Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2016, 03:39 AM
Elite Fan

Board Customisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 04-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks Rae and Mel!! I am so excited it is our turn

Val picked a really pretty color for the thread. I'll have her link it
Old 04-30-2016, 02:35 PM
Elite Fan

okay here are my suggestions, this is the color palette I picked (based on the promotional stuff the show has, green and purple ish has been prominent) so I'd like the board to look something with this colors
Color View | Design Seeds
like a soft shade of green as background, and maybe the panel blocks (that are now by default as blue) maybe in purple ish? or the links in purple and the panels in a darker green works either way, as long as it looks pretty and not a tacky also would be nice to have sense8 in the banner written either in white or yellow like it has been in the promotional banner, whatever fits better for you guys

As for the characters order if it's possible I'd like to have Riley in the center, I feel she's the heart of the show Will next to her, and Kala and Wolfgang together, not sure if you guys agree?
and for the graphic team this is what these characters look like, for reference
Spoiler:

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 04-30-2016, 02:36 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
As for the characters order if it's possible I'd like to have Riley in the center, I feel she's the heart of the show Will next to her, and Kala and Wolfgang together, not sure if you guys agree?
I definitely agree.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:44 PM
Elite Fan

Those colours look really pretty and seem to match the pictures I saw while we were discussing this .

Any order preference for the other characters?

This is the picture which Val found and was showing me. There were others which Jo and Val feel free to link to in here for the rest of the team to consider but I do feel that one is the most usable of them. This was possibly the next best option of them but the colouring on it may make it very hard to use even if it matches the colour scheme. Then I know one of the characters is to be left out and replaced by another actor but I will leave that to Jo and Val to point out and suggest pictures for (although if I looked they did send me a good picture of the new actor too).
Old 05-01-2016, 03:33 PM
Elite Fan

let's see what the others think

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 05-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Elite Fan

Val I love your ideas - for the colors, the picture, picture placement - just everything. While I actually thought the second picture was more haunting, I can see where it would be hard to stand out with the colors. It all sounds wonderful and I can't wait to see it completed.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 05-02-2016, 12:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romantic In Denial (View Post)
While I actually thought the second picture was more haunting, I can see where it would be hard to stand out with the colors.
To be honest it is most likely more of a case that the image would be impossible to use as it would be awful to colour and work with. It would match the colours which have been suggested but the graphic itself would look nowhere near as good as it could have using the other pictures without any colouring already on them. And I doubt anyone on the team could easily work with it. They are more than welcome to try if they want to but looking at it it does not look usable at all to me.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the color ideas!!

I totally agree with the character placement and the new guy in the back. As long as Will and Riley and Wolfgang and Kala are next to each other, everyone else will fall into place just fine.

Can't wait to see what you guys come with Rae and team
Old 05-02-2016, 02:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm confused about how many characters there should be in the banner now.. four or more?

Does the show have a logo?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-02-2016, 02:21 AM
Elite Fan

There are eight characters Holly. It is all but one in the picture I linked to. One of the actors is changing so it needs to be replaced.

Then the logo is also in the picture. You can find it by googling Sense8 logo png. This is it in yellow like Val mentioned in one of her posts.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:16 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
To be honest it is most likely more of a case that the image would be impossible to use as it would be awful to colour and work with. It would match the colours which have been suggested but the graphic itself would look nowhere near as good as it could have using the other pictures without any colouring already on them. And I doubt anyone on the team could easily work with it. They are more than welcome to try if they want to but looking at it it does not look usable at all to me.
It doesn't make sense to pick an image that would cause you grief. After all, I truly believe this should be fun and not so much something you would labor at. We do enough of the IRL.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 05-02-2016, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am so excited!!

I am just surprised that Sense8 doesn't have much promo pics. Never noticed till we had to look for some
Old 05-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What do you guys think about this for the new Capheus?

Rae, is it usable? I have no idea if it is a good quality picture.

ETA: so sorry about the double post. Totally forgot I just posted earlier
Old 05-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
There are eight characters Holly. It is all but one in the picture I linked to. One of the actors is changing so it needs to be replaced.

Then the logo is also in the picture. You can find it by googling Sense8 logo png. This is it in yellow like Val mentioned in one of her posts.
thank you that'd be perfect, I think it'd match pretty well with the background colors I shown you