Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2015, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think that's the case too he's not the spoiled frat boy from before the island, its more that he needs to figure out how to be both The Arrow and Oliver Queen. Right now he's afraid to let anyone in, seen in with the storyline associated to Oliver/Felicity and him pushing Laurel away I think is more to honour Sara.

Like he told Laurel after Sara died when she asked him to train her, Sara would never forgive him So I see his point, he wouldn't want anything to happen to Laurel. At the same time, he should have trained her because she's very passionate and loyal. No matter what, she was going to do what she was going to do because she wants revenge. Which is what she did, tracked down Ted and he's been teaching her

For me maybe its a good thing that Ollie is not training her, too much emotion and would just be a train wreck. Now let me see if I can explain that without making it sound like I'm anti-OL which I'm not, just a fan of them as friends. I think him training her would not have worked because they are both emotionally about losing Sara. Laurel going to Ted, adds the outsider and allows him to train her properly without all the emotions

So here's hoping after his return we get some more Oliver/Laurel scenes, especially with her becoming Black Canary. Would be nice to see them fighting together, then he can see his mistake of being against training her
Old 01-07-2015, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I understand, what you're saying.. I prefer them not training together too, although I really would love to see them train together someday.. But for the moment I think it's better for Laurel to hear everything from someone else

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 01-07-2015, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

After she's proven that she can take care of herself maybe Ollie will be able to take her seriously and decide to train with her, to protect her and make sure that she's taking care of herself
Old 01-07-2015, 11:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Insane (View Post)
After she's proven that she can take care of herself maybe Ollie will be able to take her seriously and decide to train with her, to protect her and make sure that she's taking care of herself
I hope so, I understand his actions toward her this season a lot more than say the vitrol he spat at her in s2.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

His reasoning this year does make more sense
Old 01-08-2015, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Sometimes Oliver acts like an overgrown child which isn't surprising. He is hot billionaire who has never really had anyone tell him no. Laurel knows him and knows when to call him out on his **** instead of coddling him. To me that's the potential I see in them. I just find their past and what he did to her so problematic. I just need to see their friendship and see him treating her with respect instead of something that needs to be protected.
Oliver grew up being hand fed with a silver spoon so he didn't think he had to do anything for himself. He didn't even know how to wash his clothes, he hadn't been taught any domesticated stuff at all. According to a source Laurel has known Oliver since they turned seven years old. That's a very long time, and they went from friends turned into lovers. Laurel respects herself, she is her own person and she'd never ever let Oliver treat her with a lack of respect. I like that they're imperfect, I live for damaged couples, I find them the most interesting, although if we're not talking on a romantic level I'm more than happy to see their friendship grow. Once 'if' Oliver does return and sees how much Laurel has grown I think he'd start to respect her much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond Insane (View Post)
I think that's the case too he's not the spoiled frat boy from before the island, its more that he needs to figure out how to be both The Arrow and Oliver Queen. Right now he's afraid to let anyone in, seen in with the storyline associated to Oliver/Felicity and him pushing Laurel away I think is more to honour Sara.

Like he told Laurel after Sara died when she asked him to train her, Sara would never forgive him So I see his point, he wouldn't want anything to happen to Laurel. At the same time, he should have trained her because she's very passionate and loyal. No matter what, she was going to do what she was going to do because she wants revenge. Which is what she did, tracked down Ted and he's been teaching her

For me maybe its a good thing that Ollie is not training her, too much emotion and would just be a train wreck. Now let me see if I can explain that without making it sound like I'm anti-OL which I'm not, just a fan of them as friends. I think him training her would not have worked because they are both emotionally about losing Sara. Laurel going to Ted, adds the outsider and allows him to train her properly without all the emotions

So here's hoping after his return we get some more Oliver/Laurel scenes, especially with her becoming Black Canary. Would be nice to see them fighting together, then he can see his mistake of being against training her
Sara went through a crucible herself, so if she was still alive I honestly don't think she'd hold it against Laurel for wanting to train to enhance her skillbase, Laurel has also been through a crucible of her own which gives her every right to start stepping up more and fighting. Oliver is just terrified of the people around him ending up in danger, especially since Sara's death, so he has it rammed into his mind that he shouldn't have trained Laurel. Plus he thinks Laurel's views of wanting this are one big game, when she doesn't think that at all, what happened in the premiere wasn't a game, so Oliver is wrong about that. I honestly think Ted/Wildcat would get her much further in short time rather than Oliver. He was a vigilante before Oliver so he knows every step to training somebody.

It's more beneficial if the training source isn't somebody who you're emotionally attached to so you're absolutely correct about this. I would like to see how Oliver reacts to Laurel at The Black Canary, he'd fall to his feet. I'd love to see them fight alongside of one another, but I definitely think Ted should keep training her so it keeps true to the comics.

