Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2015, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Arrow 3x22 - This Is Your Sword - Episode Discussion

this is your sword
3x22 - episode discussion

AL SAH-HIM TAKES HIS FINAL STEPS TO ASCENSION; ROY AND THEA REUNITE

Oliver/Al Sah-him (Stephen Amell) finishes his training and is left with two final tasks to become the next Ra’s al Ghul. Ra’s (guest star Matt Nable) threatens Nyssa (guest star Katrina Law) and delivers some shocking news. Meanwhile, Malcolm (John Barrowman) makes a surprising offer to Team Arrow and Thea (Willa Holland) goes to see Roy (Colton Haynes).

Wendey Stanzler directed the episode with story by Erik Oleson and teleplay by Ben Sokolowski & Brian Ford Sullivan.

Basic Rules:
  • Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.
  • No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.
  • Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.
  • Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.
  • Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Old 05-06-2015, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

thanks.

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-06-2015, 07:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Promo makes this one look interesting but what's more interesting is Flash's promo for next week
Old 05-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

I really liked this episode, could've shortened the flashback or Thea/Roy but overall I really enjoyed it.

Can't say how refreshing it was to see Black Canary fight with some technique! Of course her being able to handle the LOA was a bit of a stretch, but she already fought them 2 episodes ago so I don't mind that much, if at all honestly. Just chalk it up to her training with Nyssa really paying off within 1-2months. They really need to change the Canary Cry sound or at least specify if BC can control how strong it is, when she lets out that cry, ears should bleed. And it would've made perfect sense for her to use it during the fight in NP.

I was worried about what they would do with Felicity during the fight but they got around it by just having the LOA ignore her till the end which was fine.

Really hoping that they have a good way to explain TA surviving the "poison" since Al Sha-Him being a sham was a let down and the whole "we don't kill on weddings" or whatever was a bit of a stretch to have them survive as long as they did.

The wedding went off without a hitch, SURPRISE! said barely anyone. Glad they went through with it since coping out of it after having Al Sha-Him be fake and finding a way to let TA survive as long already took all the cop out they can do within an episode.

Katana looked GREAT, probably the best costume in the series imo. Her having to kill Maseo was sad but I was fully expecting her to lose so I was happy to see that she didnt.

Really wishing the finale was 2 hrs long.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Wow

Loved that we saw the Canary Cry second episode in a row

Associated to that scene her fighting those thugs was
Old 05-09-2015, 12:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like the cry.. I wonder why they didn#t use it in Nanda Parbat..

What I didn't like was they got captured and all Felicity could think about was that Ollies supposed to marry Nyssa.. Don't worry about your life or all of Starling City

Other than that.. Maseo but well done

That Ollie had a plan, I knew it all the time.. and I love that Laurel was at John's side nearly immediately..

Aaaaand now Thea's defintely going to be Speedy.. can't wait to see her in costume

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-09-2015, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

^ maybe the cry is bad for her vocal chords if she uses it so often? or the others could've been affected by it too.
I loved BC's fighting scenes at the beginning and in NP she kicked ass! and without the mask uhh she was even more flawless
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
What I didn't like was they got captured and all Felicity could think about was that Ollies supposed to marry Nyssa.. Don't worry about your life or all of Starling City
ugh, I know I loved Malcolm's comment on that. I didn't like it either when Felicity said "my Oliver", like, no problem that Laurel was standing there? and that they only dated for about 2 hours and he's hers? okay.. I feel like this is too much
other things she did and said were really funny, though, for example when she threw the tablet at that warrior and thought that was what killed him

I loved the Team talking back to Malcolm, in general I thought the script was very well done. when Laurel said to him that he should've brought a flag

poor Nyssa the things she was gonna be made to do, ugh.. I hope she gets out alive of all of this with the plan Oliver's got.
it was really sad to see TA "dying" in that cell wish Dig and Felicity had talked to Laurel as well in their "last minutes".. I wonder how they'll be able to forgive Oliver and trust him again completely after all of this is done. they had to go through too much even though he's only pretending

Old 05-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Laurel Lance in 3x22 - This Is Your Sword
Short side on my opinion of Laurel in this episode she kicked complete butt both during the beginning with those thugs where she was on "mission" with Diggle then at Narda Da Par {sp? } against the LoA guys. Plus without the mask/wig and all the glory of Black Canary outfit, she looked stunning just in the gear itself
Old 05-11-2015, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't like that either Jojo.. IMO it just doesn't fit.. but well..

The tablet scene was one of the best.. at least the dont forget to pu funny things in it..

I specially love this

liek she was the only one who wouln't give up on him

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-11-2015, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

She never seems to give up in general goes back to last episode talking about her fierceness towards those she cares about
Old 05-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeeeees

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 05-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

yep. well, she knows Oliver better than anyone so even in that situation she had faith in him

Old 05-12-2015, 06:33 PM
Ultimate Fan

I like how she got a better wardrobe these past 2 episodes.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Loved seeing her in her gear without the mask and wig she looked fantastic