Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2017, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musickat18 (View Post)
It was definitely a forced endgame. Julie Pleck, et al even said that they planned to have Elena go back to Stefan but Nina leaving pretty much cemented that they'd have to have Damon/Elena be end game.

And I think the lack of chemistry is just the awkwardness of Ian and Nina bleeding through because of their past romantic history...I mean, more than usual lack of chemistry.

I read the first 4 TVD books back when they were new in the 90's. In the books there really wasn't a love triangle. Elena never felt romantic feelings towards Damon, it was only him who felt them for her, and even that got resolved once he and Bonnie started having a thing. I think all the books after book 4 were written by a ghost writer, tbh, because I'm pretty sure LJ Smith had a lot of medical issues. That's why she never finished writing the last book for that one series...I don't really count any of the books after book 4 to be real canon for the book series because they were written after the show came out.
And it's not even about me not shipping DE, it just looked so odd. There was no dialogue shard and the love didn't look real at all.

Oh with the books, LJ Smith wrote the first 6 books and than she was FIRED from her own books.

It seemed she was fired from the direction she was taking the books.

She even wrote this, and I quote,
"But I’m not submissive, and I always fight editing. In Midnight, I had to fight to keep many Bonnie scenes in the book. I’m not at all sure they liked the things I was doing with Bonnie and Damon—they kept trying to cut such scenes. And of course they didn’t like Elena’s behavior at all. They want strictly Stelena books."

It's so fcked up man. Bamon fans have a right to be pissed... same thing happened on the Vampire Diaries show as well. Ian Somerhander said that Damon and Bonnie were having too many scenes during Season 2, and the CW network interfered because the show was suppose to be about the triangle... He said that's why they couldn't interact that much after early season 2........ luckily by Season 6, Damon and Bonnie started interacting a lot more again.

LJ Smith a few years ago though decided to continue her books through kindle. She hasn't posted some in quite a few years but hoping to finish them but I read it and in the kindle books. Elena doesn't remember Stefan so she's with Damon, HOWEVER, Damon finally has everything he wants and that's not enough because the thrill of the chase (towards getting Elena) is finally over. And I think he probably feels that Elena is probably only with him cause she doesn't remember Stefan (definitely) and Stefan realizes that Damon love Bonnie even if he can't admit it to himself, and Damon and Bonnie kissed when Damon was with Elena. Bonnie of course is ashamed and Damon is hurt with how ashamed she is, totally forgetting he has a girlfriend in Elena.

When it comes to the TV series, KW should get a lot of blame for always abandoning the shows he's with.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That sucks about early seasons not allowing for Damon/Bonnie
Old 03-23-2017, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

loved Darren's character Music Meistro

Happy Thursday guys
Old 03-23-2017, 08:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
And it's not even about me not shipping DE, it just looked so odd. There was no dialogue shard and the love didn't look real at all.

Oh with the books, LJ Smith wrote the first 6 books and than she was FIRED from her own books.

It seemed she was fired from the direction she was taking the books.

She even wrote this, and I quote,
"But I’m not submissive, and I always fight editing. In Midnight, I had to fight to keep many Bonnie scenes in the book. I’m not at all sure they liked the things I was doing with Bonnie and Damon—they kept trying to cut such scenes. And of course they didn’t like Elena’s behavior at all. They want strictly Stelena books."

It's so fcked up man. Bamon fans have a right to be pissed... same thing happened on the Vampire Diaries show as well. Ian Somerhander said that Damon and Bonnie were having too many scenes during Season 2, and the CW network interfered because the show was suppose to be about the triangle... He said that's why they couldn't interact that much after early season 2........ luckily by Season 6, Damon and Bonnie started interacting a lot more again.

LJ Smith a few years ago though decided to continue her books through kindle. She hasn't posted some in quite a few years but hoping to finish them but I read it and in the kindle books. Elena doesn't remember Stefan so she's with Damon, HOWEVER, Damon finally has everything he wants and that's not enough because the thrill of the chase (towards getting Elena) is finally over. And I think he probably feels that Elena is probably only with him cause she doesn't remember Stefan (definitely) and Stefan realizes that Damon love Bonnie even if he can't admit it to himself, and Damon and Bonnie kissed when Damon was with Elena. Bonnie of course is ashamed and Damon is hurt with how ashamed she is, totally forgetting he has a girlfriend in Elena.

When it comes to the TV series, KW should get a lot of blame for always abandoning the shows he's with.
WOW Such drama! That's crazy man...
Old 03-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by just have a little faith (View Post)
That sucks about early seasons not allowing for Damon/Bonnie
Yeah because they didn't want it to become bigger than Damon/Elena who was growing closer to each other at that time. And remember it was coming off the hills of Damon snapping Jeremy's neck so realistically a lot of people would have jumped ship to Damon/Bonnie.

So, it sort of makes sense but it's a shame.

Quote:
WOW Such drama! That's crazy man...
Yes it is. Luckily I was following very closely. lol
Old 03-23-2017, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Elena falling for Damon was never realistic for me. Like...would you really fall for a guy who killed your brother????????
Old 03-23-2017, 09:32 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Elena falling for Damon was never realistic for me. Like...would you really fall for a guy who killed your brother????????
That was bad but at least it took her a long time to forgive him which I appreciated but to me it was worst that Damon threatened to kill Jeremy even more after that and actually kidnapped him, and Elena never seemed to care.

For me I guess I just didn't see how she could love Damon more than Stefan....... Probably if it was written better, I would've understood it. But in their relationship, Stefan didn't do much wrong. And he got his heart ripped apart from Elena because of it.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

They tried to explain it by the sire bond, which made sense a little, but just...she had so much better chemistry with Stefan.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They tried to explain it by the sire bond, which made sense a little, but just...she had so much better chemistry with Stefan.
Blame it on Nina and Paul.
I actually liked Stefan/Katherine chemistry more. Although Stefan/Elena chemistry is way stronger than Damon/Elena's. lol

It's so strange how Nina portray both Katherine and Elena but as the characters, her chemistry is different with each character. lolol
Old 03-23-2017, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

I loved Stelena, but I kind of also really dug Stefan/Katherine.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Also liked Stefan/Katherine

Into S7 for TVD
Old 03-23-2017, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

how was your day Sarah and Rae
Old 03-23-2017, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Tired. I don't know what the deal is but I am so stinking tired today. My eyes are bloodshot and everything. And to make matters worse I have to help babysit tonight.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Tired. I don't know what the deal is but I am so stinking tired today. My eyes are bloodshot and everything. And to make matters worse I have to help babysit tonight.
Awww. That's tough. Did you get enough sleep today?
Old 03-23-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well after 7x03 will be new to me episodes