Oliver is always going to look out for her and he doesn't find Laurel helpless, she thought he found her helpless when he doesn't, he's just terrified to admit that no matter how much she wants to step up and transition into The Black Canary he doesn't want to lose her. She was his first love and deep down I do think he still has feelings for Laurel that he's not acting upon, she's also his only oldest friend left. This isn't about Oliver though, it's about Laurel and what she's lost in her life, she lost her other half, her little sister, she's motivated enough to fight. Oliver didn't become the Arrow by honouring a sibling/family member he took over the alter ego of the Arrow for Yao-Fei and Shado, people he didn't really know but they still both held a special place in his heart. Laurel has more than enough reasons to honour Sara's legacy as The Black Canary.

- Katie
Old 01-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight_shine (View Post)
Oliver grew up being hand fed with a silver spoon so he didn't think he had to do anything for himself. He didn't even know how to wash his clothes, he hadn't been taught any domesticated stuff at all. According to a source Laurel has known Oliver since they turned seven years old. That's a very long time, and they went from friends turned into lovers. Laurel respects herself, she is her own person and she'd never ever let Oliver treat her with a lack of respect. I like that they're imperfect, I live for damaged couples, I find them the most interesting, although if we're not talking on a romantic level I'm more than happy to see their friendship grow. Once 'if' Oliver does return and sees how much Laurel has grown I think he'd start to respect her much more.

Sara went through a crucible herself, so if she was still alive I honestly don't think she'd hold it against Laurel for wanting to train to enhance her skillbase, Laurel has also been through a crucible of her own which gives her every right to start stepping up more and fighting. Oliver is just terrified of the people around him ending up in danger, especially since Sara's death, so he has it rammed into his mind that he shouldn't have trained Laurel. Plus he thinks Laurel's views of wanting this are one big game, when she doesn't think that at all, what happened in the premiere wasn't a game, so Oliver is wrong about that. I honestly think Ted/Wildcat would get her much further in short time rather than Oliver. He was a vigilante before Oliver so he knows every step to training somebody.

It's more beneficial if the training source isn't somebody who you're emotionally attached to so you're absolutely correct about this. I would like to see how Oliver reacts to Laurel at The Black Canary, he'd fall to his feet. I'd love to see them fight alongside of one another, but I definitely think Ted should keep training her so it keeps true to the comics.

Oliver is always going to look out for her and he doesn't find Laurel helpless, she thought he found her helpless when he doesn't, he's just terrified to admit that no matter how much she wants to step up and transition into The Black Canary he doesn't want to lose her. She was his first love and deep down I do think he still has feelings for Laurel that he's not acting upon, she's also his only oldest friend left. This isn't about Oliver though, it's about Laurel and what she's lost in her life, she lost her other half, her little sister, she's motivated enough to fight. Oliver didn't become the Arrow by honouring a sibling/family member he took over the alter ego of the Arrow for Yao-Fei and Shado, people he didn't really know but they still both held a special place in his heart. Laurel has more than enough reasons to honour Sara's legacy as The Black Canary.
I agree with this. The only problem is they hired an unavailable actor to play Ted and so much is left to offscreenlandia.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh the actor for Ted is unavailable that's no good, because he's an interesting character

That is completely correct Oliver is afraid to let anybody in, but he needs to get over this
Old 01-08-2015, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

Plasse can I be add

-Lisa-
Old 01-08-2015, 07:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Welcome to the thread
Old 01-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Thank you for the welcome

-Lisa-
Old 01-08-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I agree with this. The only problem is they hired an unavailable actor to play Ted and so much is left to offscreenlandia.
What other stuff is he working on that makes him unavailable?

I like her relationship with Ted, I think he's going to help her grow so much independently. I love this because IMO it's so important that she develops outside of Oliver. Although I do believe that her individual growth can include Oliver, but I think that Ted provides them with necessary space to be who they are outside of each other so that when they do go back into each other's orbit we can really see their relationship and feelings for eachother grow organically

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 01-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

X

" I saw the way you looked at her, that kind of love doesn’t die…"
Old 01-08-2015, 11:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

I wish that Ollie didn't come back until Laurel was badass as Black Canary so he could tell her "this is my city, don't suit up " only for her to be like "....this is just as much my city?" And then show him some of her moves. Since i doubt he will view her as a equal for a while.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
What other stuff is he working on that makes him unavailable?

I like her relationship with Ted, I think he's going to help her grow so much independently. I love this because IMO it's so important that she develops outside of Oliver. Although I do believe that her individual growth can include Oliver, but I think that Ted provides them with necessary space to be who they are outside of each other so that when they do go back into each other's orbit we can really see their relationship and feelings for eachother grow organically
He is a series regular on a show called Power.

I like your idea theoretically, but we will never see it. We'll be lucky to get one more episode of Ted. Everything you said will never be shown and I need Laurel's growth to be SHOW not TELL. I didn't want Oliver to train her necessarily, but I did need it to be someone that would be onscreen.