Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2016, 02:16 AM
Elite Fan

Board Customisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customizing message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or color suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colors will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colors will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customization process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customization thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customized.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colors get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 01-12-2016, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

This is exciting. There are so many great photos of him. I will post some when I get home. I can guess the one everyone is going to want used.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hooray! Customization time!!!

I'll definitely post some

I think the Bello Magazine shoot was one the most recent and the most sexy

But also some of his Comic Con ones are nice
Old 01-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
But also some of his Comic Con ones are nice
yes and I even like the Monte Carlo ones.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Bello shoot is here and there is SDCC 2014 and SDCC 2015 and here are the ones from Monte Carlo but I'm not especially fond of those.

I like the SDCC 2014 ones the best I think
Old 01-12-2016, 03:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

For colours I think a matte/soft blue tone will be good. It's fits in with his eye colour, most of his clothing and the fact he is well known for playing a pirate. I'll post the colour scheme from the link provided tomorrow. I'll also try and post some useful for photos

Flora tones: 2, 3 and 4. But mostly 3.

http://design-seeds.com/home/entry/flora-tones104
Old 01-12-2016, 03:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

LOVE those colors. Blue ... definitely blue
Old 01-12-2016, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I love blue for Colin (or green)
I prefer the SDCC 2015 pics.

there's also s4 premiere portraits, 005, 004
Old 01-12-2016, 10:17 PM
Elite Fan

Blue and teal would be nice

My fave pics is the Bello mag where is looking straight at you. Any Comic con pic... and can we have a Hook cast pic too? he looks great there

Old 01-13-2016, 05:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Beli magazine seems like a major winner between us all.

So those blues and bello shoot?

The SDCC one could be a substitute if Bello is hard to work with The colours are really drained in this SDCC ones and I figured the banner would be better if colours popped like the Bello shoot SDCC is great for more options.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

We don't use character pictures for the banners

The Bello shoot I think would be a harder one to use, becasue there are only really three pictures (the colour ones) usable..

IMO the SDCC ones would be the best.. which I think most of you prefer too, right?
But it's up to you which of those most of you like best or even another one

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-13-2016, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

So far everyone has voted most for Bello shoot, in fact all 4 members who posted so far have admired Bello most. I also know that Christine (Beautiful Butterfly) will also vote Bello as it's her favourite of Colin.

The fourth image along is everyone's favourite photo of Colin (sitting down). We had an incident the other week where, for our celebration, everyone sent it in for their favourite photo. Which, is why I think it's already been suggested that it would be amazing if it was featured in our banner. "I can guess the one everyone is going to want used," was alluding to this photo. I also think the blue scheme we want is already in those photos.

I think we're all settled on Bello/Blue Scheme and SDCC 2015/2014/Blue Scheme if GT want other options. We'd be happy with either, it's just that a mutual favourite photo is in the prior.

I can see why you're worried with only 3 good photos to choose from, but they are HQ and I researched by looking at other celeb boards and they mostly use 3 headshots.

Last edited by sourburst; 01-13-2016 at 07:47 AM
Old 01-13-2016, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

If everybody is fine with that, we'll see what we can do

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-13-2016, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm in agreement. The Bello shoot is my favorite of him as long as you guys can make it work

My second vote is the 2014 SDCC pics

But BLUE! Definitely blue
Old 01-13-2016, 08:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by T'Lynn (View Post)
I'm in agreement. The Bello shoot is my favorite of him as long as you guys can make it work

My second vote is the 2014 SDCC pics

But BLUE! Definitely blue
Agreed, first vote Bello/Blue and my second vote is SDCC 2014/Blue