Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2020, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by obisgirl (View Post)
I woke up early this morning, checked my Facebook feed and the Perseverance Rover was 10 minutes away from launching. This one's going to Mars! I dressed, ran downstairs and turned on youtube for my dad so we can all watch. It launched with no problem.

This Rover will take lots of photos of a crater on Mars that scientists believe used to hold water.

So, this is cool. I found out this morning from my mom that the person who named the rover comes from my high school! I don't know this kid personally since I graduated in 2002 but it's a neat little connection.
Old 07-31-2020, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Cool.

I do wonder what happened to people I went to school with and what they've accomplished.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

I skipped going to my high school reunion when it happened mostly because I was unemployed at the time and it just felt depressing to go.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know if my school ever had one.
Old 08-01-2020, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I need days off... Just one more day..
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 08-01-2020, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You off tomorrow?
Old 08-01-2020, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Tuesday, when I have my appointment for my wedding dress tailoring, I'm going to also drop by the jewelry store to have my ring finger properly sized. I think I know my size, 6 3/4 but it would be nice to have confirmed so I know what to order.

My fiance picked up his wedding ring, so I need to take care of mine.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Weddings rings are basically the last step, right?
Old 08-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

dp

Last edited by obisgirl; 08-02-2020 at 07:43 AM
Old 08-02-2020, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

For the ceremony? Yes. My fiance is working on getting suits for his best man and groomsman. The readings are ready; I still haven't heard back from the music director on my music selections.

We will have a rehearsal dinner.

I don't have to worry about a reception because we're skipping it due to the pandemic. No need for a DJ either.

We still have a photographer, he's a classmate of mine from college. One half of our wedding planner is a tech person, he's going to take care of livestreaming the event for us.
Old 08-02-2020, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow.

It's quite close now too.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
You off tomorrow?
Nope, worked today too... But have tomorrow off...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 08-02-2020, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awesome

I am scheduled to have Friday off.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:36 PM
Master Fan

I sent the music director a follow-up email because the last one I sent to her was a month ago. Two of song choices are the Glasgow Love Theme from Love Actually (I was thinking about it in an earlier draft of music choices but I wasn't sure if it was acceptable); the other is Baba Yetu by Christopher Tin (it will be a piano version). My fiance took me to a video games concert last year and Baba Yetu was the last performance of the evening, beautiful music!

There's other music but it's not a long list considering we have a very small wedding party.
Old 08-02-2020, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd have to YouTube those songs.