Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2015, 03:29 AM
Fan Forum Star

Arrow 4x03 Restoration: Episode Discussion

restoration
4x03 - episode discussion

LAUREL TAKES HER SISTER
TO NANDA PARBAT

The growing tension between Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Diggle (David Ramsey) puts both their lives at risk when they go after Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and a H.I.V.E. deployed meta-human. Meanwhile, Laurel (Katie Cassidy) talks Thea (Willa Holland) into returning to Nanda Parbat to ask her father (John Barrowman) to put Sara (guest star Caity Lotz) into the Lazarus Pit. However, Laurel is surprised when Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) refuses to do it.

Wendey Stanzler directed the episode written by Wendy Mericle & Speed Weed (#403).

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-20-2015, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Will be so good or hoping that it will be
Old 10-21-2015, 12:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me tooooo I'm sooo excited..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-21-2015, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Will be watching in an hour and a half
Old 10-21-2015, 06:55 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm already tired of The Ghosts, they just multiplying and are taken down at the beginning of every episode in some random location but we don't know why or what they are doing at these places. I am happy to finally get some smaller more detailed fight scenes in this episode. Oliver isn't used to dealing with metas which is nice.

Good ol'daddy Merlyn wanting his daughter to kill to quench her thirst. Lol I can't at Malcolm feeding Thea's thirst for blood. Is he just going to keep sending his men for her to slaughter? "Hey honey, here's your dinner!" lol. His whole reason to bring back Sara was lame though. "please daughter don't be mad at me for wanting you to kill people, here, you can bring your friend back! peace now?"

Felicity for the win for shutting Diggle/Oliver down. Though it is hard to expect everyone to rally at the ring of a phone. And it didn't take long for Diggle to reveal his secret so him divulging it to Laurel isn't much of a big deal now.

The hideout was way to easy to find.

They are doing a good job on the Oliver/Diggle front and Thea's storyline, but REALLY half-assing it on the Laurel/Sara front. They aren't putting nearly as much thought into it as they should be doing. Instead of allowing us into Laurels head and see her go through the motions of whether or not to bring back Sara, they just give us like 2 scenes. Can't believe (well I can) that they just threw away all the development they gave to Laurel last year, not to mention all the development they gave to Laurel/Nyssa.

It was ridiculous how 99% of Laurels storyline was shown in promos/previews.
Old 10-21-2015, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

- Ugh still am with this seasons introduction...I am the Green Arrow

- Ugh seeing Oliver on a motorcycle is just perfect - OMG seriously Felicity remote controlling a piece of equipment was pretty cool

- NYSSA AND MALCOLM - eekkkkkk excited, amazing scene watching them spearing. Say what that he used the Pit considering what he says about the Pit

- Doesn't shock me that Malcolm's answer is NO considering that he seemed scared as hell when Oliver wanted to do what he did with Thea - the Pit is so unpredictable and makes total sense not too - still not sure what I think of Laurel wanting to do this

- Still not sure about these Flashbacks, guess its going to make sense at some point. Just needs to build up - Is the lady from the picture that was handed to Diggle - the lady from Oliver's flashbacks?

- OHHHHHH deck of cards as weapon's, that's pretty cool BUT totally similar to Gambit from X-Men

- Nyssa and Laurel scene Laurel recognizes that Malcolm is right and recognizes that she may be different - but for her to continue on like this still going to take a lot for me to enjoy this, going to love that Sara is returning but am just on it being Laurel, felt more like she had already put this to rest back last scene - that Laurel wanting to bring Sara back being for the Spin off and having Laurel being the one being the only thing to make sense even if it doesn't and just out of the blue. Will see how it goes - most likely learn to just "whatever" and be excited over Sara being back

- OHHHH Diggle ignoring Felicity's calls

- THAT was so cool that he picked the card off his skin meta human, would if Barry will appear especially if Oliver captures this one. Will have to get ahold of Barry to hold him in Central City

