Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2016, 07:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Penny Dreadful 3x01 - "The Day Tennyson Died" Season Premiere Discussion (May 1st)

Director: Damon Thomas
Writer: John Logan

Guest Stars: Brian Cox, Douglas Hodge, Shazad Latif

Feeling abandoned and alienated by her faith, a shattered and despondent Vanessa (Eva Green) seeks the help of Dr. Seward (Patti LuPone), an American therapist who has an unconventional way of treatment. Meanwhile, now a prisoner under the watchful eye of Scotland Yard Inspector Rusk (Douglas Hodge), Ethan Chandler (Josh Hartnett) is on a train speeding through the desert of the American West. Halfway around the world, in Zanzibar, Sir Malcolm (Timothy Dalton) is confronted by a mysterious Native American man named Kaetenay (Wes Studi) who shares a deep connection with Ethan. Back in London, Dr. Frankenstein (Harry Treadway) seeks out his old friend Dr. Jekyll (Shazad Latif). With all of her friends scattered around the world facing their own demons, Vanessa is left alone to battle a new evil that has emerged from the shadows.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for starting this !!!
Old 05-01-2016, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

The wait is over!
Old 05-02-2016, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

I've watched the episode

It was so so good ! Now I am realizing how much I have missed the show
Poor Van and Ethan looks so good with the short hair ! Can't wait for the next episode!
Old 05-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Why Ethan's hair is short?

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Because we can never have nice things.

Kidding! It got shaved when he got arrested at the end of last season. I don't know if it was common practice to do so to prisoners, or if it had something to do with the fact that Ethan's punishment involved hanging, and short hair might be more practical for that.

I saw the premiere, too - it was a good episode!
I liked how they handled Vanessa's depression, it felt realistic, and the way Lyle managed to make her responsive to his encouragement and support was lovely. Great scenes of her letting the light and the stars back into her life at the end.
I'm already wondering whether Dr. Sweet is Dracula, seeing as those two vampire minions managed to distract and make Vanessa stop right in front of the Natural History Museum.
Speaking of Dracula - nice to have him, but that final bit of dialogue and him biting/turning Vanessa's therapist's assistant was campy and cheesy as hell.
We already know Victor and Dr. Jekyll's plan will end in a phenomenal disaster.
Very curious to finally see Ethan interact with his father.
I am an horrible person and chuckled when Caliban broke that kid's neck after all those sweet moments before.
And I only just realized there was no Dorian in the episode - pretty telling of how much I missed him, lol.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree about the hair. It has to do with him being a prisoner

Really loved the scene with Vanessa and her therapist!
I thought the Dracula ending was very creepy

Caliban getting memories from his past life
Old 05-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorn (View Post)
Because we can never have nice things.

Kidding! It got shaved when he got arrested at the end of last season. I don't know if it was common practice to do so to prisoners, or if it had something to do with the fact that Ethan's punishment involved hanging, and short hair might be more practical for that.

I saw the premiere, too - it was a good episode!
I liked how they handled Vanessa's depression, it felt realistic, and the way Lyle managed to make her responsive to his encouragement and support was lovely. Great scenes of her letting the light and the stars back into her life at the end.
I'm already wondering whether Dr. Sweet is Dracula, seeing as those two vampire minions managed to distract and make Vanessa stop right in front of the Natural History Museum.
Speaking of Dracula - nice to have him, but that final bit of dialogue and him biting/turning Vanessa's therapist's assistant was campy and cheesy as hell.
We already know Victor and Dr. Jekyll's plan will end in a phenomenal disaster.
Very curious to finally see Ethan interact with his father.
I am an horrible person and chuckled when Caliban broke that kid's neck after all those sweet moments before.
And I only just realized there was no Dorian in the episode - pretty telling of how much I missed him, lol.
Lol ita about Dorian tbh..

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Dorian, who? (just kidding )
I'm sure we'll have lots of him and Brona in the next episode
Old 05-05-2016, 05:41 AM
Part-Time Fan

I also didn't miss Lily or Dorian much last episode, too excited I was for seeing Vanessa in that house all alone but most of all of her meeting with Dr. Seward! Eva and Patti Lupone just work amazingly together, always, and I'm super excited for the second day of therapy!

Also, I love that sneaky Hecate, she better take care of our Ethan, although nowhere near his "bed"! Ethan is Vanessa's!

Dr. Jekyll: What an awesome creep. He and Victor have some serious chemistry!

Sir Malcolm: More charming than ever, although looking a bit depressed himself. I really like the idea of him partners-in-crime with kaetenay. And goodness is that Indian man mysterious and awesome! I'm really looking forward to knowing more about him and how he relates to Ethan.

Oh, and that ending with Dracula... Creepy as hell! Loved it!

https://www.fanfiction.net/~twoforatable
Old 05-05-2016, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

We've had a great beginning of the new season
Old 05-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Dp