Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-03-2017, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you are right Maybe things will pick up? I am hoping because I really want to binge the season when it is over and I hope some amazing things happen so I can enjoy it as a whole and not just for watching Aaron's amazing acting talents Thanks so much for keeping us up on the season so far. I don't have Hulu but will be able to watch the season down the road so it is good to hear what your thought are on The Path in the meantime
Old 03-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks. If this show was actually good (and it being on a platform nobody watches was all that's wrong) I would tell y'all. Heck, I would probably mention that issue only once after season 1 wrapped and after that just focus the story.

That's not the case here.

Season Episode 8

I don't know what I expected.

How can they deliver a good interrogation episode, when they never wrote a good character arc to support it. The writing for the hut-side of the episode doesn't work. The one good reason to abuse Eddie like this, is for Richard and the looney guy to find out who killed their leader. Who killed the foundation of their cult. Any reasonable viewer would see the point, however criminal, of them doing this.

This mission/ is just thrown out the door because the story decides Richard and Looney shouldn't care about their leader anymore. Nope. Done with that. Eddie is the leader now.

WHAT?! Eddie the leader?!?!

No, that "dream prophecy" doesn't explain/justify him being the new leader. It's not based on anything that would make sense after what the story has given us for two seasons. Several issues:

1. Why is Eddie's nirvana the cult compound when that place was nothing but torture to him. Plus, the very idea of making normal people stay inside a closed compound is not right. It's unhealthy how easy people can gang up on you when you're live in a terrirtory where everyone must have the same viewpoints or else you're toast.

2. What leader only thinks of his own family when he sees a perfect place. He doesn't even care about the rest of the people living on the compound.

3. How has Eddie's story arc supported him becoming a leader and even Richard getting behind that? He hasn't helped anyone, he hasn't saved anybody, he can barely stay sane for 5min.

Viewers won't buy into the hut interrogation making any sense, because Richard and Looney had no clue what to do. They don't show the competence that would convince viewers that what they are watching is going somewhere. Viewers won't buy into the purpose of the hut scenes (to reveal Eddie as the new leader) when nothing the character has ever done supports that.

The popstar-side of the episode is trash. Plain and simple.
And the mother-side too (even though that had a decent start, but the back and forward between the mother and Sarah didn't work well at all. Neither side felt genuine, it all just felt like melodramatic filler.)

The raw realism Aaron delivers when Eddie is outraged at the kid being left behind, his drug state, the wonder of the "garden" and the aftermath is spectacular. And too short-lived. They should've engaged him more with conversation in the hut, instead of knocking him out right away. And in the dream he should've seen more of every event that has happened in his life, not just Johnny. It's too short. But what little they did give him he played magnificently.

It's magic.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad to hear that Aaron's performance is still going strong, it is really why I am even interested in watching the show, it is a shame the writing and the rest of the show do not live up to his amazing talent I will probably watch anyway just to get a bit of time seeing Aaron on the small screen again
Old 03-13-2017, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Accurate Breaking Bad gif

That's kind of disappointing about the show, but I will probably still try to watch for Aaron
Old 03-14-2017, 11:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, anything to get to see Aaron. I want to binge when I get a chance
Old 03-17-2017, 07:28 AM
Part-Time Fan

Season 2 episode 9

The one thing Jessica Goldberg wanted out of this show: Cal banging Sarah.

Seeing the scene actually felt anti-climatic. I don't feel that doing the scene "Bollywood chastity"-style was very honest at all. Then again, it is telling that this is Goldberg's OTP. You always treat your OTP with dignity and "purity" *snicker snicker*.

Eddie is such a noob. The denier-policy is maintained so that the cult won't fall apart. It only takes one disgruntled loudmouth with freedom to see your paying members go away. Then you don't have any money to maintain a compound. He needs to think about the ideology he wants to convince people with. He needs to work on his ability to lecture people every week. And how he's gonna maintain a steady cashflow to support people with. Not getting your miserable little family back (told you guys he's too selfish to be a leader).

Aaron has the energy and charisma to be a leader. Eddie is just a badly written character.

The church scene was lovely.
Old 03-17-2017, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awe Aaron does deserve a better written role I hope things take a turn for the better. It is a shame because Aaron has too much talent to be wasted on a poorly written part
Old 03-21-2017, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

So true

thanks for the reviews!
Old 03-22-2017, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I am glad someone is watching it as it is released so we can get reviews I will get around to watching as soon as I can but I appreciate the heads up with how it is going.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

Well episode 13 will be the season finale so you can binge-watch a couple weeks from now.

Season 2 episode 10

I really wonder.......who are the viewers that actually care about these miniscule petty inconviences these characters have.

You know, thinking about actual real problems people undeservingly have in life (unexpected medical bills, racism, poverty, being victims of real crimes), I keep wondering why Goldberg makes such melodramatic ritual scenes about problems like:

- I'm a cheater
- I visited a black sheep member of the family
- I just want more money (don't need it, but want it)
- My spouse is cheating
- I'm cheating
- I'm cheating
- I'M CHEATING

NOBODY CARES. Can't they just act like freakin adults instead of being shouty sniveling little teenagers.

No, you don't get to have mutliple partners, choose one.
No, you don't get to have an expensive church, earn it.
No, life isn't roses and rainbows your family can be mad at you sometimes. Be better next time and get over it!

There. Solved. Now write a real story.

That Aaron is handed a note which says his character is being cheated on (which his own character is already guilty of) and he actually has to react like his character is being deported to North Korea. It's mindboggling.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh wow it is certainly starting to sound like a soap opera with everyone overdramatic about everything. I was hoping for better writing for Aaron but it does not sound like this is the show I had hoped for him. I am glad I will get to see it for my self soon but I can't say I am over excited from all I have heard so far.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

I was just thinking the same thing, it sounds like a soap opera that's too bad, I think it has an interesting premise and a talented cast
Old 03-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I was not comfortable with the cult culture but the talent is immense but the writing is just not there
Old 03-31-2017, 11:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Sorry to GIF spam like this, but he is why we're even talking about this show to begin with.....so....

Season 2 episode 11

Aaron gave Hugh Dancy the kind of fire that'll last Hugh for years and years to come.

He owned the "I know it was you Fredo"-neckgrab like he invented it.

And then the writing shows itself again:
"I can order those 20 kids to throw you out because I'm the chosen one."
"Steve gave the necklace to me!"

Whatever Steve wants or doesn't want is irrelevant. Those 20 kids know Cal, are raised by Cal......not Eddie. Eddie doesn't have a leg to stand on and the writing is acting like he does. Cal shouldn't even bat an eye at this nonsense.

Who cares who has a necklace, this is about being able to take care of 30 or so families all at once for goodness sake.

Aaron epic skills....again....wasted on Eddie Lane.
Old 04-01-2017, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No I love the gif sets I am glad you are posting reviews It is great to get an idea of what to expect. It is sad that Aaron has so much talent but he has not gotten the parts that truly do his talent justice since Breaking Bad
Closed Thread   Post New Thread