- Really like the mirroring of this whole scene, watching both Oliver and Diggle taking on two different fight scenes at the same time, both failing without the other hope Felicity gives them a piece of her mind and forces them to work together for the greater good even if Diggle isn't ready to forgive him

- Malcolm and Thea loving this scene because we are learning more about the Pit - oh Thea lashing out at Malcolm due to what he told her, don't blame her cause it was so not normally father advice

- Absolutely Felicity having some backbone, watching her tearing the boys a new one is PERFECT yelling at the boys and making them figure it all out

- Is Palmer causing Felicity's phone to act up and she just hasn't realized it

- Ironic that Felicity is now the one that is coming up with bad lies kind of like Oliver use too before Felicity knew the truth

- Oh seeing Damien getting mad was interesting - still am very very interested in him. Also very much intrigued by his powers

- LOA attacking Thea while she was sleeping at the orders of Malcolm - he also lied to her about the dude and crazy that she won't losing this hungry cause Ra's who did what happened to her is already dead - HUH Malcolm just set yourself up to giving Laurel what she wants of putting Sara into the pit - Said the wrong thing about willing to do anything for your daughter - won't be able to say no now associated to putting Sara into the Pit

- Wonder considering what he just told Thea about the Pit causing a hunger for lashing out on the one that hurt the victim is going to be relived or overlooked considering Thea killed Sara - still want a showdown personally between Sara and Thea even if it turns out to being that they work together at some point - still want a fight having Laurel stepping in to protect Thea

- OH man seeing Oliver torturing somebody in the flashbacks still hard watching him doing it

- WHATTTT???? trying to wrap my head around Malcolm's logic restoring Sara to help with Thea's guilt, well guess that makes sense cause restoring Sara will help with Thea feeling guilt over killing Sara - was just looking at thinking that Thea would guilt Malcolm into it after that line that he delievered to her just in that last scene - I love Laurel and love that we are getting Caity back - but this all just seems like a bad idea though it'll make for amazing storyline cause they really should fully explore what they could because they should make Sara absolutely crazy and just bad ass

- HAHA badass Felicity is perfect - Watching her trying to shot that gun but damn, she actually hit him

- OHHHHH MANNNNNN its happening, Sara's in the pit - OHHHH MANNN she's back and doesn't surprised me that she was trying to go right for Thea

- OH Oliver taking a bullet/card for Diggle, really glad that these two seem to be on the mend. They really work perfectly together and love their bromance

- OHHHHHHHHHH the three of them {Oliver/Felicity/Diggle} going for beers at the end of the episode. ARE WE GOING TO SEE THE NEW LAIR NEXT EPISODE?

- What the hell? am not happy with them using Laurel associated to bringing Sara back - am not happy and not sure if I'll be able to forgive
Old 10-21-2015, 10:19 PM
Supreme Fan

Laurel isn't a character. She's a plot point. The writers are just sacrificing all the Laurels growth last season to bring Sara back for the spinoff

They don't care to even show more of her struggles with this storyline. It makes 0 sense that Laurel would see and know of the effects yet still throw her sisters corpse in that Pitt.

I hate watch this show for Laurel but I can't put up with this crap much longer.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I am so close to just never watching this show again. Why do they always use Laurel as the sacrificial lamb?!! I am so tired of her being used as the writers/fandom's punching bag
Old 10-22-2015, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i dont think it makes zero sense what laurel did if there was some tiny chance she could have her sister back then why not take it and u can see how much love and hope she has for her sister to come back and i know this is just a show but if you were in the same position as laurel could u honestly say u wouldnt do the same? she just wants her sister back

oh god and i lovedjr bourne in this eppy fantasic villian loved his card power and how oli completey failed against him the first time and felicitys all BAM I WAS BORN TO USE A SHOT GUN

theres still theories going around that damien dark isfelicitys dad i kinda would still like this to be true and whats happening to her phone maybe thats him hacking her phone and sending amsg?

