Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2015, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Flash 2x08 Legends of Today && Arrow 4x08 Legends of Yesterday: Episode Discussion

legends of today
2x08 - episode discussion

PART ONE OF THE EPIC
CROSSOVER WITH “ARROW”

In its second major crossover event with “Arrow,” Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) arrives in Central City and sets his sights on Kendra Saunders (guest star Ciara Renée). After Vandal attacks Kendra and Cisco (Carlos Valdes), they turn to Barry (Grant Gustin) for help. Realizing how dangerous Vandal is, Barry takes Kendra to Star City and asks Oliver and team to hide her until he can figure out how to stop Vandal. However, things quickly go from bad to worse when a man with wings AKA Hawkman (guest star Falk Hentschel) shows up and flies off with Kendra. Meanwhile, Harrison (Tom Cavanagh) develops a serum to make Barry run faster and asks Jay (guest star Teddy Sears) to test it out.

legends of yesterday
4x08 - episode discussion

PART TWO OF THE EPIC
CROSSOVER WITH “THE FLASH”

Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Barry Allen (guest star Grant Gustin) take Kendra Saunders (guest star Ciara Renée) and Carter Hall (guest star Falk Henstchel) to a remote location to keep them hidden from Vandal Savage (guest star Casper Crump) while they figure out how to defeat him. Malcolm (John Barrowman) arranges a meeting between Vandal, Green Arrow and The Flash that doesn’t go as planned. Meanwhile, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards), Thea (Willa Holland), Diggle (David Ramsey) and Laurel (Katie Cassidy) work with Team Flash to come up with a weapon powerful enough to destroy Vandal Savage.

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©

Last edited by kostilicious; 12-03-2015 at 01:31 PM
Old 12-01-2015, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the thread so excited for this crossover
Old 12-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Elite Fan

I'm excited for this crossover as well.

And we should get some sisterly interaction.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

legends of yesterday
2x08 - episode discussion

- Well its looking like the whole Arrow team from the guest starring

- WHATTT??? How the hell did he put the hand cuffs onto the captain - is he going to have all types of magic, is he the one that taught Damien his magic

- Aww Barry going all science and that was adorable - JOE thinking that they are so cute

- Kendra is adorable, creating a dinner for them as an indoor diiner they are cute but totally going to be shipping her with Hawkman

- Nice having The Flash on speed dial and damn saving Cisco - then Cisco giving the secret of Barry away

- TEAM ARROW DAMIEN WTF did Oliver just use against them - SQUEEEEEE love them showing what Team Arrow is up too - HONEYYYYYYYYYYY I'm sorry but I do love them - how is it that Damien is able to get Oliver so easily? or was that just to give a reason for Barry to save him

- Felicity getting mad at Barry for not telling her about the broken back

- watching the teams just hanging out and talking - the conversation that Barry and Oliver had about getting the girl

- So cool to watch them fight in street clothes and not their outfits though Savage is BADASS

- MALCOLM Still was weird to see Oliver out with a gun. Malcolm coming with answers and would make sense that he knows

- HAWKMAN Excited HMMMMM totally going to like Hawkman though he seriously took Oliver and Barry down like it was nothing

- NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OMG

- 206 times being killed

- Oliver thinking that it makes sense after everything that he's seen

- AWESOME seeing the suits beside each other in Arrow Cave

- Love how they go to each other depending on which city they are in

- Liked that Jay saved Wells and glad that they didn't kill Wells

- Laurel already being in Central City Damn them leaving the episode on Oliver realizing that little boy was his son
Old 12-02-2015, 06:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

This is boring thus far. Everyone who isn't Hawks/Olicity/Barry/Cisco are just there to fill the screen.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:52 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm going to watch this Tomorrow or just wait for Friday
Old 12-03-2015, 01:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't find it boring at all.. I liked it..

Poor Cicso.. he always falls for the women he can't have...

I like Hawkman

Olicity.. I'm pretty sure this will have an effect on them..
Another new theory of mien for who's in that grave.. maybe William?
I doubt they would ever put Felicity in there... so William is my guess now
Because Barry is the only one knowing about it and he's with him at that grave.. the more I think about it the surer I am..
and in the end this will have an effect on Olicity..

