Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2015, 07:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Arrow 4x02 The Candidate: Episode Discussion

the candidate
4x02 - episode discussion
THE CANDIDATE

When an old family friend, Jessica Danforth (guest star Jeri Ryan), tells Oliver (Stephen Amell) and Thea (Willa Holland) that she is going to run for mayor, both Queens are concerned considering the last three mayors have been murdered. Despite their protests, Jessica makes her announcement so the Green Arrow and Speedy vow to protect her. Meanwhile, Thea begins to exhibit effects from the Lazarus Pit. In addition, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) is faced with a tough business decision and looks to one of her employees, Curtis Holt (guest star Echo Kellum), for help.

John Behring directed the episode written by Marc Guggenheim & Keto Shimizu (#402).
Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by crash landing; 10-14-2015 at 07:54 AM
Old 10-14-2015, 12:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks.. great art.. who made it? you should credit it

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-14-2015, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Forgot to take it out it's from Stephen's general one episode thread and Beth made it - I've removed it cause this is Katie's Arrow thread
Old 10-14-2015, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

okay wsn't sure if it was on purpose or not

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-14-2015, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Fan

I'm glad that they really slowed down the episode apart from the beginning of the episode. Thea's storyline is definitely the most interesting and the part I enjoyed the most. I'm both happy and surprised that they are moving it on so quickly.

I liked getting more personal scenes between Laurel/Diggle and Laurel/Thea. Though I hate that we are already back to secrets! Especially with Laurel. Of course it won't be kept a secret for long but still. I'm glad that they acknowledged her not knowing what happened with Thea last season but I just hate that they have Laurel doing this after she has seen Thea go all crazy on Oliver and not really consult with Thea though I am surprised that she is down for it as well. The scene of them at Saras grave was eerie which was good and it was a good scene but I would've much rather Laurel open the box and Sara not be in there. Damien should've been the one to force Sara back to life to use against Quentin but of course the writers have to force Laurel do this. Of course it is a good question of "would you bring back a loved one if you had the chance to" but I can't really get that behind it since there are a thousand ways to do it better.

Felicitys storyline was ok but I found it weird that she was able to waltz in there after never being there and just take over. I wish they would have her see that there aren't always happy endings and ways around everything but I can already tell that they most likely won't be going that route.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:33 PM
Elite Fan

I really enjoyed the epiosde tonight. A lot of interesting stuff going on and geting set up.

First off last week i still thought the flashbacks were sort of shoe horned in and didnt fit with the episode becuase of the fast pace. I felt like they handled that much better this week. The cuts from the present to the past and back felt more natural this time. Lets hope it stays that way this season. Im defintely intrigued by the story so farl. Very curious to see what is going to happen there.

I loved the action scenes tonight. The opening scene was awesome. i loved the Oliver/Laurel arrow line scene. It looked awesome. Then later them all dropping down through the sky light looked bad ass.

The best stuff was crazy Thea. I loved Oliver and her going at it. It was cool. I like how he didnt back down and tried to prove something was wrong. Also how creepy was she when that guy caught fire? Is it wrong that I want her to go full on crazy? I kind of want to see her as teh bad guy for a bit maybe. Am i the only one?

I loved all the Thea/Laurel scenes. I like them togther. I could go for more of that. Might be the most redeeming thing about them in Nanda Parbat. I dont see how Laurel thinks its a good idea to do this to Sara after seeing Crazy Thea first hand. Ill forgive her though because she did seem to understand Oliver doing anything for Thea. However, it would have come off less hypocritical had she just not told Dig keeping secrets always ends up badly. Oh and you know because we all know this contrived storyline is really for Legends anyway.

