Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2017, 03:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode Discussion | OUAT 6.17 ‘Awake’ {AIRS: 16th April, 2017}

6x17 ‘Awake’
{AIRS: 16th April, 2017}

Still trapped in Neverland, Hook aligns himself with Tiger Lily, hoping to find a way back to Emma.
Back in Storybrooke, Regina works to break the sleeping curse that David and Snow are under, and
Gold denies The Black Fairy, which brings the two of them to a fearsome impasse. In flashbacks, we
learn what Snow and Charming sacrificed in order for Emma to fulfill her destiny as the Saviour.

더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥

Last edited by sourburst; 10-03-2017 at 03:50 AM
Old 04-15-2017, 12:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Your welcome...

Actually really excited to see this one...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 04-16-2017, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new one
Old 04-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Your welcome...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 04-19-2017, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really enjoyed this episode, even all the flashbacks, although they did confuse me for a while. I'm quite able to see past magic flowers which can open portals and magic tree sap, because the raw human emotion in this episode was so good!

I wasn't sure if Hook was getting back in this episode, so that was so nice. I was also surprised he proposed again, I thought that would be strung out for some episodes. That whole sequence I watched over and over before I could go bed!

The final solution was very good, and tied in well with the flashbacks. I like when they surprise me.

I thought Snow sacrificing her happiness for Emma really reminded me of Ruth giving the water cure to Snow.

I thought Rumple would work out the BF had Gideon's heart, and it's awesome that Gideon redeemed himself a little by resisting the BF's instruction and left a flower unharmed.

I would have to liked to have seen more of Zelena (I seem to be saying this everytime) and Belle. Belle has hardly been in this half season.

But overall, it's good to have a happy episode. Having David angry at Hook would not have fit in with everything else going on in this episode, IMO.
Old 04-19-2017, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved this episode so much. I loved everything. My favourite ship came back at the end and everything was okay. Not too sure how i feel about them being awake before the curse, but hey they were obviously stretched for story.

I love that Hook proposed to Emma properly. Hopefully this time Emma isn't a jerk after their next tiff. It felt like a real proposal this time

I knew Hook would get back this episode, I predicted last episode, but I wish it would have been a little more complicated than it was. His acting was amazing as per.

I love that Rumple is still supporting his son and knew that he didn't have his heart. So much love for the appearance of Emilie too! Miss this beautiful girl.

I am not happy at all with David/Killian. They made a big deal out of Killian's guilt in trying to tell him as if it was a major plot arc. The viewer didn't get to see him be told and when he finally faced Killian all was forgiven. It was laughable and disgusting. You killed my dad but you can still marry my daughter mate. JOKE.

^ You'd think that wouldn't you for how chill he is
Old 04-19-2017, 02:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Love reading you guys reviews on the episodes...
더는 도망갈 수조차 없어
니가 너무 달콤해 너무 달콤해 ♥BTS♥
Old 04-20-2017, 12:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The thing is the Hook killing Robert plotline wasn't about David/Killian's relationship. Their relationship issues were resolved in 6x12. This plotline was completely about how Killian views himself, and how he thinks neither David or Emma could ever forgive him despite the past and how close they've become.

In that episode it didn't make sense for David to get upset as Killian had just risked his own future to help him. I agree Hook should have apologised for completeness sake. Maybe it was edited out? But considering no one needed to know, and only Hook's guilt brought it to anyone's attention, it does show growth in his character, even if he did make mistakes along the way.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

It seems you assume all important scenes are edited out, but my thoughts are that the writers didn't even film them. They always miss the big things in this show. A lot argue since the beginning, but i argue since around season 4.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Different people have different ideas of what is important, though. I find everyone's opinion on this show very interesting, which is kind of why I like arguing about it, I suppose. It fascinates me how everyone can see the same thing and have such a different take on it.

