Old 01-03-2015, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

welcome

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Add me please. I'm gonna miss them so much.
Old 01-05-2015, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

The bond between Sara and Laurel kept season 2 so interesting and kept me watching! I cried waterfalls after the premiere. I miss my Lance Canaries together

Everytime I watch their scenes from season 2 now I just get this lump in the back of my throat, they really make me so emotional.

Bringing in some sadness and love. I cried making this gifset

x

Laurel and Sara formed this unbreakable bond in the midst of season two. Laurel finding out that Sara was The Canary was such an important scene for their bond to become even greater than before. Laurel shown Sara how to stop hiding in the darkness and how to do heroic things, she shown her a good and worthy path! Sara, despite being under disguise forced Laurel to put the bottle down. That's how strong these beauties are. Sara always found her humanity everytime she looked at Laurel! She looked up to her so much, noticing how emotionally capable her older sister is, and Sara shown Laurel the strength of how much of a strong fighter she is.

Not only did Laurel lose another person in her life to death, the the love of her life has been torn away from her- her younger sister! That's got to hurt like something I can't even begin to process. Laurel watched as her sister crashed on the cold ground, mask and wig hurled off only to land straight in-front of her. Laurel has to live with the memory of a living nightmare, witnessing Sara's death right there.

In episode two when Laurel said "Nobody will ever know who she was" this upsets Laurel greatly! Despite her younger sister being an assassin she still put herself out there to help protect the woman of the world, the children, the innocents who couldn't defend themselves and needed to be saved. Sara was about to give up being Canary in episode 22 until Laurel told Sara that she does have something to live for, that the Canary is such a beautiful name and that Sara can be redeemed. Laurel now has to remember every moment she shared with her sister while living without her, her world has turned upside down, it's dark, she's lost her light, the love of her life, she's lost her other half, but Laurel still continues to let that fire ignite inside of her. Sara's death motivated her enough to start protecting the woman of the city, she wants to do good in this world and more than anything wants Sara and The Canary to be remembered. Putting on the Black Canary suit is such a huge momentum for Laurel, she will honour her sister until the ends of the earth at all costs, and eventually, in time she will face the person responsible for her death.

- Katie
Old 01-06-2015, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah everything about her S3 SL is about Sara and how much she loved her, its proof that Laurel loved Sara more than anyone else on earth.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved their flashbacks in season 2 and also the scene when Laurel asked Sara not to hate her

They really sell it as sisters

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 01-06-2015, 04:02 AM
Elite Fan

That gifset .

There was so much about these two to love, it is such a shame Sara died so it was destroyed. I feel Laurel finally had her sister back and was connecting with her only to lose her.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:44 AM
Extreme Fan

Sara Lance: Tragic Hero or Horrible Sister?
Old 01-06-2015, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Add me absolutely love that gif set just above

Lance Sisters absolutely love all the flashbacks before the yacht then everything in S2 was amazing. Laurel really did accept Sara after everything and really loved their scenes. Even allowed Sara to continue with Ollie even after everything that happened

S3 really is about Sara and we really do see how much Laurel loved Sara
Old 01-06-2015, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by only dreaming (View Post)
Yeah everything about her S3 SL is about Sara and how much she loved her, its proof that Laurel loved Sara more than anyone else on earth.
That is very true! It's why I become so invested in the bond that they had built up in the second half of the season Laurel will never ever let Sara be forgotten. She'll make sure her younger sister is remembered well

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
I loved their flashbacks in season 2 and also the scene when Laurel asked Sara not to hate her

They really sell it as sisters
I liked the first flashback scene although I wasn't fond of the second flashback between them. If I had a sister I'd never dream in a million years of doing what Sara did to Laurel. Although, the past is in the past and it created more of a healthy relationship knowing that they could move forward. While I don't think Laurel should have been the person to apologize, she's always the better person and is so understanding. She just wanted her little sister back, and there Sara was standing right in-front of her, making Laurel pour her heart out. That scene made me cry waterfalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunted skies (View Post)
That gifset .

There was so much about these two to love, it is such a shame Sara died so it was destroyed. I feel Laurel finally had her sister back and was connecting with her only to lose her.
Thank you sweetie! I truly cried my eyes out making it

Even though Sara is no longer alive I still don't think the bond between her and Laurel has been destroyed. I feel that in a way Laurel will channel the Canary, entering the Black Canary to honour Sara. It's going to feel like Sara is alive again Laurel had lost her once, and now again. I don't know how much more loss she can handle after the three most important people has been torn away from her

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
Sara Lance: Tragic Hero or Horrible Sister?
In the past you can tell Sara wasn't a good sister to Laurel growing up. I can imagine Laurel to have defended her all the time Sara put her life in danger. We know she was pretty much of a party girl and relied on drugs, although that's all in the past now. Sara has been reborn into a much stronger version of herself, she now feels sympathy for others and doesn't think about herself. I love how much Sara has grown.

I have this headcannon in my mind that when Sara and Laurel were younger, they had the little black canary we saw a picture of in season one. Only since Sara was younger she was too frightened to hold the canary, and Laurel who had already tamed it taught it to love Sara then she started to love canaries. I just think that the importance of the canary should mean something to Laurel in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Insane (View Post)
Add me absolutely love that gif set just above

Lance Sisters absolutely love all the flashbacks before the yacht then everything in S2 was amazing. Laurel really did accept Sara after everything and really loved their scenes. Even allowed Sara to continue with Ollie even after everything that happened

S3 really is about Sara and we really do see how much Laurel loved Sara
Thank you hun! It took me hours to make

That's what I love about the lance canaries! There's so much acceptance involved towards Sara being the canary. Laurel didn't judge her from having a dark past, she told her that the things they go through never break a person, they make them who they are. Laurel was so damn proud of Sara! Laurel is just so selfless that if Sara wanted a relationship with Oliver she'd show her happiness for the both of them. She's never been a jealous person, that's not her.

- Katie
Old 01-06-2015, 08:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So much to think about and write a response damn girl you have a lot to say and absolutely love it

Absolutely agree that Laurel will never allow Sara to be forgotten first time around after Sara left with Ollie, she treasured her sister and missed her but then Sara comes back where Laurel learns what Sara became. So its why I feel that Laurel will never let her memory die and why she's going to take up Black Canary. She wants her sister's memory to stand and wants what she did to continue, do the good that Sara was doing

Also agree on how I don't think their bond is destroyed I think now that its stronger than ever, Sara coming back in S2 started that bond being stronger and then Laurel learned the truth. Then she dies and now Laurel is going to do everything to keep her sister's memory alive. Really glad that Sara did come back and the sister's relationship was able to grow instead of Laurel just having her sister being died after Sara left with Ollie, having cheated on

Sara so was reborn and absolutely love how they did that, how they brought her back and everything that we learned in the flashbacks related to the island. So really do love how Laurel accepted her as she is when she came back and then accepted her back with Oliver even if they were together while Ollie was cheating on Laurel with Sara