Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2017, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you
Old 09-27-2017, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Fall/Winter are my favourites

I'll take pictures when i'm next out. Which will most likely be tomorrow for my teaching interview. I've caught Luke's flu. He caught the flu Sunday and I've been looking after him (basic medication collecting/giving, good food, helping him with his sweats/chills etc.) and i've woken up today with the same thing. It's all good and well looking after someone, but I hate it when you catch it yourself. Especially because I came on my blob yesterday as well.
Cant wait to See them... And good Luck in the interview... Aww, hope you both feel Better soon... Yeah, catching something others have is never fun...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
yes. I wish we could have the colors and fashion without the cold.
Exactly... That would be so awesome...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 09-28-2017, 03:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's dull and raining today Guess I'll be suffering the whole 2 hour journey into town
Old 09-28-2017, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How'd the interview go?
Old 09-28-2017, 12:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It's dull and raining today Guess I'll be suffering the whole 2 hour journey into town
That sucks... And hopefully you lived through it...

And yeah, how did the interview go...?
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 09-29-2017, 04:46 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm glad you'd decided to stay.
It's still difficult at times at work. I'm often on edge when I'm around my boss. It just makes me stressed that I'll mess up.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

It went well, all my paperwork went through, but it's agency work. She said some weeks i can work 1 day, others none and some 3. I can't live off working 1 day a week.

I'm not having a good time tbh. Since i posted that post last week about things looking up, i feel like everything is flopping again. I've always had hand me down phones, I was finally able to buy my first phone and still have it now. I've had it 4 years, dropped it at graduation and it shattered. I've been looking at Networks, but can't afford anything and Luke's stressing because he can never get ahold of me. I need a filling, but my dentist wants to charge me £183, can't afford that either so now I have to deal with just letting my tooth decay. I went to the doctors about having my skin tag removed and they won't remove it, even though it's getting painful. I visited the job centre today and it was awful, he basically told me I'm not making a valid effort at getting a job. That it's my fault all the interviews are going no where... I feel so stressed.

Oh well, I have bowling tonight with Luke, my dad and brother. I'll probably lose, but at least it will be fun.
Old 09-29-2017, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well lets hope it's more than a day a week.

That's seems expensive for a filling, my dentist doesn't charge that much, maybe look around, or even better find an NHS dentist, I know there aren't many around these days.

How much would it cost to repair the phone?

Get Luke to tie thread or floss around the skintag tightly, so that it'll fall off, if it has a narrow base that should work.

Sod the Job Centre guy, next time ask him to provide help in the form of interview technique, or just be assertive and say you're doing your best. There's no point in letting those guys get you down, it's their job to be annoying after all.

Enjoy bowling.
Old 09-29-2017, 12:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
It went well, all my paperwork went through, but it's agency work. She said some weeks i can work 1 day, others none and some 3. I can't live off working 1 day a week.

I'm not having a good time tbh. Since i posted that post last week about things looking up, i feel like everything is flopping again. I've always had hand me down phones, I was finally able to buy my first phone and still have it now. I've had it 4 years, dropped it at graduation and it shattered. I've been looking at Networks, but can't afford anything and Luke's stressing because he can never get ahold of me. I need a filling, but my dentist wants to charge me £183, can't afford that either so now I have to deal with just letting my tooth decay. I went to the doctors about having my skin tag removed and they won't remove it, even though it's getting painful. I visited the job centre today and it was awful, he basically told me I'm not making a valid effort at getting a job. That it's my fault all the interviews are going no where... I feel so stressed.

Oh well, I have bowling tonight with Luke, my dad and brother. I'll probably lose, but at least it will be fun.
Thats good to hear... But 1 day a week thats doesnt sound much... And dont think anyone can, hun...

Sorry to hear that things are going south again... And how much would it cost to get the phone fixsed again...?
£183 sounds like a lot of money and yeah, agree with Claire... Why not look around and see if you can find somewhere that doesnt cost that much...
Why wouldnt they remove it, when its that bad...? If its painful to have on then they should do it... Did they give a reason...?
Thats not a nice way to tell someone that the reason that you dont get a job is because your not doing enough... Why not help you get better, when it comes to interviews and stuff... But I guess its the same way they do it in the UK and in Denmark... No help there either...

Haha, bowling do sound fun and have a blast...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 09-29-2017, 02:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Claire: That was an NHS dentist. I told them I was on job seekers and they said it doesn't cover the dentist only help with prescriptions at the doctors. I'm going to visit the NHS dentist by Luke's to see if they say different, it's got 5/5 star rating, whereas mine is 3/5.

I read up about that tying a thread and Luke has actually offered to do it, but it's on my armpit. (when i shave the razor catches on it) and he's paranoid that if it bleeds it won't stop.

Chris I asked my friend who works at Apple and he said it would cost £150 for a screen replacement because it's an old model. As for the skin tag question, about a year ago she told me to go back if it got painful, so I did and she just said "not much to do other than wait to see if it falls off." And recommended i don't shave my armpits... no thanks. The job centre man stressed me out, he kept saying "want to know what I think" and all I could think was "not really" He told me I didn't have any skills to go into teacher training, even though i'd told him i'd got a degree and a childcare qualification, he was adamant i had nothing. So i told him i got the job yesterday and he never said anything. He also told me when applying for administration jobs i can tell them i have three years experience. I was like where does my CV state i have admin experience? He said "you went to uni, did you write your own CV?" So I told him he was coming off really rude and that my degree isn't work based experience. Then he was like "you used microsoft office didn't you?" I said yeah and he said "that's all you need to do admin." What planet is he living on? I can't get teacher training with childcare degree and an english degree, but i can go into admin because i've used microsoft word?
Old 09-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good idea Jade. It was long ago I was on jobseekers/income support, but it covered all my dentist costs at the time. This article seems to say NHS treatment should be free.

That guy at the job centre! I can't believe him!
Old 09-30-2017, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Chris I asked my friend who works at Apple and he said it would cost £150 for a screen replacement because it's an old model. As for the skin tag question, about a year ago she told me to go back if it got painful, so I did and she just said "not much to do other than wait to see if it falls off." And recommended i don't shave my armpits... no thanks. The job centre man stressed me out, he kept saying "want to know what I think" and all I could think was "not really" He told me I didn't have any skills to go into teacher training, even though i'd told him i'd got a degree and a childcare qualification, he was adamant i had nothing. So i told him i got the job yesterday and he never said anything. He also told me when applying for administration jobs i can tell them i have three years experience. I was like where does my CV state i have admin experience? He said "you went to uni, did you write your own CV?" So I told him he was coming off really rude and that my degree isn't work based experience. Then he was like "you used microsoft office didn't you?" I said yeah and he said "that's all you need to do admin." What planet is he living on? I can't get teacher training with childcare degree and an english degree, but i can go into admin because i've used microsoft word?
Thats a lot of money or is it just me, who thinks that... So what are you gonna do with your phone...? Haha, I am with you on that... Dont think that any girl wouldnt want to shave that... But hopefully it will go away by it self...
He sounds really rude... They are suppose to be there to help you, not make you feel like a failure... I mean seriously, who does he think he is... I would have been more the pissed if thats was me... And I would like to know what planet he is living on too... Because thats not just what an admin is doing... And again he is just plain rude in more then one way...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 10-01-2017, 10:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry I've been absent from the thread. I haven't had the energy to post anything meaningful.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thats okay, Vic...

Hope you had a Nice weekend...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 10-01-2017, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks. It has been nice. You?