I like Felicity/Curtis. I wasnt sure i was going to at first. I liked her in CEO mode. Although is it just a coincidence that she manged to stave off imminent firing for "6 months." That is when the board said they would need Felicity and Curtis project that doesnt exist. Is that a coincidnece that it coincides with the Funeral time line? hmm

I knew from the early on that this was gonna set up for Oliver to run for Mayor but i wass kind of hoping it would last a little longer. I liked the set up though. At least the reason felt believible enough. No one else will run for it because so many mayors have died. The one person brave enough to try had her daughter kidnapped. SO yea... I can at least see Olivr running has believible. Do we think someone will step up and try to run against him? Maybe DD himself?
Old 10-14-2015, 09:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Episode time 11pm but thanks to West Coast tv can still watch my shows on tv cause work until 8pm

A introduction, was afraid because of no intro last episode GREEN ARROW

OHHHHHH Ollie putting the wire out for Laurel just love watching the 4 of them working together as a team. Absolutely it starting off with Action and then Felicity wanting a code-name

A FERN and he packed her lunch

Liked that her question lead into the flashback and oh Flashback!Oliver kicking total butt

JERI RYAN

This should be good Felicity taking charge at Palmer's

Self defense classes still not the smartest with the lies I see, Oh Oliver

Oh a Quentin/Oliver scene

Oh my Laurel complaining about being hungry, so random and cute

Motorcycles oh that Thea has her own, that was cool to see them riding in together absolutely glad to see them together - oh absolutely about something has to be up with Thea - Oh fight between Oliver and Thea, an actual fight between them WOW - WOW on Thea, she's absolutely CRAZY - Oliver telling everybody about The Pit and Thea's reaction to it Oh and Laurel learning the truth - Still not sure about the fact of what Laurel will want to do

The new dude working at Palmer's is GAY love that they did that

2nd thread between Quentin/Oliver really can't wait to see them figuring out a way to work together. See how their relationship changes

Damien Dark explaining that lines can't be crossed and order still am interested in him - he's going to be one hell of a villain IMO and am excited

Thea/Laurel in their roommate situation and so glad that we are seeing them casual together - Aww Laurel having the look in her eye, really hope they probably explain of wanting Sara returned - Was Laurel never told about LP?

Still want to know how Damien got Quentin - I think its just the threat again Laurel - really am glad that Quentin exploded at Damien for threatening Laurel

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Quentin calling Oliver and telling him where the daughter was and giving Ollie the chance to prove doing something different I do see that Quentin may be able to work with Oliver, may still not like him though

Amazing that Oliver is able to call out "Speedy" and doesn't call out "Thea" instead - absolutely amazing on Thea's fighting skills, hope its not cause of the LP and all but more Malcolm's training - setting that guy on fire was crazy

OHHHHHHHHHHH Oliver in Flashbacks having his short hair, beat that Stephen is happy about that associated to no more wig

Yes Felicity showing the shareholders who boss was

Thea admitting that she was wrong - Ollie 2.0 - no more like Ollie 1.0 trying to do things differently

LAUREL what are you up too? I like that she wants to help Thea and looking out for her - but honestly not sure how I feel about Sara, am of course glad we are getting Sara back but not sure what I think of Laurel being the one to want it

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTT - I'm going to run for mayor

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT - digging Sara up, still not sure if I'm going to be alright with this or not - Been a year
Old 10-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know exactly what you mean Aaron.. Again with secrets.. Ollie will be so furious.. but at lest she can throw in his face he did the exact same thing.. so apart from the keeping secrets (specially when she just told Diggle) I really don't care.. (btw man looks Sara creepy )

Ollie for mayor.. I'm not sure about it, but on the other hand I like it

wondered about Felicity and the company too..
She's not there for half a year and then can just take carge? I want to know wat happened while she was gone.. they didnt really talk about it, did they?

I really wonder about the flash back storyline.. so far it just annoys me..

Bestest was the Laurel/Diggle scene loved it soo much..

Sarah don't forget Ollie calls Thea Speedy for years.. It's nothing new to him

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-15-2015, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

^ I forgot about the Laurel/Dig scene in my thoughts. I really loved it as well. Or maybe it was just nice to see someone get Dig to talk and not be a grumpy pants besides baby Sara.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
Sarah don't forget Ollie calls Thea Speedy for years.. It's nothing new to him
I never claimed to be the smartest tool in the tool shed
Old 10-15-2015, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aw Sarah stop saying stuff like that

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 10-16-2015, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I have my moments not all the time, so its all good