Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2015, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Arrow 4x04 Beyond Redemption: Episode Discussion

beyond redemption
4x04 - episode discussion

LAUREL DEALS WITH THE
AFTERMATH OF NANDA PARBAT

Laurel (Katie Cassidy) must deal with the repercussions of taking Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) to Nanda Parbat. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) asks Captain Lance (Paul Blackthorne) for a favor and while he’s not surprised at the response, he is surprised at what he finds out next.

Lexi Alexander directed the episode written by Beth Schwartz & Ben Sokolowski (#405).

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Tomorrow we best get more then we got last week
Old 10-28-2015, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

I so can't wait for this.. I'm excited

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

God this show annoys the hell out of me. If you aren't Oliver/Olicty then they could care less about you. The fact that they have given us the barest of bones with Laurel bringing back Sara makes me so pissed. We haven't gotten any scenes getting inside Laurels head, seeing what she is feeling with bringing back Sara, struggling with her situation, actually using this to develop her even the slightest. And now Sara is free which means she can't even be the one to reach out for help because she feels the need to, she HAS to reach out to them now that her sister is loose. If I had the will power I would just quit this show.

Rutina was wasted, I expected her to at least be used for a couple of episodes and get a good use out of her.

Oliver/Quentin scenes were the best, they actually put effort into it.
Old 10-28-2015, 09:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

- Oh Laurel showing Quentin Sara, so glad that Laurel has told him right away. Swore to not keeping secret from each other - Glad that Laurel told her father and not keeping it a secret but feel like Laurel is delusion where she thinks a few days will fix everything then even the scenes with her father - still not liking this at all, cause it yet again was like nothing other than a delusion Laurel - hoping next episode with Sara out and Oliver finding out, that we get more of WTF that Laurel was thinking

- Quentin and Oliver scene, oh Quentin willing to work with Oliver and can't wait to see their scenes together

- That's the same drugs that Thea got to bait the bad cops with associated to it being the drug that was previewed during flashbacks with Oliver, weird

- HAHA "What I don't get a code name like the rest of you"

- Yea that's what I'm talking about related to Oliver/Laurel but her Canary Cry was totally not that loud at all plus wtf they were able to turn her Canary Cry off like that

- Ahh Lance putting the task force back together last year - really this cop thinking they are not criminals

- Quentin and Damien, oh Laurel is the reason why Quentin is working with Damien. That makes sense - Damien has a daughter, going to go back to thinking Felicity's father is Damien

- HMMMMMMMM no comment - Oliver Ladder

- OMG Oliver finding out that Quentin is talking to Damien - hope that Quentin and Oliver can come to understandings, that Oliver is able to assist Quentin against Damien considering that Damien is holding things against Quentin for threatening Laurel

- Oh Oliver's comment when Quentin first came into his apartment, the look on his face but poor Quentin reaction to Oliver saying it really really hope these two became partners and so glad these two are having this discussion do absolutely love these two. Oh Poor Quentin he was too caught up with Damien by the time he found out. Oh man Oliver admitting what he did associated to why he's running for Mayor. So broken

- Oh Quentin looking like he's going to shot Sara after what Damien told him, he won't be able too Oh Laurel stopping her - OMG Paul is killing me here, absolutely has killed me. So happy that Quentin and Laurel seem alright with each other

- At least that Canary Cry seemed more like its meant to be and not weak as hell like it was during that other scene. Oh awesome watching Thea and Laurel fighting together - Oh that police officer getting Oliver and Quentin's speech, totally to Oliver about all being doing wrong associated to what he's done associated to Damien. PLEASE PLEASE let this be partnership time for Oliver and Quentin

- YES Oliver and Quentin willing to work together to put Damien Dark down, to save Star City

- Adorable seeing Thea putting so much into helping Oliver with saving the City - excited to see what's up, not sure what I think though of Oliver going for Mayor - though his speech was pretty impressive

- Sara's out, snap on the preview too
Old 10-29-2015, 06:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer (View Post)
God this show annoys the hell out of me. If you aren't Oliver/Olicty then they could care less about you. The fact that they have given us the barest of bones with Laurel bringing back Sara makes me so pissed. We haven't gotten any scenes getting inside Laurels head, seeing what she is feeling with bringing back Sara, struggling with her situation, actually using this to develop her even the slightest. And now Sara is free which means she can't even be the one to reach out for help because she feels the need to, she HAS to reach out to them now that her sister is loose. If I had the will power I would just quit this show.

Rutina was wasted, I expected her to at least be used for a couple of episodes and get a good use out of her.

Oliver/Quentin scenes were the best, they actually put effort into it.
I agree with everything you are saying.

I really don't care for Olicity. I don't hate them but the show is called Arrow and it's about the Green Arrow and the Green Arrow's partner is the Black Canary.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I totally get you guys.. We get way not enough of Laurel these days..

I looooooved the scene with Ollie and Quentin..
Gosh it's still soooooo important to Ollie to prove Quentin he's a good guy..
I know it's much, but it wouldn't be this important for him if he wouldn't still have feelings for Laurel.. And I don't mean this in a necessary romantically way.. other than that I think Quentin somehow took over for Ollie's dad even if QUentin never wanted that role in the first place But like Ollie said.. he always thought he was the good guy.. This scene was just sooo good

I really missed a proper Quentin/Laurel scene

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quentin/Paul in general rocked ever single scene he was in, by far one of my favorite ever scenes was Quentin/Oliver when Oliver confessed of thinking that Quentin was always a good guy and partly why he was running for Mayor. His disappointment in Quentin
Old 10-30-2015, 10:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

that was their bestest scene ever

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-30-2015, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Almost have to admit that particular scene might be one of the best ever on the show
Old 10-30-2015, 05:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

It definitely is

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-30-2015, 08:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

So impressed with that scene actually any of Paul's scenes during the episode, he rocked them all
Old 11-02-2015, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

and today he posted he's not a good acter because he had to create (an amzing btzw) backstory for his characters...

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 11-02-2015, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Reading it now PAUL we LOVE YOU

That was FANTASTIC Paul is not a good actor but a GREAT ACTOR WOW
Old 11-03-2015, 05:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

He is... I almost cried when I read it

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day