I just loved when they all walked up there..
But why do they just never clean up the mess they leave.. don't they ever learn? specialyl when they have a strange feeling about it
Other than seeing the Canary cry again laurel could really have stayed at their mother's.. there wasn't much room for her in that episode..

honestly can't wait for the next one

btw I wondered if Ollie ever thought about Laurel finding out that he produced a son when they were together but only was thinking about Felicity
to give him the benefit of the doubt, he hadn't much time to process he's a father now.. and I really think Felicity went way overboard with her accusations

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-04-2015, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

So watched Flash on Tuesday but then came home 5 minutes into Arrow Wednesday - so decided to save it, so watching re-watching Flash and watching Arrow now

My play by play the night of Flash is just above - but here's some comments while rewatching it before watching Arrow cause missed it
THE FLASH ⚡ legends of yesterday
- Oliver being very hard on Barry can see his point but he really was harsh in that scene - their scene in the apartment where Oliver alognies for being "snippy" and then Barry quoting what Oliver said where Oliver said that he was wrong. Barry taking his drink and his words

- Cisco/Thea scene is cute, Cisco wanting to change her nickname and then the comment on his hair

- Poor Cisco confessing his feelings for Kendra and her being so special feel bad for him because he's surely going to lose her to Hawkman who look like their going to be epic - still awkward seeing Oliver pulling a gun on Malcolm

- Again going to comment on how cool its watching them fight without their outfits and just in their normal clothes. Really cool that they've got their gear with them but is it duplicates kept at the apartment or they just care it with them all times

- Wells/Cailton scenes would have been interesting but felt that it was out of context for this episode. Would have been better elsewhere because of how its totally unrelated - him being shot was crazy though

- So intrigued by Hawkman and their past/story plus he's quite steamy to look at - Ok totally like Hawkman cause he's stunning but he's also hilarious

- Barry not wanting to believe all this and Oliver is right that it does all make sense. Oliver has seen some mythical things, so doesn't seem to surprise him. Seems like magical stuff happened to him during our seasons flashbacks and also Constantine showing up - then Barry's speech to her about believing in herself and his comments were great

- Curious why Jay actually showed up and saved the left of Wells. Guess that it must show that this Dr.Wells isn't evil and its just that Jay didn't agree with his methods. So wonder if we will get more to why he actually did this - could it just be that Jay doesn't want an innocent to die even if he's not a fan of Wells

- Do get a out that they list to whomever's city that it is So Barry listening to Oliver when its Star City then now Oliver is listening to Barry cause its Central City. Guess it makes sense because both in a sense are "alpha" males with being the leader of each other's team, so having them give leadership over to whose city it is. Easlier then butting heads
Arrowlegends of yesterday
- Oh a flashback to Hawkman/Hawkgirl back in the past, watch them "fight" and oh Savenge back then too - oh its from remembering scenes

- the girls and Cisco thinking up details with Oliver's comment about "The Geek Sucide"

- Oh their outfits

- Her lying to Oliver and then he's taken a piece of hair to check where he's going to find out the truth

- That's crazy that he didn't feel the pain of the Arrow

- OHHHHHHHHH Malcolm's threat to Oliver due to if anything happened to Thea that was intense

- Hawkman is hilarious he really does bring the best out of her

- Oliver finding out that William is his Samantha is right that Oliver's world is too crazy. I feel bad for Oliver where 99% of Samantha's reaction I agree with - though its harsh that she asks the impossible of him associated to keeping it from Felicity. Oliver/Felicity fight I feel bad about BUT think Felicity overreacted. Oliver just found out and hasn't even had a moment to process it - so its a very heartbreaking moment but I just feel like everybody had their own points - don't agree with just one person

- Hmm that her wings have not came after all - well here comes the time travel cause damn everybody is dying

- Oliver giving advised to Cisco is adorable

- Oh seeing how they die the first time and watching them fight

- Glad this time that he told everybody to suit up this time needs everybody to battle Savange - Oh they did it

- Poor Cisco

- Flarrow hugging

- Aww heartbreaking scene Oliver with his son just heartbreaking - right now it is heartbreaking that he is not telling her but I think I'm ok with the fact that he's keeping it to himself. I just hope that Samantha allows him eventually to tell Felicity - I just understand where Samantha is coming from, Oliver was the playbody. She hasn't gotten to know the new improved Oliver, so I'm willing to let it play out and not be pissed at Samantha or even Oliver for keeping the secret

- WTF you doing Malcolm?

Last edited by crash landing; 12-04-2015 at 10:54 AM
Old 12-06-2015, 02:11 AM
Elite Fan

Katie is in both episodes? I am glad I noticed it was a crossover and hopefully got both recorded then, even if it is only a small bit and possibly not even necessary.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
Katie is in both episodes? I am glad I noticed it was a crossover and hopefully got both recorded then, even if it is only a small bit and possibly not even necessary.
No just the Arrow part but you will need to see both or will be confused
Old 12-06-2015, 09:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
Unfortunately not I didn't know when I put the thread up

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 12-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

She was really wasted just being background fodder. I was hoping to get more Cisco/Laurel.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:40 AM
Elite Fan

That is a shame then .

Chances are I will get confused even with watching both episodes since I only watch Arrow .
Old 12-07-2015, 10:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Yea it was a waste

I felt that even if you don't watch The Flash - that it wasn't that confusing only confusing part would be Dr Wells and what him/Caitlin were up too
Old 12-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think you won't.. and there's also the summary in the beginning

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©