I don't think the writing has changed, it's the same as it ever was, with the same play-offs between action and interaction, most flashbacks don't grab my attention that much, many ships don't interest me particularily; but the main story is still causing me to desperately want to see each new episode, and I'm still enjoying it immensely. The thing that has changed is the perception of the audience and the expectation of the audience over time. It's hard to please them, they all have different requirements they want to see in regards to the characters and storylines. This the reason most people drift away from long-running TV shows, simply because it's no longer new and fresh, expectations are higher than can be given.

As for editing there are always trade-offs. There was a clear edit before the proposal for example, as they film so much more than is shown. However, I was just trying to make you feel better, that's all.

The fact is when I watch other shows I frequently switch off, because I can't help comparing the writing, which in the main is so much better on Once.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think you're the first fan to think the writing on OUAT is good. I get that it's better than some shows i've seen, but it's not the best. I mean, I left the OUAT board because they were always slamming the producers, but I have to say I'm starting to agree with them and I wish I would have seen it sooner.

Victoria (Lilmouse) also spotted it years ago. Don't get me wrong, I'm dedicated. I will watch it until the end, I've spent 6 years watching this show, but I won't deny the writing is awful. I'm going to just have to ignore the big plots they build up into inevitably nothing.

Some episode's are good, but there's always pitfalls. For example, this episode was a great change from all the boring/tedious stuff they keep doing, but the pitfalls came with them ruining Snowing and David not caring about his dad. If you get what I mean?

I just think the writers need to put more thought into it.
Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)

Some episode's are good, but there's always pitfalls. For example, this episode was a great change from all the boring/tedious stuff they keep doing, but the pitfalls came with them ruining Snowing and David not caring about his dad. If you get what I mean?
I'm not sure what boring stuff you're talking about. How did they ruin Snowing? If you mean the sleeping curse, how would you have written in breaks for two actors who didn't want to be in the episodes so much, and rarely together? I'm not sure how a sleeping curse ruins them though, they are the most consistent couple on the show.
I don't think David doesn't care about his Dad, but he hardly knew him, and Hook is his good friend, and he's forgiven other people for far worse.

Still I don't want to get into an argument. Yes the writing is good. I've read a ton of fanfic and none of it comes close to being as good, when it comes to balancing all these characters, plotlines, flashbacks, complex plot twists and doing it consistently for 6 seasons. No other show has such rich relationships, where people work through their problems, rather than giving up at the first hurdle, like in most shows. Which makes me sob my eyes out, laugh, feel frustrated, romantic, happy and sad. This show has been my lifeline for the past two years stopping me from falling into huge depression, a distraction which has helped me deal with RL. So yes I think it's well written, and it doesn't have to tie up every plot it's ever had to make me believe that.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

They ruined snowing by saying they were awake before the curse was broken. They can't just leave them alone... Snowing are sacred and they keep destroying that and I assume that's one of the reasons they want to leave. They ruined them by changing the way they fell in love and now they're going back and destroying the days of the curse for the fans. I'd assume it would be like the writers introducing a new episode where Hook and Emma (whilst he was the dark one and hated her) got together and forgot their differences for some unknown reason and then took a potion to forget it. That dark one plot arc doesn't need to be messed with. I assume they're your favourite ship and that maybe you understand the point I'm making now a bit better? I'm rubbish at explaining things as you can see. I figured it would make sense with a couple you adore.

I'm not too sure what point you're making about the writing. Yes, this show is about hope and it's good, but I wouldn't say it's because of the writing. It's like 13 Reasons Why, it's about mental illness, but there's just so much wrong with that TV Show, yet it will still saves lives. It's not the mistakes saving lives it's the theme on a whole. The same for OUAT, you've previously stated that it's the theme of hope that saved you. And once again, I feel like me trying to use other examples might help my terrible explanations

And i love these sort of discussions, I feel like members get more involved, when in depth discussions like this happen. Everything is heard.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
And i love these sort of discussions, I feel like members get more involved, when in depth discussions like this happen. Everything is heard.
Glad to hear it. I'm always a bit nervous of stating my opinions.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread