Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

  New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread
 
Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2017, 12:58 PM
  #46
Snickers & Swans

 
x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 135,360
Jade, graduated today...

Huge congrats to you, hun...
__________________
I love you, Emma Swan...K♥E
Because I do wanna future with you...E♥K
I am his and he is mine and it has been that way all along...F♥T
Because we will always have Cannes 2012...R♥K
EmmaKillianFourTrisChristianAnaRobertKristen
x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 08:18 PM
  #47
Fan Forum Star

 
LilMouse's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 238,555
Congrats, Jade

How'd you celebrate
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 01:45 AM
  #48
Boldly going

 
Meliana's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 28,217
Congratulations Jade.
__________________
Star Trek board celebrating 16 years!
Meliana is online now  
Old 09-20-2017, 04:04 AM
  #49
Fan Forum Star

 
sourburst's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 137,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Time to go shopping, Jade, Get yourself a black dress and nice blazer or something.
I don't have the money I really need a job.

Thanks everyone and thank you Chris for the lovely message you left on my instagram post
__________________
HAVE A victoria CHRISTMAS
J a d e . ღ Find Me . © Icon

Campaign: Lord of the Rings . Ezra Miller . Jenna Coleman
sourburst is online now  
Old 09-20-2017, 11:43 AM
  #50
Fan Forum Star

 
LilMouse's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 238,555
Any word from the job interviewers on what's happening?
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 09-20-2017, 02:19 PM
  #51
Fan Forum Star

 
sourburst's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 137,010
Had rejection emails for them all.

EDIT: Bringing this over, because it's relevant to this post and discussion.


Some of you may or may not know, that I suffer with severe depression. The past year I've been suicidal, had endless anxiety attacks, a nervous breakdown and even taken time out of my duties here to concentrate on my mental health. I tried to quit university 2 months before I completed my 3 year degree and my better half convinced me not to... thanks to his support, I graduated with a top degree in Creative Writing and Film Studies. I was happy, genuinely happy... for a day. Yesterday, it hit home that further education studies (after school) had been my life for 9 years. I didn't know anything different. I hadn't made any future career plans, and all my friends were in jobs or doing PGCE's. I had an anxiety attack and broke down, I cried for 3 hours straight, didn't eat and slept all afternoon. When evening rolled around, I told myself "change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change." I promised myself I'd pull myself together and was up until early hours of the morning researching routes into my career path. I didn't quite understand it, but I signed up for a few websites and today I received a phone call from a Teacher Training company about working for them in Primary School's in my area and I couldn't be happier. I feel like when I hit my lowest of the low, my spirit in overcoming change, gave me the luck I needed to receive this call. I feel like i have been blessed with an amazing opportunity. Needless to say, I am very, very nervous about my interview next Thursday about enrolling, but I refuse to let my mind sink again. I'm no longer going to tell myself I'm not good enough.
__________________
HAVE A victoria CHRISTMAS
J a d e . ღ Find Me . © Icon

Campaign: Lord of the Rings . Ezra Miller . Jenna Coleman

Last edited by sourburst; 09-21-2017 at 05:44 AM
sourburst is online now  
Old 09-21-2017, 07:35 AM
  #52
Snickers & Swans

 
x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 135,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Thanks everyone and thank you Chris for the lovely message you left on my instagram post
Your Very Welcome, hun...


Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Had rejection emails for them all.

EDIT: Bringing this over, because it's relevant to this post and discussion.


Some of you may or may not know, that I suffer with severe depression. The past year I've been suicidal, had endless anxiety attacks, a nervous breakdown and even taken time out of my duties here to concentrate on my mental health. I tried to quit university 2 months before I completed my 3 year degree and my better half convinced me not to... thanks to his support, I graduated with a top degree in Creative Writing and Film Studies. I was happy, genuinely happy... for a day. Yesterday, it hit home that further education studies (after school) had been my life for 9 years. I didn't know anything different. I hadn't made any future career plans, and all my friends were in jobs or doing PGCE's. I had an anxiety attack and broke down, I cried for 3 hours straight, didn't eat and slept all afternoon. When evening rolled around, I told myself "change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change." I promised myself I'd pull myself together and was up until early hours of the morning researching routes into my career path. I didn't quite understand it, but I signed up for a few websites and today I received a phone call from a Teacher Training company about working for them in Primary School's in my area and I couldn't be happier. I feel like when I hit my lowest of the low, my spirit in overcoming change, gave me the luck I needed to receive this call. I feel like i have been blessed with an amazing opportunity. Needless to say, I am very, very nervous about my interview next Thursday about enrolling, but I refuse to let my mind sink again. I'm no longer going to tell myself I'm not good enough.
Your gonna kill at that interview and so Happy for you that you finally got a break from the bad and have something amazing to look forward too...
And your right... Your post its more relevant then anything and so proud that you did... Its something thats real and so many people go through it... I go through it and its not fun, buts sadly a part of real life... And each person deal with it differently... It should be something that should be talked about and not being feared...
__________________
I love you, Emma Swan...K♥E
Because I do wanna future with you...E♥K
I am his and he is mine and it has been that way all along...F♥T
Because we will always have Cannes 2012...R♥K
EmmaKillianFourTrisChristianAnaRobertKristen
x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 08:51 AM
  #53
Fan Forum Star

 
LilMouse's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 238,555
That is fantastic news, Jade, and a really great opportunity. I'm really happy you were able to get yourself out of that hole and then you had Luke's support.

