesful, etc...

but as you say, they don't always do a great amount or detail with the primary romance on the show.

and personally, i have no problem watching characters be single. sure, i might ship this or that but at the same time... watching someone be single and focus on another aspect of their character in the show rather being a love interest can be rewarding too.

i know they won't become celebate and single forever and that's cool... but especially caitlain, the girl should know she needs more time. ronnie died twice , she thought jay "died" and then he turned out to be a complete psycho. sure, julian might not be a bad guy and he's not bad looking but come on...
__________________
~People who think they know everything are of great annoyance to those of us who do~
bonnie51 is offline  
Old 12-13-2016, 08:18 AM
  #41
Supreme Fan

 
FireQueen's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
and i guess... part of it is barry fault fatigue. the whole season has been hammering how it was his felt regarding flash point, etc... now savitar too? guess i just have barry's fault fatigue
The fact that this is about future Barry makes it more interesting to me but you make a good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
I don't mind jay... and jessie is rather meh... idk, i guess my main issue with the team up is just that two more characters not regularly there - jay and jessie - are now going to be there.
So we should never see them again? I don't mind old characters coming back because they don't need to introduce them and establish their connection to the regulars. Of course, I won't have the same reaction if they appear ten times per season That's why I had no problem with Eddie and Hartley coming back in 2x17. They didn't have to spend time on developing them because both the audience and the characters were familiar with them. Plus, they were back for only one episode. I will have issues if 1) those characters appear too many times per season and 2) too many characters come back in the same season.

The team up won't have Jay, only Jesse. I liked Barry in the mentor role in 3x04 so I'm okay with another team up with Jesse as long as it doesn't become a habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
i agree. if rick came back i'd kinda rather him be malcolm thawne if possible or something along those lines rather eddie.
Not this season though. Unless he's connected to Savitar it will be just another story arc that needs development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
but especially caitlain, the girl should know she needs more time. ronnie died twice , she thought jay "died" and then he turned out to be a complete psycho. sure, julian might not be a bad guy and he's not bad looking but come on...
I hope Julian/Caitlin won't turn romantic but since they already have a strong platonic relationship with Cisco/Caitlin I doubt I'll be that lucky. They seem to make both Cisco and Caitlin interested in everyone but each other...
__________________
Icon
Serena
FireQueen is offline  
Old 12-15-2016, 04:48 AM
  #42
Fan Forum Star

 
Summer Falls's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 157,019
^ would you want catilin and cisco together?
__________________
"I'm not a witch, I'm a nerd.
And I know all the great centers of nerddom".
charlie bradbury
Summer Falls is offline  
Old 12-16-2016, 04:05 AM
  #43
Supreme Fan

 
FireQueen's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,562
Not necessarily. I think they have good chemistry and a connection but I like their relationship for what it is, a strong friendship

It's just annoying that they write both characters as very receptive to other people's physical attractiveness but blind to each other's. Has Cisco ever complimented Caitlin for looking pretty? I can't remember...This isn't about being love or having feelings, just acknowledging that Caitlin is a pretty woman. Same with Caitlin acknowledging that Cisco is a handsome man.

Caitlin

1) has been in love with Ronnie;
2) has dated fake Jay;
3) has flirted with Barry while drunk and kissed fake Barry;
4) will probably have a romance with Julian;
5) has commented on Eddie's attractiveness;
6) has commented on Mirror Master's attractiveness.

Apart from Joe and Wells (too old) and Wally (too young) Cisco is the only male regular or guest star that Caitlin doesn't find attractive.

Cisco

1) has had a crush on Plastique;
2) has flirted with Lisa;
3) has dated Kendra;
4) has called Iris "hot";
5) has said that Patty looked amazing on her date with Barry;
6) who knows if he'll have something with the new girl too?

It's like they boxed Cisco and Caitlin in this sibling-like relationship where they find everyone cute/attractive/hot but have nothing to say about each other. I wouldn't find it so strange if they didn't have this many LIs and crushes.
__________________
Icon
Serena
FireQueen is offline  
Old 12-16-2016, 01:03 PM
  #44
Master Fan

 
bonnie51's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
So we should never see them again? I don't mind old characters coming back because they don't need to introduce them and establish their connection to the regulars.
true. i guess, i think it more spaced out? perhaps its worrying over nothing and it will be.

like jays in 1-4.
jessies in 7 thru 11, etc.
maybe jay's back in episode 15, etc.

maybe that is how its going to be. having 14 episodes to go makes me a tad nervous is all. its not like they write great balance as it is.


Quote:
The team up won't have Jay, only Jesse. I liked Barry in the mentor role in 3x04 so I'm okay with another team up with Jesse as long as it doesn't become a habit.
the impression JWS gave me in an interview was that he was going to be there but I could be mistaken


Quote:
Not this season though. Unless he's connected to Savitar it will be just another story arc that needs development.
Yeah, but that's not factoring the gift of flash point. according to the writers, eddie could transfer in to the police force and pop up and people would be like

"you're alive?"

and all the writers would have to do is be like "flash point"


see Laurel Lance.

Quote:
I hope Julian/Caitlin won't turn romantic but since they already have a strong platonic relationship with Cisco/Caitlin I doubt I'll be that lucky. They seem to make both Cisco and Caitlin interested in everyone but each other...
and see, I'm okay with that simply because while it does go against the norms of the network... I've never really felt Cisco/Caitlain as a romantic pairing. Nor did I really Wells... if I had to pick between those too... IDK.

and yeah they do. and maybe they won't? but in some ways they toned down what they did with caitlain / jay last year's.


1- Caitlain invites someone to the christmas party
2- instead of jay/hunter giving her a hard time about whether or not they had christmas, julian originally declines

3-he eventually shows up and she says she's happy he came though thankfully there;s no kiss, etc.


more or less retconned, but with a few subtle differences.


......

'The Flash' Season 3: News, Rumors, Trailer & All You Need To Know — moviepilot.com
__________________
~People who think they know everything are of great annoyance to those of us who do~
bonnie51 is offline  
Old 12-17-2016, 07:10 AM
  #45
Supreme Fan

 
FireQueen's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 9,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
Yeah, but that's not factoring the gift of flash point. according to the writers, eddie could transfer in to the police force and pop up and people would be like

"you're alive?"

and all the writers would have to do is be like "flash point"
Well, Eobard is alive so Eddie should too but I'll be very upset if Flashpoint rewrote the circumstances of Eddie's "death".

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnie51 (View Post)
and see, I'm okay with that simply because while it does go against the norms of the network... I've never really felt Cisco/Caitlain as a romantic pairing. Nor did I really Wells... if I had to pick between those too... IDK.
The show never wanted you to feel them as a romantic pairing Platonic Cisco/Caitlin doesn't really go against the norms of the network...
__________________
Icon
Serena
FireQueen is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Tags
barry allen, grant gustin, spoilers


Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2019.

Copyright © 1998-2019, Fan Forum.


TEST