Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2017, 10:14 AM
Supreme Fan

If Grant was gone, I would stop watching altogether

I don't think Caitlin is dead. If she had been dead dead when Julian took off her necklace, her powers wouldn't have worked at all. Laurel is dead dead but they can still bring Caitlin back from the darkness.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's true, Serena. Caitlin is still alive, while Laurel is dead.
Old 04-16-2017, 02:46 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasing the sun (View Post)
To be totally honest, I find a lot of these DC shows with no real concrete direction. Marvel make their shows much better. That's why I watch mainly for the cast. If I didn't care for the actors/characters and action, I'd be long gone. We just can't compare them with cable shows or Netflix shows. The quality of The CW compared to other networks are pretty different too. And the ratings of their shows are evident of that. If Grant was gone from The Flash, that would make the decision to delay watching the show until summer much easier, like I am doing with Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow.
True Cw much more friendlier for the veiwing.. god if grant left the flash i would stop watching i dont think wally or jesie could run the show on their own
Old 04-19-2017, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, it wouldn't be just them running the show. They might find another actor to play Barry Allen. The show is about The Flash and not Kid Flash or Jesse Quick. That would require a big mess up of the timeline though (having a different actor play Barry), so doubt it will happen. We are stuck with Grant - but I am not complaining.
Old 04-20-2017, 08:51 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Well, it wouldn't be just them running the show. They might find another actor to play Barry Allen. The show is about The Flash and not Kid Flash or Jesse Quick. That would require a big mess up of the timeline though (having a different actor play Barry), so doubt it will happen. We are stuck with Grant - but I am not complaining.
Lol me either his good to look at and a great actor
Old 04-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

He seems happy with playing Barry too!
Old 04-21-2017, 04:27 AM
Supreme Fan

Since the show is called The Flash they could replace Barry with another Flash like Wally, Jesse, Jay, etc. but it would be suicide. None of them is developed or popular enough to to carry the show. Cisco (maybe even Iris) is more a fan favorite than Wally/Jesse/Jay but then he's not a speedster.

This isn't The Vampire Diaries or The OC where you can afford to lose one of the leads. Shows like The Flash, Arrow and Supergirl have only one lead and that is the titular character. Recasting after three seasons would be too weird. I definitely don't think we have to worry about Grant
Old 04-21-2017, 02:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Since the show is called The Flash they could replace Barry with another Flash like Wally, Jesse, Jay, etc. but it would be suicide. None of them is developed or popular enough to to carry the show. Cisco (maybe even Iris) is more a fan favorite than Wally/Jesse/Jay but then he's not a speedster.

This isn't The Vampire Diaries or The OC where you can afford to lose one of the leads. Shows like The Flash, Arrow and Supergirl have only one lead and that is the titular character. Recasting after three seasons would be too weird. I definitely don't think we have to worry about Grant
I would. people want Wally West so bad that they would just have Barry as a bit player also don't really know they might leave him in the speedforce for awhile. also I'm pretty sure the WB will push the movie since its going to be release 1918. I hope I'm wrong. I just get that feeling.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think you are just reading selective reviews. I feel most people love Barry Allen/Grant Gustin as the lead. We need not worry, I'm sure. The show won't just change leads this far into it.

What does the movie have to do with the show?
Old 04-21-2017, 07:02 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I think you are just reading selective reviews. I feel most people love Barry Allen/Grant Gustin as the lead. We need not worry, I'm sure. The show won't just change leads this far into it.

What does the movie have to do with the show?
Agreed you looking into a one side review its not what everyone thinks
Old 04-23-2017, 03:50 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereforshorttime (View Post)
I would. people want Wally West so bad that they would just have Barry as a bit player also don't really know they might leave him in the speedforce for awhile. also I'm pretty sure the WB will push the movie since its going to be release 1918. I hope I'm wrong. I just get that feeling.
Some people want Wally as the titular lead. Other people want Snowbarry. Others want Team Flash to die and for Barry to go solo, etc. The point is that the writers are clearly not pandering to either group. There's nothing in the narrative that suggests that Wally is ready to take Barry's place.

Every character has his haters and Barry is no exception but the writers are clearly making this his journey. To various degrees, everyone else is just a supporting player. Up to now, Wally is less developed and popular than someone like Cisco. The writers have also sidelined him in the last few episodes. I like Wally but he can't carry the show. Heck, I love Iris and I'm sure that she can't carry the show either. Barry is the only one who can. Same with Oliver on Arrow and Kara on Supergirl.

^ I think people are worried about the movie because they are afraid that DC won't allow two Barrys to exist at the same time but then the same should be said about Iris. IDK, I'm skeptical about them writing off both their titular lead and female lead for the movie.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:08 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireQueen (View Post)
Some people want Wally as the titular lead. Other people want Snowbarry. Others want Team Flash to die and for Barry to go solo, etc. The point is that the writers are clearly not pandering to either group. There's nothing in the narrative that suggests that Wally is ready to take Barry's place.

Every character has his haters and Barry is no exception but the writers are clearly making this his journey. To various degrees, everyone else is just a supporting player. Up to now, Wally is less developed and popular than someone like Cisco. The writers have also sidelined him in the last few episodes. I like Wally but he can't carry the show. Heck, I love Iris and I'm sure that she can't carry the show either. Barry is the only one who can. Same with Oliver on Arrow and Kara on Supergirl.

^ I think people are worried about the movie because they are afraid that DC won't allow two Barrys to exist at the same time but then the same should be said about Iris. IDK, I'm skeptical about them writing off both their titular lead and female lead for the movie.
True so true

There can be two versions of the flash im ok with that i watch DW and there has been 13 different versions of him and everyone has their favourite or "thier own doctor" same with the flash

Here's the thing with any show and character the writers would test their boundaries and people wont lole it but thats ok cause you should have faith in the writers to cause they are the reason yiu fell in love with the show/character in the first place
Old 04-23-2017, 08:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's just like Superman though. We have Henry Cavill in the movies, and Tyler Hoechlin on Supergirl.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
That's just like Superman though. We have Henry Cavill in the movies, and Tyler Hoechlin on Supergirl.
Yep movie vs tv two different worlds
Old 04-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Except if it's the Marvel universe. Phil Coulson being the same in the movies as the show.