Old 10-24-2020, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 10-24-2020, 07:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I don't know who the on and off relationship dynamic appeals to, frankly.
Me either, it gets so tiring. I haven't met anyone who enjoys it.

Quote:
They often go on too long though, and I get irritated by the lack of firm decision making.
I also hate when it's so clear which dynamic the producers/writers prefer & will make endgame and the other dynamic is just there for drama. *looking at you, Roswell*

Old 10-25-2020, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love watching his head nodding there.

I stop watching shows which use the ploy too much. I stopped watching Arrow because of that.
Old 10-25-2020, 06:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Look at him...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 10-25-2020, 04:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I love watching his head nodding there.
Quote:
Look at him...

His excuse for leaving the house made he though He could've worked out a better excuse beforehand.

Quote:
I stop watching shows which use the ploy too much. I stopped watching Arrow because of that.
I also gave up on Arrow. I stopped caring. I don't watch anything on the CW anymore.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The excuse was pretty bad. Really it would have better to have been honest about it, and upfront about his motives. Surely it's better to say I'm breaking it off and I will tell her so.
Old 10-26-2020, 03:38 AM
Fan Forum Legend

더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 10-26-2020, 05:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree. But I guess because his relationship with Trudy at the time was so rocky and kinda icy and distrustful, maybe he was afraid she wouldn't believe the truth?
Old 10-27-2020, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a risk for sure. But if they going to rebuild their relationship, they need to rebuild trust too. It's not easy and saying nothing can seem easier, but in the long term it's a bad strategy. Perhaps this is why their relationship is on the rocks in the first place because they've always avoided difficult subjects, concerns or feelings. It seems easier to do that, but those issues never get addressed or dealt with. Communication is so crucial here especially when it has broken down in the past. I really do think they need some kind of couples therapy where they have to face up to the problems they have. Unfortunately I doubt that will happen in this case.
Old 10-27-2020, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 10-27-2020, 08:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You should be their marriage counselor, Claire Was marriage counseling a big thing in the 50s-60s?

And agree with everything you say about communication, hurt feelings, and distrust.

The mistress also brought up the point that Trudy was with Gordo because she wanted to be him. So that opens up a can of worms that the show can delve into.
Old 10-28-2020, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you! Perhaps I would be good at that! I don't think marriage counselling was a big thing back then.

I do think your last point is an issue. Trudy was someone who could fly and had something she loved in her own life, and then she is relegated to a domestic life of child rearing and housework. Probably her only option once she was married, but she is bound to feel the loss of her own identity and miss her former life. That could be a huge reason for their marital problems.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 10-28-2020, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Trudy was someone who could fly and had something she loved in her own life, and then she is relegated to a domestic life of child rearing and housework. Probably her only option once she was married, but she is bound to feel the loss of her own identity and miss her former life. That could be a huge reason for their marital problems.
And that will give the actress something to play. Because she loves her kids and doesn't regret having them, but it's also like...I don't just want to be a mom, where that takes over the whole identity.

the gif. He's a sweetie pie.
Old 10-29-2020, 02:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes and maybe that is a bone of contention for her. She wants to have more in her life, and share those domestic duties more than she is.

He's so lovely!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread