Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Possible Board Closure Discussion: Please Read and Respond!

Sue and I have been discussing this, and we think that it may be time to close this board. Our post counts have been declining over the past few months and we have very few regular posters. As you know, Fan Forum requires that we average at least 15 posts per day, with lower numbers than that leading to warnings and then possible closure of the board. We would prefer to go out under our own terms rather than be forced to close due to low post counts.

Please let us know what you think. We'd be glad to hear any suggestions or advice to renew interest here. Remember that to keep the board going, we need the commitment of a few regular, dedicated posters. As much as we love this board, please don't just post to "save" the board and then disappear again, because we'll be in the same position that we're in now if you do.

As you all know, we already have been placed on the Low Post Count list for going without a post in 48 hours. We know that the terrible long hiatus is not helping but there is a new season coming and we hate to see the board close. But... it can't just be the mods always posting only. Let us know if you guys want to save the board for the new season.

Thanks,
Joann and Sue
Old 03-16-2017, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's so sad that after 3 days, no one has even acknowledged this post. This was my first board I have ever modded and to think of closing it breaks my heart. But... it is what it is and it seems the long hiatus and releasing a season one time doesn't help. Still...
Old 03-17-2017, 04:55 PM
Elite Fan

I share your pain Jo. I've wanted to mod this board since it started and now that I'm here, the board is at this sad point. We tried but too long between seasons just doesn't make for a high traffic board.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."