so so so soooo glad diggle and oli's relationship is repaired have missed our orignal ot3 working together~
Old 10-22-2015, 08:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Ok maybe not "zero chance" but my problem is this a out of left field the second she hears about the Pit she is digging her sister up and taking her; I know Laurel feels with her heart and very emotional person - but the second she hears about what the Pit did, seriously have her written that right away she does this

Plus am not happy about we are getting nothing of her thoughts and just that it was about Thea; don't get me wrong Thea's storyline is interesting BUT we are hearing all these reasons not too and how bad the Pit is BUT no counter argument or thoughts back from Laurel

this is an episode totally will need to re-watch to see if any other marks or anything that will make me a little less annoyed
Old 10-23-2015, 03:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay I thought the epsisode would be better tbh

I loooved Felicity finally taking over and making Ollie and Diggle talking for that.

Buut I was really dissapointed about the Nanda Parbat storyline.. I don't know.. It was kind aweird and it felt flat..

Finally the new lair.. I'm excited and curious where it will be and what Ollie has in mind..

I can understand why Laurel would like to bring back Sara so badly.
Even if she knows about problems, but the good person she is, she firmly believes she can work through them with her sister with her family..
I think with Sara's death she lost sooo much (again) at once. Her sister, with whom she just reconciled. Her father with whom she had the most importnat relationship IMO. All at once that she had left at this moment. She put all her focus in being BC because she didn#t knwo how else she could cope without turning into an addict again.. and now she had this solution that in her opinion might bring all that back.. her sister, her father.. at least that's how I see it
I can imagine Laurel feeling pretty much lonley with Sara and her father gone. Ollie has Felicity (and I just don#t want to get started over how ridicolous I find it that their friendship seems like nothing at all anymore and that a friendship could still be deep between them even if Ollie is with Felicity ) Diggle has Leila.
Aaaand I guess Thea can understand this feeling too otherwise she wouldn't just let the same thing she's strugglign with happen to Sara..

Okay I hope that somehow makes any sens to anyone

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-23-2015, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Okay I thought the epsisode would be better tbh

Buut I was really dissapointed about the Nanda Parbat storyline.. I don't know.. It was kind aweird and it felt flat..

Okay I hope that somehow makes any sens to anyone
I think that's my problem we got nothing from Laurel maybe other then a scene with Nyssa we got consequences from Thea and Malcolm making all these warnings - even saying that Thea is lashing out and is pretty much screwed cause Ra's is dead - so isn't Sara going to go after Thea {didn't anybody think of this}

IMO you make total sense and I get that BUT what is bothering me is that we got nothing to us - she made peace last season and was doing what she could by being Black Canary - then right away after finding out a solution to getting Sara back she jumps right on it - I understand that it works perfectly that going to Nanda Parbat right away for Thea worked out - but just like you said feels flat where we got no explanation and no feelings from Laurel - cause you explained it perfectly but we don't get to see that

So that's my problem with it all
Old 10-25-2015, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
<< restoration >>

Oliver: 16mins, 43secs
Laurel: 7mins, 40secs
Diggle: 12mins, 27secs
Thea: 8mins, 52secs
Felicity: 11mins, 2secs
Malcolm: 9mins, 14secs

<< season totals (so far) >>

Oliver: 1hour, 7mins, 16secs
Laurel: 33mins, 13secs
Diggle: 31mins, 31secs
Thea: 35mins, 34secs
Felicity: 37mins, 46secs
Malcolm: 9mins, 14secs

queencanaries
This should've been a heavier Laurel episode. Hopefully next week improves on that and gives us more insight into Laurels motivations.
Old 10-25-2015, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ugh she got the lest amount of time for the episode I've said my thoughts and that just proved that she certainly didn't have enough time at all
Old 10-26-2015, 12:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sure she'll get more this week

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©