Take on step at a time and know everything you do, no matter how small, is going to lead to something great.
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 09-21-2017, 10:22 AM
  #54
Boldly going

 
Meliana's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 28,217
I think having a direction will help, it took me a while after university to decide what kind of job I really wanted too. I hope it goes well.

And I agree with Vic, one step at a time.
__________________
Star Trek board celebrating 16 years!
Meliana is online now  
Old 09-21-2017, 03:35 PM
  #55
Fan Forum Star

 
sourburst's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 137,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x (View Post)
Your Very Welcome, hun...

Your gonna kill at that interview and so Happy for you that you finally got a break from the bad and have something amazing to look forward too...
And your right... Your post its more relevant then anything and so proud that you did... Its something thats real and so many people go through it... I go through it and its not fun, buts sadly a part of real life... And each person deal with it differently... It should be something that should be talked about and not being feared...
Thank you so much I'm sorry to hear that you go through depression too. It sucks! It's horrible to feel like there's no purpose to anything you do, even just getting out of bed. I myself only started opening up to it this year, because it got so bad I kept asking myself "what's wrong with me?" Like i mentally couldn't get past feeling low everyday. It's good to be able to come online and talk about it, the internet seems like a good outlet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
That is fantastic news, Jade, and a really great opportunity. I'm really happy you were able to get yourself out of that hole and then you had Luke's support.

Take on step at a time and know everything you do, no matter how small, is going to lead to something great.
Thank you Luke's been great, sometimes he doesn't fully understand, like he asks me why I can't be happy if I have him, but depression doesn't work like that. And thanks for the advice, it's going to be a 3 year process being a full time teacher, but hopefully having something to aim towards gives me something else to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I think having a direction will help, it took me a while after university to decide what kind of job I really wanted too. I hope it goes well.

And I agree with Vic, one step at a time.
Thank you I agree about the direction, I'm hoping it will distract me and give me purpose.
__________________
HAVE A victoria CHRISTMAS
J a d e . ღ Find Me . © Icon

Campaign: Lord of the Rings . Ezra Miller . Jenna Coleman
sourburst is online now  
Old 09-21-2017, 06:46 PM
  #56
Fan Forum Star

 
LilMouse's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 238,555
Quote:
Thank you Luke's been great, sometimes he doesn't fully understand, like he asks me why I can't be happy if I have him, but depression doesn't work like that. And thanks for the advice, it's going to be a 3 year process being a full time teacher, but hopefully having something to aim towards gives me something else to think about.


Being a teacher is a really great career. And you'll get summer off
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 01:15 AM
  #57
Boldly going

 
Meliana's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Sci-Fi/Fantasy
 
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 28,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
It's good to be able to come online and talk about it, the internet seems like a good outlet.
I'm glad it helps.
__________________
Star Trek board celebrating 16 years!
Meliana is online now  
Old 09-22-2017, 05:44 AM
  #58
Fan Forum Star

 
sourburst's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 137,010
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Being a teacher is a really great career. And you'll get summer off
Perfect for the annual summer posting challenge then
__________________
HAVE A victoria CHRISTMAS
J a d e . ღ Find Me . © Icon

Campaign: Lord of the Rings . Ezra Miller . Jenna Coleman
sourburst is online now  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:21 AM
  #59
Fan Forum Star

 
LilMouse's Avatar

Moderator of ...
Ewan McGregor
 
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 238,555
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Perfect for the annual summer posting challenge then
haha I like how you think.
__________________
"Our lives shouldn't be measured by how much money we make or by how well known we are, but by how much fulfillment we can find in our everyday existence." ~ Ewan McGregor
LilMouse is offline  
Old 09-22-2017, 08:27 AM
  #60
Fan Forum Star

 
sourburst's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 137,010
It's always about the posts.
__________________
HAVE A victoria CHRISTMAS
J a d e . ღ Find Me . © Icon

Campaign: Lord of the Rings . Ezra Miller . Jenna Coleman
sourburst is online now  
Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
off topic, colin o'donoghue


Forum Affiliates
Everything Captain Swan, Colin O'Donoghue Source
Thread Tools



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:13 AM.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2017.

Copyright © 1998-2017, Fan Forum.