Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2016, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always miss those things
Old 02-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...econd/?sort=qa

Quick link for anyone's ease.

Man, this was one of the best Ask Me Anything's by a big star we've had recently. Everyone was really happy and grateful of Aaron dedicating so much time to us.

Also cool promo photo for the AMA. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-26-2016, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks so much for posting the link Aaron is pretty great, he is a bit different for most celebrities. He is very humble about his celebrity status and great to all his fans
Old 02-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

thanks for the link

Quote:
I love voice acting, because normally I look like ****, and so I can go into work and not have to deal with the whole make-up of it all... trying to make me look somewhat presentable. So I can go to work in my pajamas, and hang out. I can read my lines rather than memorize them
sounds wonderful
Old 02-27-2016, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sounds like a good deal, I would not mind working with Aaron in his pjs
Old 02-27-2016, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

the perfect job
Old 02-27-2016, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I would think
Old 02-28-2016, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Aaron Paul can’t stop Jesse Pinkman from following him around – Zap2It

Quote:
After five seasons portraying wigged-out meth dealer Jesse Pinkman on AMC’s smash series “Breaking Bad,” Aaron Paul couldn’t be blamed for pursuing significantly lighter acting roles.

Disney movie, perhaps? Probably not gonna happen. Paul, 36, loves playing troubled individuals. The Idaho-raised actor portrays a criminal in the heist-thriller movie “Triple 9,” with a cast including Casey Affleck, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Anthony Mackie, Norman Reedus, Woody Harrelson and Kate Winslet.

We caught up with Paul by phone in Los Angeles:

What’s your excitement level about ‘Triple 9,’ and how is it different for you than your last couple of films?
Aaron Paul: “Triple 9” is just a gritty, gruesome, brutal telling of just a raw, honest human story that centers around the Russian mafia, a group of cops, a group of good cops, and the streets _ the gang world _ in Atlanta. And it’s a film where you’re not sure who you should be rooting for, because some of the heroes in the film are the bad guys. But they have reasons that they are doing these bad things, and they absolutely humanize those reasons in this film.

I was first drawn to this project because of our brilliant director John Hillcoat. I’ve been a fan of his for many years, and he’s a very picky director. He doesn’t do a lot of movies, but you know the movies that he attaches himself to are going to be just really honest stories of very brutal circumstances.

You play a criminal in ‘Triple 9.’ This seems to be natural type of role for you.
Well, some could say. I do like the more intense side of things. I don’t see myself doing a romantic comedy anytime soon.

No?
No, I don’t think so. I gravitate towards stories that have a lot of conflict in characters that are dealing with some sort of internal emotional turmoil. I don’t know what that says about me, but as an actor, it’s so much fun to play. You go into work, you zip on a completely different skin than you’re used to, and you’ve just gotta mess around in make-believe for a little bit.

As a kid, I grew up … I think we all did, boys … playing cops and robbers. We just used our imagination, let it go wild. In this film, it’s just cops and robbers but on the biggest scale possible.

Is there a certain type of role that you would want to play that you haven’t gotten the chance to do?
You never really know what those roles are going to be until the script is placed in front of you. But if I had to kind of pick something cool, I think it would be fun to play one of the villains in one of the Marvel movies. I think those characters are always the most interesting to play.

You’re starring in a new Hulu series, ‘The Path,’ that debuts March 30. What’s it about?
It centers around a family in the middle of a new controversial religious movement that is being investigated by the FBI. And I play another sort of guy that comes from a tortured past who is brought into the movement by his loving wife. His wife was born into the movement. They’ve raised their two kids in the movement. And in the pilot episode, my character comes back from an Ayahuasca retreat with the movement.

During that retreat, my character, Eddie, has this eye-opening experience where he decides that he just does not buy into it at all anymore. He just feels like it’s all a bunch of lies. But he’s kind of backed into a corner, because even though this is really how he feels now, he cannot express his feelings to anyone, especially his family. Because in the movement, if there is any sort of doubt, that person with doubt is just thrown to the curb and left behind and everyone just turns their backs on that one person. So he’d rather live a life of lies than lose his family.

‘Breaking Bad’ changed your life. Even with the movies you’ve done since … ‘Need for Speed,’ ‘Exodus: Gods and Kings,’ now ‘Triple 9’ … do you still feel like Jesse Pinkman is following you around?
I think it’s going to be kind of an impossible thing to shake. “Breaking Bad” has become kind of a cultural phenomenon, which is incredible. And I wouldn’t change it for the world. But yeah, I think it’s going to be following me around for the rest of my career. So it’s all about just doing roles that kind of change things up a little bit. But I feel absolutely grateful that I was a part of something so special and magical.

You don’t wake up sweating from a nightmare about signing Jesse Pinkman 8x10s at some comic convention when you’re 75 years old?
[Laughter] No, no. I just hope to continue to work. I’m sure by the time I’m 75 years old, people will still be calling me a b****
Old 02-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That is great! Thanks for bringing it
Old 02-28-2016, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Aaron Paul

Quote:
I’m sure by the time I’m 75 years old, people will still be calling me a b****
future title?
Old 02-28-2016, 03:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that sounds good He will still love it too.
Old 02-29-2016, 11:56 PM
Master Fan

Hugh Dancy and Aaron Paul in The Path (x) | Beaufort Place
Old 03-01-2016, 04:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Path looks pretty cool, it comes out soon right?
Old 03-02-2016, 02:55 AM
Master Fan

Old 03-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Those looks he gives are pretty amazing
Closed Thread   Post New Thread