Congrats, Jade

How'd you celebrate
Old 09-20-2017, 12:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Congratulations Jade.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Time to go shopping, Jade, Get yourself a black dress and nice blazer or something.
I don't have the money I really need a job.

Thanks everyone and thank you Chris for the lovely message you left on my instagram post
Old 09-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Any word from the job interviewers on what's happening?
Old 09-20-2017, 01:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Had rejection emails for them all.

EDIT: Bringing this over, because it's relevant to this post and discussion.

Some of you may or may not know, that I suffer with severe depression. The past year I've been suicidal, had endless anxiety attacks, a nervous breakdown and even taken time out of my duties here to concentrate on my mental health. I tried to quit university 2 months before I completed my 3 year degree and my better half convinced me not to... thanks to his support, I graduated with a top degree in Creative Writing and Film Studies. I was happy, genuinely happy... for a day. Yesterday, it hit home that further education studies (after school) had been my life for 9 years. I didn't know anything different. I hadn't made any future career plans, and all my friends were in jobs or doing PGCE's. I had an anxiety attack and broke down, I cried for 3 hours straight, didn't eat and slept all afternoon. When evening rolled around, I told myself "change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change." I promised myself I'd pull myself together and was up until early hours of the morning researching routes into my career path. I didn't quite understand it, but I signed up for a few websites and today I received a phone call from a Teacher Training company about working for them in Primary School's in my area and I couldn't be happier. I feel like when I hit my lowest of the low, my spirit in overcoming change, gave me the luck I needed to receive this call. I feel like i have been blessed with an amazing opportunity. Needless to say, I am very, very nervous about my interview next Thursday about enrolling, but I refuse to let my mind sink again. I'm no longer going to tell myself I'm not good enough.

Last edited by sourburst; 09-21-2017 at 04:44 AM
Old 09-21-2017, 06:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Thanks everyone and thank you Chris for the lovely message you left on my instagram post
Your Very Welcome, hun...

Quote:
Had rejection emails for them all.

EDIT: Bringing this over, because it's relevant to this post and discussion.

Some of you may or may not know, that I suffer with severe depression. The past year I've been suicidal, had endless anxiety attacks, a nervous breakdown and even taken time out of my duties here to concentrate on my mental health. I tried to quit university 2 months before I completed my 3 year degree and my better half convinced me not to... thanks to his support, I graduated with a top degree in Creative Writing and Film Studies. I was happy, genuinely happy... for a day. Yesterday, it hit home that further education studies (after school) had been my life for 9 years. I didn't know anything different. I hadn't made any future career plans, and all my friends were in jobs or doing PGCE's. I had an anxiety attack and broke down, I cried for 3 hours straight, didn't eat and slept all afternoon. When evening rolled around, I told myself "change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change." I promised myself I'd pull myself together and was up until early hours of the morning researching routes into my career path. I didn't quite understand it, but I signed up for a few websites and today I received a phone call from a Teacher Training company about working for them in Primary School's in my area and I couldn't be happier. I feel like when I hit my lowest of the low, my spirit in overcoming change, gave me the luck I needed to receive this call. I feel like i have been blessed with an amazing opportunity. Needless to say, I am very, very nervous about my interview next Thursday about enrolling, but I refuse to let my mind sink again. I'm no longer going to tell myself I'm not good enough.
Your gonna kill at that interview and so Happy for you that you finally got a break from the bad and have something amazing to look forward too...
And your right... Your post its more relevant then anything and so proud that you did... Its something thats real and so many people go through it... I go through it and its not fun, buts sadly a part of real life... And each person deal with it differently... It should be something that should be talked about and not being feared...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 09-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That is fantastic news, Jade, and a really great opportunity. I'm really happy you were able to get yourself out of that hole and then you had Luke's support.

Take on step at a time and know everything you do, no matter how small, is going to lead to something great.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think having a direction will help, it took me a while after university to decide what kind of job I really wanted too. I hope it goes well.

And I agree with Vic, one step at a time.
Old 09-21-2017, 02:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by x♥xBeautiful_Butterflyx♥x (View Post)
Your Very Welcome, hun...

Your gonna kill at that interview and so Happy for you that you finally got a break from the bad and have something amazing to look forward too...
And your right... Your post its more relevant then anything and so proud that you did... Its something thats real and so many people go through it... I go through it and its not fun, buts sadly a part of real life... And each person deal with it differently... It should be something that should be talked about and not being feared...
Thank you so much I'm sorry to hear that you go through depression too. It sucks! It's horrible to feel like there's no purpose to anything you do, even just getting out of bed. I myself only started opening up to it this year, because it got so bad I kept asking myself "what's wrong with me?" Like i mentally couldn't get past feeling low everyday. It's good to be able to come online and talk about it, the internet seems like a good outlet.

Quote:
That is fantastic news, Jade, and a really great opportunity. I'm really happy you were able to get yourself out of that hole and then you had Luke's support.

Take on step at a time and know everything you do, no matter how small, is going to lead to something great.
Thank you Luke's been great, sometimes he doesn't fully understand, like he asks me why I can't be happy if I have him, but depression doesn't work like that. And thanks for the advice, it's going to be a 3 year process being a full time teacher, but hopefully having something to aim towards gives me something else to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meliana (View Post)
I think having a direction will help, it took me a while after university to decide what kind of job I really wanted too. I hope it goes well.

And I agree with Vic, one step at a time.
Thank you I agree about the direction, I'm hoping it will distract me and give me purpose.
Old 09-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Thank you Luke's been great, sometimes he doesn't fully understand, like he asks me why I can't be happy if I have him, but depression doesn't work like that. And thanks for the advice, it's going to be a 3 year process being a full time teacher, but hopefully having something to aim towards gives me something else to think about.

Being a teacher is a really great career. And you'll get summer off
Old 09-22-2017, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
It's good to be able to come online and talk about it, the internet seems like a good outlet.
I'm glad it helps.
Old 09-22-2017, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Being a teacher is a really great career. And you'll get summer off
Perfect for the annual summer posting challenge then
Old 09-22-2017, 07:21 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Perfect for the annual summer posting challenge then
haha I like how you think.
Old 09-22-2017, 07:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's always about the posts.